+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March 2018 AOR - join here!

llylulu

Mar 20, 2019
Today my medical went from passed to you don't need a medical exam ( medical expired april 24th 2019) Also the application profile status from MyCIC went from submitted to profile updated and back to submitted. Any thoughts?

thanks

This is exactly what happened to me yesterday. My medical expired on April 19. I guess they had a system change? Noticed how their page looks different (icons etc.)

Reactions: shoaibalik

llylulu

Mar 20, 2019
Did they send you a re-medical request?

If I am not mistaken, this means the update is about your medical expiry. If they extend it, it will go back to: You passed medical exam...

Good luck
If I remember it right, you has everything passed since a while ago but no updates. Has your file been approved now?

Asking because they told me on Thursday that everything on my file has been passed and my file will be transferred to another Visa office....

shoaibalik

Jun 3, 2017
If I remember it right, you has everything passed since a while ago but no updates. Has your file been approved now?

Asking because they told me on Thursday that everything on my file has been passed and my file will be transferred to another Visa office....
Can I please know how did you contacted them to know that everything was passed, I have not been very successful to speak to them over the phone.

llylulu

Mar 20, 2019
Can I please know how did you contacted them to know that everything was passed, I have not been very successful to speak to them over the phone.
I spoke to an agent over the phone. I always try to call at least every two weeks to follow up. If you cannot connect, just try to call again at a different time.

UKDreamer

Star Member
Feb 15, 2018

Hi there,

Great to hear that you passed everything. To answer your question, I was told I passed everything back in January (End of January). Later in Feb. My meds were extended for one more year. I have not gotten any update since then.

The last time I contacted them was few weeks ago, and they said my file is in queue for review by an officer. My office is Ottawa and my stearm is FSW-Outland. AOR is 13 March, 2018.

I really hope your file gets a better luck than mine,

best wishes.

Reactions: Aadien0718

whiterabbit

Apr 4, 2019
I spoke to an agent over the phone. I always try to call at least every two weeks to follow up. If you cannot connect, just try to call again at a different time.
If it's not a secret, what do you usually ask? "Is there something new"? I called twice and definitely want to call again as I finished 7 months. However, I have no idea what else I can ask during the call - first time I knew that my eligibility and security had been passed, second time I got to know that my security was still in progress.

Aadien0718

Star Member
Jul 18, 2018
Hi there,

Great to hear that you passed everything. To answer your question, I was told I passed everything back in January (End of January). Later in Feb. My meds were extended for one more year. I have not gotten any update since then.

The last time I contacted them was few weeks ago, and they said my file is in queue for review by an officer. My office is Ottawa and my stearm is FSW-Outland. AOR is 13 March, 2018.

I really hope your file gets a better luck than mine,

best wishes.
@UKDreamer

I am on the same boat as you.
AOR: March 25, 2018.
MEP: March 28, 2018.

After that no update until August 20, 2018 when my Criminality passed. Security was pending. (I called CIC to get this update)

Ordered GCMS notes: September 26, 2018. Got it December 05, 2018.
which stated as below
1) Medical Passed
2) Eligibility Review
3) Criminality Passed
4) Security Passed
5) Background passed
Dependent file cleared everything has Passed since August 26, 2018.

In January they requested medical to be extended. (Medical was expiring March 22, 2019)
February Eligibility passed.
Since then the file is in Queue for Review by an Officer.

Called Last week, Everything is Completed and Passed.In Queue for Officer to make decision.
It has been long journey of 14.5 months for me now. Its an inside Canada application.

I don't know what to do now or what to expect now. It is very frustrating now.

UKDreamer

Star Member
Feb 15, 2018
@UKDreamer

After that no update until August 20, 2018 when my Criminality passed. Security was pending. (I called CIC to get this update)

which stated as below
1) Medical Passed
2) Eligibility Review
3) Criminality Passed
4) Security Passed
5) Background passed

In January they requested medical to be extended. (Medical was expiring March 22, 2019)

Called Last week, Everything is Completed and Passed.In Queue for Officer to make decision.
It has been long journey of 14.5 months for me now. Its an inside Canada application.

I know how it feels, and I am also frustrated but there is nothing we can do I guess but wait. This delay is costing me and my family a lot at different levels, and it really feels bad, but I have faith that things will be better and this is for the best.

Hang in there, and you will get good news eventually.

Good luck, and thanks for sharing your timeline and story.

Aadien0718

Star Member
Jul 18, 2018
I know how it feels, and I am also frustrated but there is nothing we can do I guess but wait. This delay is costing me and my family a lot at different levels, and it really feels bad, but I have faith that things will be better and this is for the best.

Hang in there, and you will get good news eventually.

Good luck, and thanks for sharing your timeline and story.
@UKDreamer
I kw how it would have been for you as well. Hope you will also get some good news soon. I lost my job, My grandfather (But could not visit him whn he asked to see him, due to status expiration)
Now my Mom is in Intensive care unit still I can not visit her. If I exit Canada I can not come back.

I am very much stuck as you are...!!
Hope to here some good news soon.!! Good Luck to you as well..!!

Flintface

Oct 15, 2018
Hello,

i learnt from Ralph Goodale's office that my medicals were extended after expiring in March 2019. I am in review required for work experience. Last week, someone from IRCC looked me up on Linkedin. Just giving you guys an update as I know how other people's stories here have encouraged and uplifted me.

AOR March 14 2018. Criminalty passed Aug 2018.

llylulu

Mar 20, 2019
If it's not a secret, what do you usually ask? "Is there something new"? I called twice and definitely want to call again as I finished 7 months. However, I have no idea what else I can ask during the call - first time I knew that my eligibility and security had been passed, second time I got to know that my security was still in progress.
I usually ask if there is any updates on my file. Has my Medical been extended? Has my eligibility passed? Has my security passed etc.... The more detailed your question is the better they can help you.

Reactions: whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Apr 4, 2019
I usually ask if there is any updates on my file. Has my Medical been extended? Has my eligibility passed? Has my security passed etc.... The more detailed your question is the better they can help you.
Thanks. Currently I can't imagine any other questions than "is my security still in progress" and "is there any due date mentioned" :(

UKDreamer

Star Member
Feb 15, 2018
Today I am entering the 16th month since my AOR. I completed 15 months Yesterday and no news at all after learning that I have passed everything; and my application is in queue for review. I hope everything goes faster at this stage.

I am posting this so we all can keep each others updated and motivated.

Hang in there.

Good luck to all,

Reactions: djangoboy

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
@UKDreamer

which stated as below
1) Medical Passed
2) Eligibility Review
3) Criminality Passed
4) Security Passed
5) Background passed

How long was your file in queue for review?

Even I was informed my file is in queue for review :(