Waived
Passport Req..
04-JAN-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-JAN-2012
LANDED..........
10-JAN-2012
chikloo said:
They are asking for the same stuff. Additional information that they are asking is social ties and family ties in Canada.
They are also asking my ties outside of Canada. Sounds kind a silly.
Hi Chikloo,

Sorry to hear about your RQ.
Do you fall in any of the following categories that could have triggered RQ in your case...

1) Self-Employed, Own a business
2) Work on contracts basis, freelancing
3) Unemployed for some period during the 4 years of residence history
4) Too many travels out of Canada to other countries, say USA
5) Too many travels out of Canada to your native place
6) Extended stays out of Canada (say long vacations like 2-3 months at a stretch)
7) Family Application without child(ren's) school records (for children of school age)
8) Mismatches/missing stamps on passport with respect to the corresponding visits you made
9) Travel out of Canada during unemployment time
10) Missed to report any absence in Residence Calculator

Or is there anything else you may think that could have triggered RQ?

Rgds!

chikloo

Feb 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sweetakash said:
Hi Chikloo,

Sorry to hear about your RQ.
Do you fall in any of the following categories that could have triggered RQ in your case...

1) Self-Employed, Own a business
2) Work on contracts basis, freelancing
3) Unemployed for some period during the 4 years of residence history
4) Too many travels out of Canada to other countries, say USA
5) Too many travels out of Canada to your native place
6) Extended stays out of Canada (say long vacations like 2-3 months at a stretch)
7) Family Application without child(ren's) school records (for children of school age)
8) Mismatches/missing stamps on passport with respect to the corresponding visits you made
9) Travel out of Canada during unemployment time
10) Missed to report any absence in Residence Calculator

Or is there anything else you may think that could have triggered RQ?

Rgds!

1) Self-Employed, Own a business -No
2) Work on contracts basis, freelancing - No
3) Unemployed for some period during the 4 years of residence history - Yes
4) Too many travels out of Canada to other countries, say USA - around 12 trips
5) Too many travels out of Canada to your native place - 5 trips in 4 years
6) Extended stays out of Canada (say long vacations like 2-3 months at a stretch) - One two month visit for my Marriage
7) Family Application without child(ren's) school records (for children of school age) - No
8) Mismatches/missing stamps on passport with respect to the corresponding visits you made - No
9) Travel out of Canada during unemployment time Yes
10) Missed to report any absence in Residence Calculator No

polarbear

Sep 17, 2012
chikloo said:
Recd RQ today. I submitted the following with my initial application

1. CBSA report
2. CBP report
3. OHIP report
4. lease agreement
5. property ownership document
6. bank transaction document
7. credit card statement print outs
8. CRA assessment print out and T4s

Im out of options to send anything else and need help. Please let me know what else I can add to the RQ now.
Hello Chikloo:

Where did you get RQ from?

Sydney? or Scarborough local office ?

I believe your Received line Disappeared on July 20th and you got RQ on July 21st.

:-X

chikloo

Feb 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
polarbear said:
Hello Chikloo:

Where did you get RQ from?

Sydney? or Scarborough local office ?

I believe your Received line Disappeared on July 20th and you got RQ on July 21st.

:-X
From Scarborough and Yes on Sunday the line disappeared and got RQ the next day. Hard luck.

hobbes

Star Member
Mar 20, 2008
Hi chikloo,

Nothing unusual in your profile. Just bad luck. I heard new RQ cases are also getting processed fast. Hopefully you shouldn't suffer much delays because of this.

chikloo

Feb 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hobbes said:
Hi chikloo,

Nothing unusual in your profile. Just bad luck. I heard new RQ cases are also getting processed fast. Hopefully you shouldn't suffer much delays because of this.

I have made up my mind to see through it however long it takes. I'm not going any where. I'm concern about the dire state of Immigration process. the RQ form is standard and does not make sense for most parts.

I have started collecting phone bills, lease agreements, rent receipts, problem is everyone charges a fee which is my only problem.

u4g5

Champion Member
Oct 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
chikloo said:
1) Self-Employed, Own a business -No
2) Work on contracts basis, freelancing - No
3) Unemployed for some period during the 4 years of residence history - Yes
4) Too many travels out of Canada to other countries, say USA - around 12 trips
5) Too many travels out of Canada to your native place - 5 trips in 4 years
6) Extended stays out of Canada (say long vacations like 2-3 months at a stretch) - One two month visit for my Marriage
7) Family Application without child(ren's) school records (for children of school age) - No
8) Mismatches/missing stamps on passport with respect to the corresponding visits you made - No
9) Travel out of Canada during unemployment time Yes
10) Missed to report any absence in Residence Calculator No
after submitting documents, ur case will move forward.

polarbear

Sep 17, 2012
chikloo said:
From Scarborough and Yes on Sunday the line disappeared and got RQ the next day. Hard luck.
Hello Chikloo:

Your Received line disappeared on July 20th and you got RQ on July 21st,

We all know Received line gone means either Background check complete or Local office transfer.

So, till July 20th, your application was in Sydney, and 21st it was transferred to Scarborough. This is damn fast.

Check again, your RQ might be from Sydeny ! :-X

chikloo

Feb 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
polarbear said:
Hello Chikloo:

Your Received line disappeared on July 20th and you got RQ on July 21st,

We all know Received line gone means either Background check complete or Local office transfer.

So, till July 20th, your application was in Sydney, and 21st it was transferred to Scarborough. This is damn fast.

Check again, your RQ might be from Sydeny ! :-X
It is highlighted in the mail as Scarborough

Manyaqx

Star Member
Feb 27, 2014
chikloo said:
It is highlighted in the mail as Scarborough
Hi chikloo,

First of all im sorry for RQ... I have a quick question.. When you get RQ, is your ecase updated about this?

chikloo

Feb 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Manyaqx said:
Hi chikloo,

First of all im sorry for RQ... I have a quick question.. When you get RQ, is your ecase updated about this?
Please don't be sorry for my RQ. No update on Ecas.

blueshirt

Apr 28, 2014
chikloo said:
Please don't be sorry for my RQ. No update on Ecas.
chikloo your case looks interesting and is a good learning for all of us. Please share from your opinion the reason to get RQ?
Can I ask you why you submitted RQ related documents with the initial application when it was not asked. This really creates confusion within CIC. I have once heard from one applicant that he did the same and his file was mistakenly considered as RQ application and was slowed down deliberately.

Always reply to what is asked nothing more and nothing less. In CIC due diligence concept does not work if they trust they trust and if they don't then nothing on earth will save one from receiving RQ. I think they barely look into those extra documents send with initial application as they too need to handle lot of files and they go with their check list..

chikloo

Feb 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
blueshirt said:
chikloo your case looks interesting and is a good learning for all of us. Please share from your opinion the reason to get RQ?
Can I ask you why you submitted RQ related documents with the initial application when it was not asked. This really creates confusion within CIC. I have once heard from one applicant that he did the same and his file was mistakenly considered as RQ application and was slowed down deliberately.

Always reply to what is asked nothing more and nothing less. In CIC due diligence concept does not work if they trust they trust and if they don't then nothing on earth will save one from receiving RQ. I think they barely look into those extra documents send with initial application as they too need to handle lot of files and they go with their check list..

Yes I can share details but I don't know what triggered my RQ. I'm thinking because I have unemployed period of 6 months in which for 2 months of out of country one for PR stamping and another for Marriage. Unavoidable trips.

blueshirt

Apr 28, 2014
chikloo said:
Yes I can share details but I don't know what triggered my RQ. I'm thinking because I have unemployed period of 6 months in which for 2 months of out of country one for PR stamping and another for Marriage. Unavoidable trips.
thanks chikloo for replying me i appreciate. one question with your initial application if you submitted RQ papers why they asking same copies again. cant cic do a document checklist and ask only missing documents. did u call cic and enquire or send them letter why asking for papers already submitted with the application

chikloo

Feb 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
blueshirt said:
thanks chikloo for replying me i appreciate. one question with your initial application if you submitted RQ papers why they asking same copies again. cant cic do a document checklist and ask only missing documents. did u call cic and enquire or send them letter why asking for papers already submitted with the application
I did not call them. Do you think I can get hold off someone in the local office. Is it allowed?
The RQ document is std and does not take into consideration of people submitting additional document with initial application. Lets see how it goes. Phone company is making a killing out of this. $15 for statements prior to 18 months. Same with banks.