+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March 2014 applications

carbo

May 29, 2014
Hello everyone,
New at this section of the forum. Wanted to know what you guys think I can expect in terms in timing! I applied for PR card renewal and citizenship at the same time.
personal timeline:
1) March+April: applied for PR Renewal (URGENT) and Citizenship
2) August 1X: Received RQ for PR Renewal, sent it in 7 days
3) September 2nd week: Received another RQ for Citizenship, completed in 7 days.
3) Oct 1, received a letter dated september 1X: Renewal approved by local office, application forwarded to Sydney for issuance of card.
4) Nov: received new PR card!!

Status on webpage:
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on March XX, 2014.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on March XX, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on May 1X, 2014.

since I received an RQ in Sept.. What can I expect? :( I live in Ontario.
THANK YOU

coolifrs

Star Member
Sep 5, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
carbo said:
Hello everyone,
New at this section of the forum. Wanted to know what you guys think I can expect in terms in timing! I applied for PR card renewal and citizenship at the same time.
personal timeline:
1) March+April: applied for PR Renewal (URGENT) and Citizenship
2) August 1X: Received RQ for PR Renewal, sent it in 7 days
3) September 2nd week: Received another RQ for Citizenship, completed in 7 days.
3) Oct 1, received a letter dated september 1X: Renewal approved by local office, application forwarded to Sydney for issuance of card.
4) Nov: received new PR card!!

Status on webpage:
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on March XX, 2014.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on March XX, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on May 1X, 2014.

since I received an RQ in Sept.. What can I expect? :( I live in Ontario.
THANK YOU
I would suggest to call in and ask directly if your application has been sent to a local office yet.

fxtoro

Aug 14, 2014
coolifrs said:
I would suggest to call in and ask directly if your application has been sent to a local office yet.
Hello fellow applicants

New chapter has begun. I passed my test today 18/20 questions and got my oath invitation letter for next Friday. I want to once again thank everyone who has provided me awesome advice and words of encouragement when I needed questions answered.

Thanks and good luck to other fellow applicants.

Application received at Sydney - March 5, 2014
Application in Process - April 22, 2014
Received Line disappeared - July 25, 2014
File transferred to Local Office (Scarborough) - August 15, 2014
Letter of test Date - October 24, 2014
Test - November 12, 2014
Oath Date - November 21, 2014

Total Days to process citizenship application: 259 days (7 months 21 days)

Eazeetrade

Mar 14, 2014
@FXTORO
Congratulations

I appeared for the test at Scarborough on Nov 12 and I am scheduled to take the oath on Nov 21 as well.

Best wishes to all waiting

Regards

anshen

Jun 12, 2011
I appeared for the test at Scarborough on Nov 13 and I am scheduled to take the oath on Nov 24 as well.

Best wishes to all waiting

Regards

LApollo

Mar 18, 2014
Must be nice to be in a place where you get the oath invitation within weeks! I just took the test last yesterday, passed and they told me that we should expect to hear back 2-5 months.

:eek:

At least its closer? ;D

Anyway wooo for passing!

OTTAWA2013

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
LANDED PR 2009
LApollo said:
Must be nice to be in a place where you get the oath invitation within weeks! I just took the test last yesterday, passed and they told me that we should expect to hear back 2-5 months.

:eek:

At least its closer? ;D

Anyway wooo for passing!
Congratulations and hope you receive the oath letter soon

Good luck!

LApollo

Mar 18, 2014
Thank you! How much time do you think it will take? ~2 months ? it seems they are backlogged for Ottawa eh?

TRM2011

Star Member
Aug 7, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
18-09-2012
File Transfer...
10-10-2012
Med's Done....
04-08-2012
Passport Req..
19-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
04-02-2013
Hello people...

So, finally I got my test invitation letter. My application was received by CIC on March 6, 2014 and started processing on April 23, 2014. My application is in the Mississauga CIC office. Test date is for January 30, 2015. I guess this is pretty standard timeline for Mississauga although I have seen some applicants (Mississauga) on this forum who have applied after me and are already citizens.

Anyone else from Mississauga here?

raymasa

Star Member
Apr 12, 2014
TRM2011 said:
Hello people...

So, finally I got my test invitation letter. My application was received by CIC on March 6, 2014 and started processing on April 23, 2014. My application is in the Mississauga CIC office. Test date is for January 30, 2015. I guess this is pretty standard timeline for Mississauga although I have seen some applicants (Mississauga) on this forum who have applied after me and are already citizens.

Congratulations. I am in Vancouver, application received on March 12th, still waiting for test date. Same here, several people who applied after me in Vancouver already have their oath done and seems like almost all have at least gotten their test. Hope to get my test date soon

Best wishes with the test

Ray

Toronto2014

May 28, 2014
TRM2011 said:
Hello people...

Finally I got the Oath letter today for 21th January. The test was on october 03th at Mississauga's office., but I have 2 stamps missing in the passeport. The officer needed to check the CBSA reccord.

Goldline

Mar 16, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Toronto2014 said:
Finally I got the Oath letter today for 21th January. The test was on october 03th at Mississauga's office., but I have 2 stamps missing in the passeport. The officer needed to check the CBSA reccord.
Hey Toronto2014,
Me too I have Oath on Jan 21st in Mississauga. What time is yours?

Pel

Jan 31, 2014
Received a test invitation today for Feb.04 :eek:
My timeline:
Application rcvd - March 2014
Process started - April 2014
LOT (Vancouver) - July 2014
Test date - Feb.04/2015
Oath...

raymasa

Star Member
Apr 12, 2014
Pel said:
Received a test invitation today for Feb.04 :eek:
My timeline:
Application rcvd - March 2014
Process started - April 2014
LOT (Vancouver) - July 2014
Test date - Feb.04/2015
Oath...
Got mine today as well for Feb 18. Possibly the last two from March who were still waiting for test invite...:)

Ray