19-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
04-02-2013
Hi Guys...

Here is my timeline:

Application received by CIC - March 6, 2014
Started Processing - April 23, 2014
Transferred to Local office (Mississauga) - August 2014
Test date - January 30, 2015 (letter dated January 6, 2015)
Oath date - February 6, 2015

When I wrote my test in Mississauga, there were people who had applied in August 2014 who wrote the test with me. After the test, almost all of the people who wrote the test got an oath letter for the same ceremony. It was quite dramatic as to how the CIC staff revealed this news to us. The test was super easy and the CIC staff are quite nice.

For the interview, I was asked about my travel (I have quite a bit of travel due to work and family), about my general background, about my family, about all the places I have lived in my life. Since I have a lot of travel, the interviewer had to spend some time to match all the stamps to all the absences as per my application form. I had sent in some extra paperwork due to the absences and tried to make it as clear as possible in my application.

Good luck people!

batmann

Star Member
Jul 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
TRM2011 said:
Hi Guys...

Here is my timeline:

Application received by CIC - March 6, 2014
Started Processing - April 23, 2014
Transferred to Local office (Mississauga) - August 2014
Test date - January 30, 2015 (letter dated January 6, 2015)
Oath date - February 6, 2015

When I wrote my test in Mississauga, there were people who had applied in August 2014 who wrote the test with me. After the test, almost all of the people who wrote the test got an oath letter for the same ceremony. It was quite dramatic as to how the CIC staff revealed this news to us. The test was super easy and the CIC staff are quite nice.

For the interview, I was asked about my travel (I have quite a bit of travel due to work and family), about my general background, about my family, about all the places I have lived in my life. Since I have a lot of travel, the interviewer had to spend some time to match all the stamps to all the absences as per my application form. I had sent in some extra paperwork due to the absences and tried to make it as clear as possible in my application.

Good luck people!
Congrats TRM! Thanks for sharing. We have the similar receiving date. I'm still waiting for the test invitation.

carbo

May 29, 2014
coolifrs said:
Quote from: carbo on November 10, 2014, 08:49:31 pm

personal timeline:
1) March+April: applied for PR Renewal (URGENT) and Citizenship
2) August 1X: Received RQ for PR Renewal, sent it in 7 days
3) September 2nd week: Received another RQ for Citizenship, completed in 7 days.
3) received a letter dated september 1X: Renewal approved by local office, application forwarded to Sydney for issuance of card.
4) Nov: received new PR card!!

Status on webpage:
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on March XX, 2014.
We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on March XX, 2014.
We started processing your application on May 1X, 2014.

since I received an RQ in Sept.. What can I expect?
THANK YOU
-------
I would suggest to call in and ask directly if your application has been sent to a local office yet.
Hi, just called, the local office in Missisauga has received my application(or filled-out RQ) in October.. Am I in for a long wait? Will the new rules or anything positively affect my application?- I hope so.

There is a contract job opportunity overseas - a project, that I want to take advantage of in the meantime. As long as I keep my residence obligations in check until test date, would this negatively impact my application? I am asking because of the new "intent to live" rule

THANK YOU

Kentimusprime

Jul 5, 2014
Single, EDMONTON
Mid March 2014: Applied
Late May 2014: In Process
Mid July 2014: AOR
Early May 2015: Test
Late June 2015: Oath Ceremony ;D :D :) 8) :p

carbo

May 29, 2014
Congrats!!!!
I am still waiting :( :(

Status on webpage:
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on March XX, 2014.
We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on March XX, 2014.
We started processing your application on May X, 2014.
Sept 2014 RQ - filled and sent

waitin_vain

Star Member
Apr 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
VEGREVILLE, ALBERTA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-09-2010
Doc's Request.
06-04-2011
AOR Received.
17-11-2010
Med's Request
06-04-2011
Med's Done....
11-05-2011
LANDED..........
18-10-2011
Finally, in a couple of days I can register to list of electors. One of the last ones left on March 2014 applications;
Office : Edmonton test conducted by BC Itinerant

Application: March 2014

In Process: April, 2014

Test letter: Aug 2015

Test date: Sept 21, 2015 (passed test and interview)

Thanks,

waitin_vain.

Oath Letter: Sept 24, 2015

ushaffi

Mar 15, 2014
I am looking for some guidance.

My eCas status recently got updated to "Decision Made" but I am yet to receive any detail from the call center or in the mail. I am not 100% when the status changed but it could not have been too long ago since I check every few weeks. My timeline reads as follows:

1.We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on March XX, 2014.
2.We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on March XX, 2014.
3.We started processing your application on May XX, 2014.
4.We sent you a notice on July XX, 2014 to appear and write the citizenship test on August XX, 2014 at XX:XX PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

Is this typical? I am waiting to hear on an oath ceremony date and it doesn't mention it on the website.

Thank you in advance.

samreentariq

Jan 8, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-08-2011
Doc's Request.
-
Nomination.....
05-12-2011
AOR Received.
12-02-2012
IELTS Request
-
File Transfer...
28-05-2012
Med's Request
06-08-2012
Med's Done....
17-08-2012
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
15-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
-
LANDED..........
07-10-2012
ushaffi said:
I am looking for some guidance.

My eCas status recently got updated to "Decision Made" but I am yet to receive any detail from the call center or in the mail. I am not 100% when the status changed but it could not have been too long ago since I check every few weeks. My timeline reads as follows:

1.We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on March XX, 2014.
2.We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on March XX, 2014.
3.We started processing your application on May XX, 2014.
4.We sent you a notice on July XX, 2014 to appear and write the citizenship test on August XX, 2014 at XX:XX PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

Is this typical? I am waiting to hear on an oath ceremony date and it doesn't mention it on the website.

Thank you in advance.
This is normal it just means they have made a final decision on your application. Now you have to wait and check your snail mailbox where they will send you the Oath letter, after your test during your interview I am sure the officer mentioned how long after to expect Oath, Mine said 1 to 3 months.

Anthony_nyc

Star Member
Apr 28, 2015
Hello all,

I'm a Montreal, Quebec applicant. My citizenship test and interview are october 1st at 1:30pm. The only stamp on my USA passport pages I have "most recent " was my original entry into canada as a permanent resident march 4th, 2012. I never left canada once, for the time frame duration I claimed on my application. I visited my family much after the application being sent out, with the Canada border only stamping my return back August 9th, 2015. You see this additional problem now? USA didnt stamp my exit on August 6th, 2015. So there is a huge suspicious stamp gap between march 4th, 2012 to August 9th, 2015. I do not have a cbsa report either, I know it's not requested by CIC or completely needed, there are other ways. Will I get RQ or rejected on my interview next week for not having cbsa report? I was told by USA that it's not needed because the USA and Canada share records for Americans. I gathered my taxes for last 3 years, employment records, a welfare statement letter showing support during my layoff unemployment period, working on getting banking statement transaction history, i also have my dental records for cleanings and my braces prodedure from my dentist orthodontist. I don't have any lease agreements, I only paid cash month to month renting a room wherever I lived....any fact advice on my situation, I'm very worried now since I hear about this cbsa report method since many people lack passport stamps.

ushaffi

Mar 15, 2014
My online status now has the 5th line and it mentions that the Oath ceremony will be on Oct 20. Now just have to wait for the letter in the mail. Co-incidentally, i am waiting for my PR to also be renewed.