+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March 2018 AOR - join here!

Jul 26, 2017
Its been 15 months for me as well. How are you guys following up with them? I requested for GCMS notes since last month and they have not sent it yet. Don’t know what to do. Calling helpdesk is a waste of time. Is there any other way to reach out to them?

mani@

Feb 17, 2018
Today I am entering the 16th month since my AOR. I completed 15 months Yesterday and no news at all after learning that I have passed everything; and my application is in queue for review. I hope everything goes faster at this stage.

I am posting this so we all can keep each others updated and motivated.

Hang in there.

Good luck to all,
Hey. What i think you are in review for eligibility...final review do not take this much time

UKDreamer

Star Member
Feb 15, 2018
Hey. What i think you are in review for eligibility...final review do not take this much time
@mani@
Maybe, but I checked my notes and it says "Passed"... They had questions about my work experience and funds back in May 2018.. they contacted me back then to explain. I provided two LOEs and I could see from the notes that the officer who passed my eligibility was happy with the my explanation ...

could eligibility be under review again after it has been Passed?

Last edited:
Reactions: djangoboy

Akhs

Star Member
Feb 14, 2018
@mani@
Maybe, but I checked my notes and it says "Passed"... They had questions about my work experience and funds back in May 2018.. they contacted me back then to explain. I provided two LOEs and I could see from the notes that the officer who passed my eligibility was happy with the my explanation ...

Hey I presume it is still under review required. Because if everything else is passed then it should not take this long. Usually security is passed only after you clear your eligibility. I would suggest calling CIC and ask them what exactly is happening in your case. Are you inland applicant?? If so try contacting MP office it might help.

mani@

Feb 17, 2018
@mani@

I dont think so...how about criminality?

UKDreamer

Star Member
Feb 15, 2018
Hey I presume it is still under review required. Because if everything else is passed then it should not take this long. Usually security is passed only after you clear your eligibility. I would suggest calling CIC and ask them what exactly is happening in your case. Are you inland applicant?? If so try contacting MP office it might help.

Hi there, I am outland, and as you said everything is passed and it is taking a lot of time. Last time I contacted CIC the agent said everything is passed and the Due Date/BF (Bring forward) was in March and apparently the officer did not look at it. The agent suggested that she will send a message to the Ottawa office. After she did, they sent me an email few days later saying "file is in queue for review....etc)..... the generic response anyone would get.

Did you get your PPR already? yours is taking long as well, right?

Akhs

Star Member
Feb 14, 2018
Hi there, I am outland, and as you said everything is passed and it is taking a lot of time. Last time I contacted CIC the agent said everything is passed and the Due Date/BF (Bring forward) was in March and apparently the officer did not look at it. The agent suggested that she will send a message to the Ottawa office. After she did, they sent me an email few days later saying "file is in queue for review....etc)..... the generic response anyone would get.

I was in RR for so long. I am CEC inland applicant. Last week got to know I passed eligibility finally !! Criminality passed, security passed they have sent my medical for renewal they are waiting for the renewal to be done. It's been a week. Hopefully some update would come in the upcoming week. Hoping for the best. My MP office have been following up every two weeks. Let's see what happens.

Reactions: BonjourCA

Akhs

Star Member
Feb 14, 2018

Since you mentioned you are Outland. Is it something got to do with your local visa office. Because once CIO Sydney is done with the eligibility they transfer the files to local VO. I heard some local VO they have a very long queue. I have read in couple of posts on this forum. Could that be the reason??

UKDreamer

Star Member
Feb 15, 2018
Since you mentioned you are Outland. Is it something got to do with your local visa office. Because once CIO Sydney is done with the eligibility they transfer the files to local VO. I heard some local VO they have a very long queue. I have read in couple of posts on this forum. Could that be the reason??

Hi there, glad to see your file finally moving. Your case was a strange one, and I was always thinking there is no reason to hold your case for this long unless they have a lot of workload. Please let us know once you hear back from them.

As for my visa office, it is still Ottawa. I remember that an agent told me long time ago that it is up to the officer to send your file to another visa office or process it in Ottawa... it all depend on the workload they have and their plans to distribute it.

All we can do is wait and hope for this best. The stress this process brings can be really damaging to the soul.

Good luck to all.

Akhs

Star Member
Feb 14, 2018
Hi there, glad to see your file finally moving. Your case was a strange one, and I was always thinking there is no reason to hold your case for this long unless they have a lot of workload. Please let us know once you hear back from them.

As for my visa office, it is still Ottawa. I remember that an agent told me long time ago that it is up to the officer to send your file to another visa office or process it in Ottawa... it all depend on the workload they have and their plans to distribute it.

All we can do is wait and hope for this best. The stress this process brings can be really damaging to the soul.

Good luck to all.
Hi,
Exactly it's definitely taken a toll on all of us emotionally . I at this point just pray that all of us get the PR at the earliest. This process is way more stressful than anything else. Living in Canada past three years the kind of things I had to let go because of not having a PR was really depressing. I just hope we all have a happy ending soon. Good luck. I will keep you posted on my updates.

Reactions: Aadien0718

Aadien0718

Star Member
Jul 18, 2018
Hi,
Exactly it's definitely taken a toll on all of us emotionally . I at this point just pray that all of us get the PR at the earliest. This process is way more stressful than anything else. Living in Canada past three years the kind of things I had to let go because of not having a PR was really depressing. I just hope we all have a happy ending soon. Good luck. I will keep you posted on my updates.
Hi @Akhs
I have been living in Canada Since December 2013. It has been 5 years and 6 months now.
It has been 15 months to my PR application unders Express Entry CEC.

Every-time I called CIC after February 2019, all they tell me is Everything is completed and Passed, just waiting to make decision.
I know my medical expired on March 22, 2019. But still they have not requested me to redo my medicals. I do not know if they already extended / not.

I contacted MP and I got the same update from him as well. Even he is not sure why my file is being delayed.
I lost my status in Canada, waiting on extension to be approved. Did lost job due to this.
I have lost lot more in last 6 months and con not do anything on this.
Lost my grandfather and could not even Go home to perform rituals. My mother is in I.C.U since April 2019, and I am still stuck.

It is lot more depressing and frustrating now to wait.
I hope that I don't give up soon.

Lets see what this weeks bring me.
All the very best to you as well..!!!

UKDreamer

Star Member
Feb 15, 2018
Hi @Akhs
I have been living in Canada Since December 2013. It has been 5 years and 6 months now.

Every-time I called CIC after February 2019, all they tell me is Everything is completed and Passed, just waiting to make decision.
I know my medical expired on March 22, 2019. But still they have not requested me to redo my medicals. I do not know if they already extended / not.

I contacted MP and I got the same update from him as well. Even he is not sure why my file is being delayed.
I lost my status in Canada, waiting on extension to be approved. Did lost job due to this.
Lost my grandfather and could not even Go home to perform rituals. My mother is in I.C.U since April 2019, and I am still stuck.

My deepest sympathies. If we are both in the same queue I would definitely give you my turn with no hesitation. I will pray for you... best of luck,

Reactions: EE12345

sambid

Aug 13, 2018
Toronto
Category........
CEC
I was in RR for so long. I am CEC inland applicant. Last week got to know I passed eligibility finally !! Criminality passed, security passed they have sent my medical for renewal they are waiting for the renewal to be done. It's been a week. Hopefully some update would come in the upcoming week. Hoping for the best. My MP office have been following up every two weeks. Let's see what happens.
My RR was similar to yours. It gives hope to me as well

sambid

Aug 13, 2018
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Hi @Akhs

I hope you get your PR faster ...donot give up at the end moment ..hope your mother gets well soon.