+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Manila Visa Office?

superspecial90

Aug 13, 2017
Also got the same response. Due to these transport strikes, consulates are also affected since yesterday making application processes slower by the second. Hrrrggghhhhh.

Suffice to say and as per personal observation, MVO is slow. Their last update on my application (thru my rep) as of 24 September was that it’s on queue for review by a visa officer. We’re mid-October now. I mean, wow.

I’m also a PNP-O applicant with e-AOR in 03 March. Yep, I’m almost entering 8 months so the wait is undeniably excruciating. But I’m still hoping that there would be significant updates for each of our applications and that we would be issued with our PPRs the soonest possible time.

P.S. Not Japan based here.
Hi!
Thanks for sharing your experience.
All we can do is hope for the best and wait!
Good luck!

Reactions: Xiaociaoshaw_02

superspecial90

Aug 13, 2017
Yes I think my application benefited from the lightning fast processing times of applicants with August AOR and beyond, especially for FSW-O. At least until I got this additional documents request, there just wasn't any update after that.

Unfortunately I can't seem to find a telephone number for Manila VO; I will need to do more search for that - will keep you posted if I find one.
Yeah, there is not way to call LVO's.
Using their case-specific webforms is the only way.
I will fill one out on the 26th!!

Xiaociaoshaw_02

Star Member
Oct 4, 2017
Philippines
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-02-2017
Nomination.....
03-01-2017
AOR Received.
03-03-2017
Just curious, how did your rep get this info? Since this is not the kind of update that you get in your online account.

Did he/she call MVO?
We separately did the follow up around September thru the CIC online web form. You would expect a response, as indicated on CIC website, after 28 business days. MVO responded to my rep after more than 2 weeks and actually shared that information. And yes, correspondence between VOs won’t reflect on our MyCIC accounts (I think).

I suggest if your application is already or even nearing pass processing times, use the online web form.

Reactions: mattjp1

superspecial90

Aug 13, 2017
We separately did the follow up around September thru the CIC online web form. You would expect a response, as indicated on CIC website, after 28 business days. MVO responded to my rep after more than 2 weeks and actually shared that information. And yes, correspondence between VOs won’t reflect on our MyCIC accounts (I think).

I suggest if your application is already or even nearing pass processing times, use the online web form.
Did you have to submit any additional document?

mattjp1

Jul 23, 2017

Alright thanks for the tip!

Xiaociaoshaw_02

Star Member
Oct 4, 2017
Philippines
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-02-2017
Nomination.....
03-01-2017
AOR Received.
03-03-2017
Did you have to submit any additional document?
At first they said that they’re reviewing eventhough my rep didn’t ask me for any. Since September, it’s “ We do not need additional documents”. BGC is still Not Applicable.

Did MVO ask you for one? What documents were you asked to submit additionally?

liz2017

Star Member
Sep 7, 2015
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
MVO
Nomination.....
09-12-2016
AOR Received.
13-03-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
I inquired through email. they replied within 48hrs.

MANILIMMIGRATION@international.gc.ca

unfortunately, they dont entertain follow up calls. calls are only for canadians in distress..so I've heard.... if your file is not yet transferred to the local visa office, call cic...you will get better answers from cic than mvo....

Yes I think my application benefited from the lightning fast processing times of applicants with August AOR and beyond, especially for FSW-O. At least until I got this additional documents request, there just wasn't any update after that.

Unfortunately I can't seem to find a telephone number for Manila VO; I will need to do more search for that - will keep you posted if I find one.

Last edited:

superspecial90

Aug 13, 2017
I inquired through email. they replied within 48hrs.

MANILIMMIGRATION@international.gc.ca

unfortunately, they dont entertain follow up calls. calls are only for canadians in distress..so I've heard.... if you're file is not yet transferred to the local visa office, call cic...you will get better answers from cic than mvo....
At first they said that they’re reviewing eventhough my rep didn’t ask me for any. Since September, it’s “ We do not need additional documents”. BGC is still Not Applicable.

Did MVO ask you for one? What documents were you asked to submit additionally?
I had to submit a PCC from Japan but the request came in MyCIC account and I don't think it came from MVO.
It is usual for all applicants who lived for more than 6 months in Japan.
I have seen updates in 'Documents' section too. It went from 'being uploaded>being reviewed>We do not need additional documents.
My BGC has been "Your application is in progress. we will send a message once we start..." since the day of AOR and it never changed!

Only CIC knows what is happening to the application and what they are doing!

liz2017

Star Member
Sep 7, 2015
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
MVO
Nomination.....
09-12-2016
AOR Received.
13-03-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
What did they say in their reply to your email?
Please share!
oh I actually emailed 3 or 4x already...

1st one was when i asked if my file was indeed in their office and the status at that time...mvo replied confirming the file transfer and that they will contact me as soon as the review is completed.

the rest of my emails were replied with the standard "Rest assured that all efforts are being made to ensure an efficient and expeditious processing blah blah blah..." :eek:

superspecial90

Aug 13, 2017
oh I actually emailed 3 or 4x already...

1st one was when i asked if my file was indeed in their office and the status at that time...mvo replied confirming the file transfer and that they will contact me as soon as the review is completed.

the rest of my emails were replied with the standard "Rest assured that all efforts are being made to ensure an efficient and expeditious processing blah blah blah..." :eek:
Well, that's great to know that they gave you some details in 1st mail reply.
At least, I can expect to know what is happening with my application soon!
Still, it won't be enough to answer the million dollar question though!!

Xiaociaoshaw_02

Star Member
Oct 4, 2017
Philippines
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-02-2017
Nomination.....
03-01-2017
AOR Received.
03-03-2017
Well, that's great to know that they gave you some details in 1st mail reply.
At least, I can expect to know what is happening with my application soon!
Still, it won't be enough to answer the million dollar question though!!
Agreed. Makes you more and more apprehensive as days go by.

Still, let us all keep our hopes up and try to distract all ourselvescos it’s the best that we can all do for now. I really do hope tho that we all could be granted and be alerted with our PPRs soonish :).