Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Citizenship' started by neo2379, Mar 1, 2014.
Hi Ushaffi, when was a Decision Made on your account?
Application received March 2014
Started processing May 2014
Filled out and sent RQ in Aug 2014
No further news after this... Call center doesn't say much (Surprise).
AM I ALONE :'( :'(
Nope!!! See my timeline...
I guess I am the only March 2014 applicant left in the world right now :-\ !. I did have my test in september, passed but havent heard anything:
1) 2014 March+April: applied for PR Renewal (URGENT) and Citizenship
2) August 1X: Received RQ for PR Renewal, sent it in 7 days
3) September 2nd week: Received another RQ for Citizenship, completed in 7 days.
3) Oct 1, received a letter dated september 1X: Renewal approved by local office, application forwarded to Sydney for issuance of card.
4) 2014 Nov: received new PR card
... 2 years pass.
5) 2016 August contacted MP office and asked them for help.
5) September: Invited to Citizenship Test, 20/20 score, first one to finish. (not that they'd care)
6) November: Contact MP office again. they asked CIC what's up: They need more verification. No timeline in sight.
Since I have already completed 2 RQs, what kind of other verification can they ask for? As you can see it's been more than 30 months. What should I expect?
Are they just stalling me on purpose? Trying to see if I will keep up my PR requirements, because I travelled often for work?
I hear people receiving decisions in under 6 months... My timeline is really upsetting!
Status on webpage:
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on March XX, 2014.
We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on March XX, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
We started processing your application on May 1X, 2014.
(Nothing on test or oath)
did you try to figure out... what is abnormal/ non routine in your scenario..
can you share why your case took that much time...
any criminal record, too many foreign trips..your employment or residency requirements... your addresses verification..etc etc etc..
Still you are lucky after RQ you have received PR Card total in 7 or 8 months only means you was not trapped as many other applicants.
At least you was free to travel out of country upon your schedule and wishes. For me PR renewal took 17 months
For citizenship my wife application took 48 months for oath.
So once application gone to non routine no one knows how much time CIC will take. Because they will not open the file for years.
Few peoples from September 2016 test are still waiting for oath i am also one of them.
CanadaVisa.com | 1303 Greene Ave., Suite 200 | Westmount, Montreal, QC, Canada | H3Z 2A7
© Copyright 2018 CanadaVisa.com. All Rights Reserved