+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March 2018 AOR - join here!

w2binCa

Star Member
Oct 15, 2018
Almost a year since I submitted my application AOR March 19th 2018.

Going through a very rough time with this, My passport and work permit are both about to expire (May). My country of origin is going through severe crisis and sending passports extensions or renewals is not on the priority list for the government. (Waiting since December).

Still no movement on my PR application, I've been calling pretty much every 15 days to check on my application, 2 reminders (December 28th and Feb 11th) have been sent to the Sydney office to get the application reviewed with no results so far.

Very frustrating, I am completely settled down in Canada, working, paying taxes doing everything right since the beginning. Hopefully, I get some news soon.
Hi! Did you get your PPR already? Hope so!

UKDreamer

Star Member
Feb 15, 2018
Today is my application's 1 year anniversary and still now update as well. I hope all the waiting people in this thread get some news soon.

God bless...

Reactions: Aadien0718

Aadien0718

Star Member
Jul 18, 2018
Today is my application's 1 year anniversary and still now update as well. I hope all the waiting people in this thread get some news soon.

God bless...
I am closing in on my 1 year anniversary in 10 days, still no update. Hoping to hear soon. They say it is in the final processing stage at Ottawa. I am wondering how much more it would take. Hoping to here some good news.

Reactions: UKDreamer

Arturo81

Nov 20, 2018
I am closing in on my 1 year anniversary in 10 days, still no update. Hoping to hear soon. They say it is in the final processing stage at Ottawa. I am wondering how much more it would take. Hoping to here some good news.
Check your GCM notes, there is a section for deadline for them. In my case, my AOR is March 30th and the GCM notes indicated April 10th as deadline to finish the process. I am also waiting for the process to be done.

Aadien0718

Star Member
Jul 18, 2018
Check your GCM notes, there is a section for deadline for them. In my case, my AOR is March 30th and the GCM notes indicated April 10th as deadline to finish the process. I am also waiting for the process to be done.
It said January 19. And I am way passed that too.

UKDreamer

Star Member
Feb 15, 2018
I did not know that... where do I find it please, I have my notes from Nov. what is the title of that sub section.

I really appreciate your help.
Thanks

Arturo81

Nov 20, 2018
I did not know that... where do I find it please, I have my notes from Nov. what is the title of that sub section.

I really appreciate your help.
Thanks
There is a Due Date for several sections with status passed such as Criminality, Medical. However, I just read that they don't seem to be fulfilled by CIC and they can change at any time based on this link: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/due-date-on-gcms-notes.411827/

Cheers

UKDreamer

Star Member
Feb 15, 2018
There is a Due Date for several sections with status passed such as Criminality, Medical. However, I just read that they don't seem to be fulfilled by CIC and they can change at any time based on this link: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/due-date-on-gcms-notes.411827/

Cheers
Oh thanks... I checked and the most recent due date on mine was in Nov last year.. However, I know my security was passed in January, and after that they also extended the medicals in early February. So, I am guessing everything is complete, but I don't know what's the delay.

last time I talked to an agent I was told that it all depends on the workload they have, and there is no exact date to when I expect to hear from them. So basically all we have to do is to pray that things move faster.

In brief, the Due Date is not a metric we can use.

I hope this helps.

Thanks

BP239

Jun 7, 2018
My application status online today says application/profile updated but I see no change in the wording of anything on my online application. Ghost update?

Thay

Nov 14, 2016
My application status online today says application/profile updated but I see no change in the wording of anything on my online application. Ghost update?
Most certainly. You can wait to see what happens or call them and ask what was it about.