+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March 2018 AOR - join here!

fareed3621

May 18, 2018
My profile got updated on 2 Aug18 to "we are processing your background check" and on 4 Aug it showed profile updated again but there was no change when I saw the complete application status, I mean it still say we are processing your background check. Is this what called ghost update? At what stage I'm exactly in, IP1 or IP2...? Please through some light on......
you are in IP2

Jasmine22

Apr 4, 2018
Hi all,

Aor-march 30
IP1- 10th april
Ip2- 23rd july.

Recently received the status as updated on the CIC account that was checked by my husband. But there was no change. Now when i login into the CIC a/c it shows submitted instead of updated?? Was the earlier update the ghost update?? And does the ghost update goes to submitted once you have clicked on it!! Can someone please confirm. Thanks

Chris78

Star Member
Apr 9, 2018
GCMS notes will not move your file. its just a myth.
It is really just a Myth. I have applied for GCMS note twice (16th May and 29th June), but my application is still on Eligibility recommended Pass on both notes (recommendation made on April 16th). the notes did not push the Officer to review nor pushed my application forward.

Reactions: Robion

navinball

VIP Member
Feb 26, 2018
It is really just a Myth. I have applied for GCMS note twice (16th May and 29th June), but my application is still on Eligibility recommended Pass on both notes (recommendation made on April 16th). the notes did not push the Officer to review nor pushed my application forward.
Yeah it's a tactic used by some 3rd party gcms websites to get more people to order notes. While they provide valuable information it's unethical to propagate blatant lies.

krishn22

Star Member
May 17, 2017
Hi all,

Aor-march 30
IP1- 10th april
Ip2- 23rd july.

Recently received the status as updated on the CIC account that was checked by my husband. But there was no change. Now when i login into the CIC a/c it shows submitted instead of updated?? Was the earlier update the ghost update?? And does the ghost update goes to submitted once you have clicked on it!! Can someone please confirm. Thanks
Yes it changes from updated to submitted once you open it!

fareed3621

May 18, 2018
Hi all,

Aor-march 30
IP1- 10th april
Ip2- 23rd july.

yes its called ghost update/email it show only onces then again it goes back to submitted

Reactions: Jasmine22

hope2018

Champion Member
Mar 14, 2018
Hi ,

AOR March 7 th,
Background check yet to start .
Anyone getting the same message ?
When can I expect the PPR ?
Call agent and ask specific questions about eligibility and background, OR order GCMS notes to know better, don't rely on portal steps.