Feb 15, 2017
India
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
30-03-2019
I agree with you. Atleast the consultant should be able to get you the actual progress of your application. Because right now you are as clueless as someone like me who didn’t hire a consultant.
I also spoke to one RCIC, and i only asked him to confirm whether the immigration officer review is the last stop where the applications finally get either a red or a green signal. He gave me a vague reply just like CIC is replying to email these days, of absolutely no help. Not sure what the secrecy is about
No sir, I disagree because this is not the job of any lawyer or consultant as they make this clear on the day of their appointments. They never promise the things which you are suggesting. Their primary job is to represent you and help with personal case and documentation. I talked about this with my lawyer and he said IRCC does not disclose their processes. Even though they are aware about some progresses through their sources, it is a bad practise to disclose it without any substantial proof. So our expectations is completely wrong about this.

Khush_Mugambo

Jan 20, 2019
Its too early man .
Your 6 months processing starts right after the completeness check that is R10,which is around you medical exam passed date .
I guess you passed your medical exam in April so take 6 months from there that is October .

I am not demotivating you just saying what is mentioned on Cic website.

If you see the February timeline , applicants having PPR in 5.5/5 months after medical pass date which is as per IRCC time line.(within 6 months)

Also,do you have an access to your profile ?
Thanks for this information James. This is news. My account has been showing a 6 months countdown from the AOR date (28th March). The Medical pass date though is May-9th. So as per this, I am looking at a Nov-9th completion date instead of Sept-28th as displayed in my account right now. Wonder why the actual completion date from the MEP date is not shown. Thanks again though!

Bvk2001

Star Member
Sep 16, 2019
Guys, I raised webform yesterday to check out the status of my file but I didn't get any auto response mail... is there anyone who raised webform recently n got auto response?
I did also yesterday but no reply, but at least I ve got the confirmation through cic website that it was successfully transmitted, but no email

salsyed

Star Member
Feb 5, 2019
Lahore, Pakistan
No sir, I disagree because this is not the job of any lawyer or consultant as they make this clear on the day of their appointments. They never promise the things which you are suggesting. Their primary job is to represent you and help with personal case and documentation. I talked about this with my lawyer and he said IRCC does not disclose their processes. Even though they are aware about some progresses through their sources, it is a bad practise to disclose it without any substantial proof. So our expectations is completely wrong about this.
So you’re saying, its okay for an MP from a completely irrelevant ministry like Mr. Goodale to tell us about our application status but not okay for the paid consultants, who are actually responsible for facilitating us with immigration matters, to apprise us of our application status?

Bvk2001

Star Member
Sep 16, 2019
So Finally I have got a status from IRCC. 30 days after I submitted web form. It seems they rejected my application on May itself with the reason stating that the work experience documents don's specify responsibilities.

They didn't bother to contact me to ask for more document to support the work experience. They did not even reject my application and it is still in progress status.

Any ideas what can I do? I can easily get a document from My previous employer, but since they have not asked me I can not upload it to support my application.
the best you can do is to raise CSE, select replacement a document.please do it asap. you lost nothing by doing so , but It can change things.at the same time Pray to God.

geheimwaffe

Jan 14, 2019
Thanks for this information James. This is news. My account has been showing a 6 months countdown from the AOR date (28th March). The Medical pass date though is May-9th. So as per this, I am looking at a Nov-9th completion date instead of Sept-28th as displayed in my account right now. Wonder why the actual completion date from the MEP date is not shown. Thanks again though!
I am pretty sure that the timeline starts from the submission of your application i.e. AOR

If you use the webform to contact immigration shortly after your 6 month timeline on the dashboard runs out they confirm that you are indeed correct regarding the 6 months having lapsed.

If the 6 months were taken from medical pass, they wouldn't not say that.

My 6 months passed on 9 Sept, one week later I checked on status and they verified and confirmed the application is taking longer than normal. If they weren't counting from AOR date then they would have told me to wait until next month.

Reactions: jigesh

ripster85

Star Member
Sep 9, 2019
I am pretty sure that the timeline starts from the submission of your application i.e. AOR

If you use the webform to contact immigration shortly after your 6 month timeline on the dashboard runs out they confirm that you are indeed correct regarding the 6 months having lapsed.

My 6 months passed on 9 Sept, one week later I checked on status and they verified and confirmed the application is taking longer than normal. If they weren't counting from AOR date then they would have told me to wait until next month.
I agree, we should not assume things here, 6mnths are from AOR and that is a fact. Its just taking on average few more weeks from 6th month deadline these days. To make our selves feel better we can say whatever we like. Just relax and wait it out. Process is going to take its own time.

jigesh

Star Member
Feb 15, 2017
India
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
30-03-2019
So you’re saying, its okay for an MP from a completely irrelevant ministry like Mr. Goodale to tell us about our application status but not okay for the paid consultants, who are actually responsible for facilitating us with immigration matters, to apprise us of our application status?
The information given by the minister is not really vital and such information is available to everyone and has no significance because it is available to everyone and what I understand is applicants are looking for precise information, i.e exact status of the file which is not disclosed by IRCC to anyone including the MP you are referring. Moreover, my point is this is not promised by them so useless to expect it.

jigesh

Star Member
Feb 15, 2017
India
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
30-03-2019

I do agree with the same thought

hypervariate123

Aug 13, 2019
Dude there's a difference between a govt official and a private guy providing immigration services. Don't randomly confuse the two.

MPs give you generic responses that they can access. Not special secret notes or anything. Just order your GCMS.

Reactions: jigesh

jigesh

Star Member
Feb 15, 2017
India
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
30-03-2019
Dude there's a difference between a govt official and a private guy providing immigration services. Don't randomly confuse the two.

MPs give you generic responses that they can access. Not special secret notes or anything. Just order your GCMS.
Very true

salsyed

Star Member
Feb 5, 2019
Lahore, Pakistan
The information given by the minister is not really vital and such information is available to everyone and has no significance because it is available to everyone and what I understand is applicants are looking for precise information, i.e exact status of the file which is not disclosed by IRCC to anyone including the MP you are referring. Moreover, my point is this is not promised by them so useless to expect it.
I’ve yet to come across a person who’s have had wrong feedback from Mr. Goodale (please correct me if im wrong), and most importantly, it clearly states the progress unlike cic whose feedback remains vague and generic most of the time. so that isn’t an arbitrary information that he’s giving out. And no, that information isn’t available to everyone. Otherwise people would not have been going crazy calling cic, emailing ralph trying to know their application status.

salsyed

Star Member
Feb 5, 2019
Lahore, Pakistan

Doesn’t matter if he’s in govt. because thats not even his jurisdiction to begin with. yet he’s helping random people over email. But the people who are actually registered consultants for immigration are exempted from such expectation. It’s quite in line with their work if you ask me. No one was asking for special secret notes. The applicant was only saying that the consultant didn’t even help getting to know the application status which is quite basic.

jigesh

Star Member
Feb 15, 2017
India
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
30-03-2019
Doesn’t matter if he’s in govt. because thats not even his jurisdiction to begin with. yet he’s helping random people over email. But the people who are actually registered consultants for immigration are exempted from such expectation. It’s quite in line with their work if you ask me. No one was asking for special secret notes. The applicant was only saying that the consultant didn’t even help getting to know the application status which is quite basic.
When you sign a representative form, its already written that its an optional and can’t provide help for speeding up your file. The matter is no one wants to know just eligibility status, security and criminality because that can be known by anyone, they want to know more than that and it can’t be known by anyone. That’s it. If you still wish a lawyer would do that then no one will Entertain and its a fact. If one wants to hire or not, is individual decision. But one can’t expect such service which was never promised even though that is offered by someone for no cost

jigesh

Star Member
Feb 15, 2017
India
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
30-03-2019
I’ve yet to come across a person who’s have had wrong feedback from Mr. Goodale (please correct me if im wrong), and most importantly, it clearly states the progress unlike cic whose feedback remains vague and generic most of the time. so that isn’t an arbitrary information that he’s giving out. And no, that information isn’t available to everyone. Otherwise people would not have been going crazy calling cic, emailing ralph trying to know their application status.
The information given by the mp is wrong was not pointed by anyone so probably you went far away from the core. The information given by the mp is the same which anyone can receive via a phone. That was the point and no one hire a lawyer to just know that info. So its clear that official lawyers and consultant won’t be able to provide precise information since it has not been shared by IRCC to them and not even to the mp. More importantly, this has been mentioned in the contract paper as well so matter to shout on them for it. Now we can discuss that IRCC should share this info with the registered lawyers, however that’s a whole different debate.