Category........
FSW
Passport Req..
January 2020
VISA ISSUED...
January 2020
LANDED..........
February 2020
I am confused that if the deadline start after R10 then why don’t put that as the deadline instead of 6 months from the aor? Any logic for that? The same thing would confirm by the agent over the phone, so does it mean they write something else and follow something else? I can’t find a logical reason of it
Well I can say one thing to you :follow what cic website says .
Profile are usually not updated by the officers on regular basis because of workload.

You can find many people getting PPR at IP2 that is “ we are processing your BGC” and some get updates “ you application in progress” and then changes to “ we are “

So one should never rely on what the profile says.

Best is to order GCMS to know the status of your application in 4 month after the medical .

I have seen people being frustrated with the timelines but the fact is that 6 months starts only after the Medical is passed .

Reactions: jigesh

JamesRodriguez

Mar 8, 2019
Category........
FSW
Passport Req..
January 2020
VISA ISSUED...
January 2020
LANDED..........
February 2020
@JamesRodriguez

oh snap! I honestly didn’t knew about this, I always thought the entire 6 month escapades begins right from the moment you get your AOR. Thanks so much for the input.

Also, I have no access to my application whatsoever, the consultant made a different gmail id under my name to get updates. Once, at the very beginning of my application, I tried linking my application to my personal gmail and all hell broke lose on me, he threatened to “withdraw his services” from my application and will not be responsible if IRCC thinks that linking the application to my account is forgery. Since then I just “begged and borrowed” information from him.
Thats not good at all .Your consultant is right.
You shouldn’t rush .Give some time to them to process.Better request GCmS notes in first or second week of October.Who knows by that time you get “Ready for Visa Mail”

Mailing Ralph or calling cic wont help you much.

dannyboy334

Aug 5, 2018
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
12-03-2019
Thats not good at all .Your consultant is right.
You shouldn’t rush .Give some time to them to process.Better request GCmS notes in first or second week of October.Who knows by that time you get “Ready for Visa Mail”

Mailing Ralph or calling cic wont help you much.
Yup, this happened before I got the biometric request since then, I haven’t really fret about it, period. So, the best thing I gotta is be ultra super patient now lol.

Thanks for your time, cheers mate.

JamesRodriguez

Mar 8, 2019
Category........
FSW
Passport Req..
January 2020
VISA ISSUED...
January 2020
LANDED..........
February 2020
@JamesRodriguez

oh snap! I honestly didn’t knew about this, I always thought the entire 6 month escapades begins right from the moment you get your AOR. Thanks so much for the input.

Also, I have no access to my application whatsoever, the consultant made a different gmail id under my name to get updates. Once, at the very beginning of my application, I tried linking my application to my personal gmail and all hell broke lose on me, he threatened to “withdraw his services” from my application and will not be responsible if IRCC thinks that linking the application to my account is forgery. Since then I just “begged and borrowed” information from him.
He is just a consultant representing your case on behalf of you .If he is ICCRC licensed ,he wont utter a single word before 6 months .
Even if he has your profile credentials ,it is of no use .You wont find anything which could tell you that there is some progress.
Even after knowing that you cant do anything.

Only thing that can help you in get an insight of your application is GCMS notes.
So ask him to order in October Mid.

dannyboy334

Aug 5, 2018
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
12-03-2019
@JamesRodriguez
Yup, that is my plan of action as well. I’m waiting for the ‘7 month’ mark just to be well prepped for my GCMS notes. I guess the compare and contrast nature of GU’s and PPR mails gets to you, and you become utterly pessimistic about your application, which is true.

I appreciate your help bud, thank you

jigesh

Star Member
Feb 15, 2017
India
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
30-03-2019
Well I can say one thing to you :follow what cic website says .
Profile are usually not updated by the officers on regular basis because of workload.

You can find many people getting PPR at IP2 that is “ we are processing your BGC” and some get updates “ you application in progress” and then changes to “ we are “

So one should never rely on what the profile says.

Best is to order GCMS to know the status of your application in 4 month after the medical .

I have seen people being frustrated with the timelines but the fact is that 6 months starts only after the Medical is passed .
When you say follow what cic says, you are saying that we should ignore/not considered what is written in our profile.

So selectively choosing one thing or the other would not make us right, as what written in the link is also matching with what you and many others are saying, on the other hand what explicitly written in the profile is also right, if not then its a misrepresentation from IRCC :) ( the last sentence is just a fun part )

Hania17

Sep 6, 2019
My eligibility is passed and bg check started 4 days ago but no 2nd GU received for it.
For me according to Ralph's reply on the 5th of September , eligibility and security have not been started yet .
How did you know about your eligibility being started ?

jigesh

Star Member
Feb 15, 2017
India
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
30-03-2019
I am confuse between 2 status after BIL. 1) Not started 2) Review required

Now the confusion is the status not started means eligibility not started at all, or its started and analyst found everything is good and sent to the final decision maker to make a decision or its marked as review required with some comments

Jordan_10

Star Member
Jun 19, 2019
Australia
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
App. Filed.......
3rd April 2019
AOR Received.
3rd April 2019
Passport Req..
03-10-2019
VISA ISSUED...
23-10-2019
Has anyone had any luck emailing MP Ralph Goodale’s office? I emailed on Monday but haven’t heard back. I’ve found several email addresses in various forums and I’m wondering if the one I used is correct.
If you email during their work hours you would get a reply within 3-4 hours. Try resending your email during their 9-5 business hours Edmonton time! All the best.

Jordan_10

Star Member
Jun 19, 2019
Australia
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
App. Filed.......
3rd April 2019
AOR Received.
3rd April 2019
Passport Req..
03-10-2019
VISA ISSUED...
23-10-2019
My eligibility is passed and bg check started 4 days ago but no 2nd GU received for it.
Generally 7 days to 1 month. I heard they outsource it/ have a separate security check org (something like that) so it depends on the company that’s working on your background check.

Jordan_10

Star Member
Jun 19, 2019
Australia
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
App. Filed.......
3rd April 2019
AOR Received.
3rd April 2019
Passport Req..
03-10-2019
VISA ISSUED...
23-10-2019
AOR March 12
ADR April 29
Biometrics Completed May 14

I haven’t received any update since then, the overseas consultant that I have hired has been of no use for this application, never knew this immigration business would be so money mongering.

I expect a refusal as I have seen no developments in my case and probably will never, was naive to fly back to my home country despite the fact I had a valid study visa.

This era is an epitome of bureaucratic problems and people trying to make money out of the same.
Don’t lose hope. Delay doesn’t mean rejection. Another thing I’ve found is if you email the Canadian embassy or high commission in your country requesting a status update, they usually let you know what’s happening with your application within 10 days time ( unless you’ve applied from India ) but do it at your own discretion. Look into the embassy’s website to check if they provide any status updates. The embassy in Australia does it but don’t know about the others.

salsyed

Star Member
Feb 5, 2019
Lahore, Pakistan
@jigesh thank you for your reassurance. Yes, I have hired a consultant from Canada and I know the fact they cannot “guarantee” you a visa, my only concern is, if they are a member of some fraternity that is reputed and they constantly flex about it, they can use that power to find out the whereabouts of the application.

I presume IRCC treats them in a different way than the general public
I agree with you. Atleast the consultant should be able to get you the actual progress of your application. Because right now you are as clueless as someone like me who didn’t hire a consultant.
I also spoke to one RCIC, and i only asked him to confirm whether the immigration officer review is the last stop where the applications finally get either a red or a green signal. He gave me a vague reply just like CIC is replying to email these days, of absolutely no help. Not sure what the secrecy is about

salsyed

Star Member
Feb 5, 2019
Lahore, Pakistan
I am confuse between 2 status after BIL. 1) Not started 2) Review required

Now the confusion is the status not started means eligibility not started at all, or its started and analyst found everything is good and sent to the final decision maker to make a decision or its marked as review required with some comments
Why the confusion because these two are definitely different statuses. You get RR when the analyst has made this recommendation to immigration officer with his notes.

jigesh

Star Member
Feb 15, 2017
India
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
30-03-2019
Why the confusion because these two are definitely different statuses. You get RR when the analyst has made this recommendation to immigration officer with his notes.
The confusion is whether your eligibility was ever checked till the date or not for the status not started.