+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March 2014 applications

chikloo

Feb 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sweetakash said:
I just hope that Mississauga keeps up with this trend and other offices catch up with this trend soon.
One thing I notice is Mississauga sends the oath very soon after test. My friend was asked to wait after interview and given a conditional oath letter for the week after. He was informed that the CJ may call in case if they need any additional info. If no calls he can assume everything is fine and arrive for oath. He did not get any calls and is now a citizen. I hope you guys too get the same experience.

marilugia

Jan 5, 2014
I posted my application in March 2014, requiring urgent processing, and today I have received my Certificate of Canadian Citizenship :D

chikloo

Feb 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
marilugia said:
I posted my application in March 2014, requiring urgent processing, and today I have received my Certificate of Canadian Citizenship :D
Hi Could you please give more details for the reason given for urgent processing? thank you

marilugia

Jan 5, 2014
I posted my application on 11th March, asking for urgent processing. Today I have received my Certificate of Canadian Citizenship. From Italy . ;)

parasv

Star Member
Apr 17, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
From CIC website for urgent processing..

To apply for urgent processing, you must meet all four conditions:

You must be eligible to apply for citizenship as an adult.
You must be applying for citizenship as an adult. We do not offer urgent processing for minors or adopted persons.
You must have been a permanent resident living in Canada for 1,095 days or more during the four years before you submit your application.
There must be some emergency that requires you to become a citizen quickly.
Examples of when we may process an application for citizenship urgently:

You can't apply for a job or could lose your job because you are not a Canadian citizen.
You cannot go to a Canadian school, college or university because you are not a Canadian citizen.
You need to travel because of death or serious illness in the family and cannot get a passport in your current nationality.
You received a decision on a previous application for citizenship that you successfully appealed to the Federal Court.

u4g5

Champion Member
Oct 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
parasv said:
From CIC website for urgent processing..

To apply for urgent processing, you must meet all four conditions:

You must be eligible to apply for citizenship as an adult.
You must be applying for citizenship as an adult. We do not offer urgent processing for minors or adopted persons.
You must have been a permanent resident living in Canada for 1,095 days or more during the four years before you submit your application.
There must be some emergency that requires you to become a citizen quickly.
Examples of when we may process an application for citizenship urgently:

You can't apply for a job or could lose your job because you are not a Canadian citizen.
You cannot go to a Canadian school, college or university because you are not a Canadian citizen.
You need to travel because of death or serious illness in the family and cannot get a passport in your current nationality.
You received a decision on a previous application for citizenship that you successfully appealed to the Federal Court.
speechless

Manyaqx

Star Member
Feb 27, 2014
i have a quick question. Since last year i went to USA 4-5 times. Before i get my test date i want to get CBSA record. Should i get same record from USA too? If so, how can i get these records from them? how can i apply?

fairooz

Star Member
Feb 3, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Manyaqx said:
i have a quick question. Since last year i went to USA 4-5 times. Before i get my test date i want to get CBSA record. Should i get same record from USA too? If so, how can i get these records from them? how can i apply?
Hi Manyaqx,

I wanted to get a list of my US entries too and used this link:

https://foiaonline.regulations.gov/foia/action/public/request/

The process was pretty straight forward, signed up for an account, selected the appropriate agency ( i think it was border services or something like that), selected exit and entry for the type and wrote a short note saying I wanted to verify my US travel history as I was applying for Canadian citizenship. I attached a copy of my US visa and they emailed me my US travel history within 3 weeks.

newapp202

Jul 17, 2014
I have a question please. Do you think you have enough time to take preparation for test after you receive your date? In case, if it's just 2 weeks, what's your plan to achieve the pass mark? Another important question please, do we need to right 15 out of 20 or 16 out of 20? thanks.

sweetakash

Star Member
Sep 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo - Transferred to Ottawa CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-SEP-2011
AOR Received.
8-NOV-2011
File Transfer...
8-NOV-2011
Med's Request
8-NOV-2011
Med's Done....
28-NOV-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-JAN-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-JAN-2012
LANDED..........
10-JAN-2012
Manyaqx said:
$25? should it not be free?
Why do I have to pay to file a request?

There is no fee to file a FOIA request. FOIA established four fee categories that agencies use to determine if fees will be charged:
(1) commercial requesters may be charged fees for searching for records, reviewing the records, and photocopying them;
(2) news media, educational or noncommercial scientific institutions are charged for photocopying, after the first 100 pages;
(3) (4) all other requesters (requesters who do not fall into any of the other three categories) are charged for photocopying after 100 pages and for time spent searching for records in excess of two hours.
In the event that fees are incurred beyond what you are entitled to for free, please indicate a specific amount that you are willing to pay. If you do not indicate another amount in FOIAonline, please be advised that some agency regulations provide that making a FOIA request represents an agreement to pay fees up to $25 (See Agency specific regulations from the links on the main page).

rilov

Star Member
May 27, 2010
Date Received => 04-MAR-2014
Processing Started => 14-APR-2014
No recieved line in Landing page.
got AOR not sure about the date
Office not sure ? I live in Brampton.

No Test yet . I have seen people applied after me got the call for test already . Is anybody applied before me still waiting for test ?

sat981

May 2, 2014
I was applying for another citizenship for spouse and i see newer version of CIT0002E Question 9D states:
"Please do not contact the CBSA to request your history of entries"

So does that mean we shouldn't apply for entry/exit data? What happens for people who already ordered and are waiting for info back.. I guess they don't need to worry.

Manyaqx

Star Member
Feb 27, 2014
sat981 said:
I was applying for another citizenship for spouse and i see newer version of CIT0002E Question 9D states:
"Please do not contact the CBSA to request your history of entries"

So does that mean we shouldn't apply for entry/exit data? What happens for people who already ordered and are waiting for info back.. I guess they don't need to worry.
I applied with same verison "CIT0002(09-2013)E". I couldnt see that "Please do not contact CBSA to request your history of entries" part in question 9D. But answering that question with YES, you already gave permission to CIC to check your history. You dont have to apply. But if you already applied, thats different story. I dont think its gonna be effect your application.

My question is that CIC collect our history of CBSA report. Do they know when we left from Canada? Because when i was going to USA, I always go to Buffalo and passed to border by driving. When i come back, they just asked me how was your vocation? :) To prove that i have to contact with USA border right?