+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March 2018 AOR - join here!

UKDreamer

Star Member
Feb 15, 2018
Hi there,

I am just posting this for future applicants to share my experiences...etc

My case is in Ottawa, and I have already passed 1 full year (AOR March 1,, 2018)... I was told in January that I passed security and everything else... contacted cpc Ottawa last week via email and I thought they will not respond like every time when they ignored previous emails; but this time they responded with this generic email:

Your file is currently under review and requires additional verifications. As a result, the assessment period will be outside of our posted processing times.

Unfortunately at this time we are not able to determine when your application will be finalized, but our office will contact you as soon as all verifications are completed, or if any additional information or documents are required.

We appreciate your patience and ask that you keep correspondence with our office to a minimum.

Regards,
I got this email almost 7 months earlier when I first contacted them.

I have already lost hope on this frustrating process.

i wish everyone all the luck.

Arturo81

Nov 20, 2018
Hi there,

I am just posting this for future applicants to share my experiences...etc

My case is in Ottawa, and I have already passed 1 full year (AOR March 1,, 2018)... I was told in January that I passed security and everything else... contacted cpc Ottawa last week via email and I thought they will not respond like every time when they ignored previous emails; but this time they responded with this generic email:

Your file is currently under review and requires additional verifications. As a result, the assessment period will be outside of our posted processing times.

Unfortunately at this time we are not able to determine when your application will be finalized, but our office will contact you as soon as all verifications are completed, or if any additional information or documents are required.

We appreciate your patience and ask that you keep correspondence with our office to a minimum.

Regards,
I got this email almost 7 months earlier when I first contacted them.

I have already lost hope on this frustrating process.

i wish everyone all the luck.
The immigration system is broken, the processing times are not 6 months as they say. I applied since December 28th 2017 and they rejected my application for an "unclear passport". I know many cases that they request any document they consider is not clear. In my case, I had to request to the Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) to get the points back (waited 3 months to get the points back) and applied again on March 30th 2018. After, almost a year nothing, I requested a month a half GMC notes and they haven't delivered. I am not willing to ask again other GMC notes or spend the day until I get an officer on the line to say that I have to wait more time. This experience has taken my patience to the sky, but I am sure that one day during this year we will get it. Hopefully very soon, just forget about this, it is so tiring to be thinking about it during long time.

Reactions: UKDreamer

Echattea

Star Member
Jul 18, 2018
AOR March 7 2018// Skilled workers///
1 year anniversary and still now update....
No medicals
No fingerprints
Nothing are all...

llylulu

Mar 20, 2019
AOR Mar 26 2018
Most of my friends with the similar background got theirs within 4 months.
I requested my first GCMS notes in Nov and I found out I forgot to upload my official transcript and diploma (I was too confident in my case and was so careless...), therefore my Canadian education points got deducted because the VO was not satisfied with the documents. (my fault for not providing it but I don't understand why they never asked me for them instead of deducting my points right away)
I immediately uploaded my documents and called an agent to confirm that they have been inserted to my file.
No updates ever since.
My criminality passed in Aug and security not even started.
My application is in Sydney NS.

My work permit will expire in June and I have been working FT over two years in Toronto. I try not to think about this every day but it's hard especially when all your friends already got theirs long while ago... I still have hope but I am really frustrated and disappointed at this point.

BP239

Jun 7, 2018
Most certainly. You can wait to see what happens or call them and ask what was it about.
My medical exams have been extended .It's now showing in my online profile "you have passed your medicals"

They expired in December.. hopefully this is a good sign

w2binCa

Star Member
Oct 15, 2018
AOR Mar 26 2018
Most of my friends with the similar background got theirs within 4 months.
I requested my first GCMS notes in Nov and I found out I forgot to upload my official transcript and diploma (I was too confident in my case and was so careless...), therefore my Canadian education points got deducted because the VO was not satisfied with the documents. (my fault for not providing it but I don't understand why they never asked me for them instead of deducting my points right away)
I immediately uploaded my documents and called an agent to confirm that they have been inserted to my file.
No updates ever since.
My criminality passed in Aug and security not even started.
My application is in Sydney NS.

My work permit will expire in June and I have been working FT over two years in Toronto. I try not to think about this every day but it's hard especially when all your friends already got theirs long while ago... I still have hope but I am really frustrated and disappointed at this point.
You have not been rejected and you corrected the mistake by sending transcripts and diploma. You will be fine.
Have you applied for BOWP? You are in good time for applying just to play safe and not loose your work permit.

llylulu

Mar 20, 2019
You have not been rejected and you corrected the mistake by sending transcripts and diploma. You will be fine.
Have you applied for BOWP? You are in good time for applying just to play safe and not loose your work permit.
No I haven't. I called an agent the other day and he told me as long as I apply before the last day of my work permit I will be fine. I'm thinking If I still don't get my PR by end of April and I will apply in May.

krishn22

Star Member
May 17, 2017
No I haven't. I called an agent the other day and he told me as long as I apply before the last day of my work permit I will be fine. I'm thinking If I still don't get my PR by end of April and I will apply in May.
That would be fine to stay in the country I guess, but your employer might not be fine to continue employment without a work permit. So clarify things with your HR and apply accordingly.

Last edited:

Gabs911

Sep 16, 2018
Hi guys! A quick response will be appreciated.
AOR march 28th 2018
So, the company I work for doesnt have an online presence as it is more of contacts communication and referrals. Also, my salary account only shows " end of month salary and doesnt carry the companies name in it narration. We got a letter from IRCC on Thursday " stating that they didnt see a history of salary being paid to me by the company I claim to work for, that they are not convinced I work there. I have been given 15 days to provide an affidavit of explanation and other documents or they will tag it misrepresentation. Pls What do I do?

Ro1985ko

Star Member
Mar 12, 2017
AOR march 28th 2018
So, the company I work for doesnt have an online presence as it is more of contacts communication and referrals. Also, my salary account only shows " end of month salary and doesnt carry the companies name in it narration. We got a letter from IRCC on Thursday " stating that they didnt see a history of salary being paid to me by the company I claim to work for, that they are not convinced I work there. I have been given 15 days to provide an affidavit of explanation and other documents or they will tag it misrepresentation. Pls What do I do?
T4, notice of assessment, bank statements.

w2binCa

Star Member
Oct 15, 2018
AOR march 28th 2018
Can you ask your company to provide a Letter of Employment which includes your tenure, position, roles and responsibilities, annual or monthly salary, etc? The salary information plus other benefits must be included in the LOE!