Thanks

getlucky2018

Star Member
Jan 13, 2019
Toronto
LANDED..........
Canadian Citizen
Hello All,
I will also be applying for my Citizenship this month! I will be printing off all the documents tomorrow March 2nd and then start working on completing them. I received my renewed PR card just last month and the information that they had asked me for when I was filling up the application for my PR card renewal contained similar information to what they are asking for in the Citizenship application (ex: Time spent outside the country, etc.) I plan to send off my documents by the 2nd week of March! God Willing!

Nitin-Nitin

Oct 23, 2018
Cultural Access Pass

What do I get?
Free admission to museums, art galleries, science centres, national parks, marine conservation areas, historic sites, and more. As a CAP member, you also receive discounts on travel and free tickets for events and performances*.

When does my CAP expire?
One year from the date on your citizenship certificate. You can register for CAP at any time during your first year of citizenship.

How much does it cost?
CAP is a free program created by the Institute for Canadian Citizenship and our cultural partners.

Eligibility
You are eligible for CAP
if all of the below
are true:

1. You are a Canadian citizen;

2. It has been less than 1 year since your citizenship ceremony;

3. You are 18 years of age or older.

Step 1:
Register for the
Cultural Access Pass

https://www.icc-icc.ca/site/register-for-cap/

Step 2:
Pick Up Your Pass
Already registered? Get your pass at a CAP Pickup Location near you. Simply enter your city/town and click “Search.”

http://attractions.icc-icc.ca/pick-up-your-pass/map/

ayeshasalma

May 27, 2014
Hello,
I applied for Citizenship today for myself and my daughter. How do i check if they have received my courier or not ?
Any info is highly appreciated.
Also, if someone could add my details on the spreadsheet doc.
App.Type: Family (2)
Physical Presence Days: 1,096
App Sent: Feb 28th 2019
App Recd: Dunno...

Last edited:

calgary17

Mar 11, 2017
Hello everyone,

I have a question regarding the First/Last name. My name on my passport is all under my guven name, there is nothing in my last name.
And so on my COPR and PR card , they put it all under last name. I would like to split my name.
When I fill in the citizenship application can i put them separately and it will be corrected.
What would be the consequences if they do not automatically correct it.
Will they send the application back? or go with the name as all together in last name?

Example: G K is all together in last name, I want it to be G in First name and K in last name.
Any advise/experience will be appreciated.
Thank you

ajanarth

Sep 11, 2015
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2016
AOR Received.
25-03-2016
IELTS Request
8-04-2016
Med's Done....
8-04-2016
Passport Req..
23-11-2016
Who is managing March 2019 applicants tracker ? can you add me ?

Pls add my application

App.Type: Family (3)
Physical Presence Days: 1,105
App Sent: March 2nd, 2019
App Recd: Yet to be received.

getlucky2018

Star Member
Jan 13, 2019
Toronto
LANDED..........
Canadian Citizen
Hello,
I have a few questions:

1) Physical Presence Calculator: Could anyone please tell me more about this? On the application, it asks for print outs of this document.

2) Taxes filed in the past 5 years: I got my PR in April 2014, do I have to start counting my 5 years of filing taxes from that date? Because if I count from the date of issue of my PR, it has just 4 years of tax filing, or would you recommend that I file my 2018 taxes and then send out my Citizenship application form?

3) Proof of English Language Knowledge: It asks the following on the form "Did you successfully complete the LINC or CLIC courses at CLB 4/NCLC 4 or higher from January 1 2008 to October 31 2012?" I am not sure what LINC or CLIC means, I have given my ILETS between 2008 and 2012, will that suffice or will have to take the English language test again?

4) Copies of all biological pages of the passport: Does this mean that I have to make a copy of all the pages of my passport and attach it to my citizenship application?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you

getlucky2018

Star Member
Jan 13, 2019
Toronto
LANDED..........
Canadian Citizen
Please I require assistance. As at today using the calculator , I would have spent 1,113 days meaning I am eligible for citizenship.

But I am yet to file my tax for the 3rd year as I am yet to receive my T4 slip for 2018. Also I will need to wait till almost end of march to receive my 1st 60days RRSP contribution receipt to enable me file for tax towards end of March/ early April 2019.

Can I go ahead to apply now since I will be filling my 3rd tax year by End of march/ early April or should I wait till I have filed the 3rd Tax year. Your response will be highly appreciated. Theres a portion of the form which requires me to indicate the years I have filed for taxes also can I go ahead to say I have filed for taxes for the 3rd when I will just be doing that towards the end of march / early april

On the Citizenship form, it says that they want your tax filing information for the past 5 years? Am I NOT right about this?

getlucky2018

Star Member
Jan 13, 2019
Toronto
LANDED..........
Canadian Citizen
Am in a similar position, but my plan is completely different that yours. I too am eligible today, but will hold off until I can submit my tax 2018 and then apply by mid Mar or so
Yes, as per the application you can mark it as Yes to lodged (as by the time they process it, you would have applied it by then anyways)
But in case something comes up (some complications with tax,personal situation etc and you are not able to lodge it), then your CIC application would still say Lodged. But you may have not actually lodged.

CIC may return it back saying, incorrect/incomplete information. And you lose few months for it.
So I rather wait, submit my tax first and then apply a complete package in peace (losing one month in process vs many). This is my thought process only. You may or may not choose to follow it.

Guys, I have been a PR since 2014, on the citizenship form, it needs information about taxes filed in the past 5 years. is it 5 years or 3 years, I am confused, please help.

GraceCan

Oct 16, 2014
Hello,
I have a few questions:

1) Physical Presence Calculator: Could anyone please tell me more about this? On the application, it asks for print outs of this document.

2) Taxes filed in the past 5 years: I got my PR in April 2014, do I have to start counting my 5 years of filing taxes from that date? Because if I count from the date of issue of my PR, it has just 4 years of tax filing, or would you recommend that I file my 2018 taxes and then send out my Citizenship application form?

3) Proof of English Language Knowledge: It asks the following on the form "Did you successfully complete the LINC or CLIC courses at CLB 4/NCLC 4 or higher from January 1 2008 to October 31 2012?" I am not sure what LINC or CLIC means, I have given my ILETS between 2008 and 2012, will that suffice or will have to take the English language test again?

4) Copies of all biological pages of the passport: Does this mean that I have to make a copy of all the pages of my passport and attach it to my citizenship application?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you
Pls reference the following website. It has answers to all of your questions https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-0002-application-canadian-citizenship-under-subsection-5-1-adults-18-years-older.html

Wasild

Apr 15, 2015
India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-08-2014
Nomination.....
PER - 17-12-2014
AOR Received.
None
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
Processing started - 10-03-2015
Med's Request
Awaited
Med's Done....
NA
Interview........
Don't know...
Passport Req..
Awaited
VISA ISSUED...
Awaited
LANDED..........
God Knows!!!
Question: I just complete 1120 days after landing and filed my 3rd year taxes. I was filling the application but the form asks for details for the past 5 years- which is Q11 - now I am wondering do I need to fill in only the details from the date of landing or the from the actual starting date as per the eligibility period?

aero_eng

Nov 26, 2015
Visa Office......
CPC-M
App. Filed.......
26-11-2015
AOR Received.
30-05-2016
Med's Request
09-06-2016
Med's Done....
15-06-2016
LANDED..........
07-02-2017
Hello everyone,

I have a question regarding the First/Last name. My name on my passport is all under my guven name, there is nothing in my last name.
And so on my COPR and PR card , they put it all under last name. I would like to split my name.
When I fill in the citizenship application can i put them separately and it will be corrected.
What would be the consequences if they do not automatically correct it.
Will they send the application back? or go with the name as all together in last name?

Example: G K is all together in last name, I want it to be G in First name and K in last name.
Any advise/experience will be appreciated.
Thank you
Your first and last name should be as it appear on your passport/PR Card. If you want to spilt it, I will recommend waiting until the processing of your citizenship application is complete.

aero_eng

Nov 26, 2015
Visa Office......
CPC-M
App. Filed.......
26-11-2015
AOR Received.
30-05-2016
Med's Request
09-06-2016
Med's Done....
15-06-2016
LANDED..........
07-02-2017
Question: I just complete 1120 days after landing and filed my 3rd year taxes. I was filling the application but the form asks for details for the past 5 years- which is Q11 - now I am wondering do I need to fill in only the details from the date of landing or the from the actual starting date as per the eligibility period?
I did mine as per the start of eligibility period.