+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March 2014 applications

raymasa

Star Member
Apr 12, 2014
batmann said:
Hi EdmontonM,

I never saw the first box that says your application has been received. The first time I logged in to check online, it only said In-Process.

Is this a problem?

Thank you!
I had the same issue when I first logged in. When I called CIC, they confirmed that the application has been received, but they haven't open the application package yet, so it wont say received until then. It took a month and a half before I saw the received line

Ray

batmann

Star Member
Jul 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
raymasa said:
I had the same issue when I first logged in. When I called CIC, they confirmed that the application has been received, but they haven't open the application package yet, so it wont say received until then. It took a month and a half before I saw the received line

Ray
Thank you very much Ray!

sat981

May 2, 2014
parasv said:
Ecas updated this morning!
Test scheduled on July 29.
;D congrats... hope mine isn't far behind.
BTW.. did you send employment docs/proof in your application? I didn't wondering if it will affect my appl'n. :(

parasv

Star Member
Apr 17, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sat981 said:
;D congrats... hope mine isn't far behind.
BTW.. did you send employment docs/proof in your application? I didn't wondering if it will affect my appl'n. :(
Thanks, I didn't either. I am prepared to take all my employment documents with me for the test.

Did you call CIC to check the status?

polarbear

Sep 17, 2012
parasv said:
Ecas updated this morning!
Test scheduled on July 29.
Hello Parasv:

I think you are the first March guy to get test date I believe.

When did your Recived line disappear?
What is your local office ?
Are you Single applicant or Family applicant?
:-X

parasv

Star Member
Apr 17, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
applicantTO said:
Did you get a written notice in the mail first or if it was updated in ECAS first?
It was updated first in ecas. Haven't received the physical mail yet.
As per ecas update, it was mailed on July 11th.

parasv

Star Member
Apr 17, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
polarbear said:
Hello Parasv:

I think you are the first March guy to get test date I believe.

When did your Recived line disappear?
What is your local office ?
Are you Single applicant or Family applicant?
May be from Mississauga, but I see some other applicants received their test date in other local offices.
My time line is in spreadsheet.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aqi6FPDNYK_xdGplaHhxWFhVQkxFTjB5LUZ2anU2clE&usp=drive_web#gid=0

sat981

May 2, 2014
parasv said:
Thanks, I didn't either. I am prepared to take all my employment documents with me for the test.

Did you call CIC to check the status?
Thats a breather, thanks.

Didnt call CIC for a while, only called once 2 weeks go or so ago and they told my file is transferred on June 18th to locl office and in transit likely, didnt see any status change in online though.

polarbear

Sep 17, 2012
Hello Folks,

Just called CIC and I was informed that my Background checks have been completed on July 14th, Monday.

My received line disappeared on Sunday,

Guys:

When can I expect my file to transfer to local office?

When can I expect my Test Date ?

u4g5

Champion Member
Oct 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
polarbear said:
Hello Folks,

Just called CIC and I was informed that my Background checks have been completed on July 14th, Monday.

Guys:

b4 2014 ends
:D

parasv

Star Member
Apr 17, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
polarbear said:
Hello Folks,

Guys:

Depends on the local office. Which one is yours? I couldn't find in the spreadsheet.

Following steps will give you an idea.

There will be a waiting time between background check complete and actually mail the file to local office - add around 10 days for that.
Actual mail transfer time - depending on your local office location add 1 week to 4 weeks. Mine is Mississauga and it took 3.5 weeks.

Local office processing - No idea how long it takes. Mine took only 2 days in Mississauga. July 9th received the file and July 11 mail sent for the citizenship test.

Hope this helps!