App. Filed.......
22-04-2017
AOR Received.
22-04-2017
Passport Req..
28-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
01-08-2017
I called CIC yesterday and was told my application was sent to Manila LVO, as expected.

My background check status still shows ip1 though. In my understanding, an application should be at na2 stage by the time it reaches the LVO.. perhaps not for everyone.

Anyone has an idea?
I didn't see my NA1 and NA2 changes... they say it can be very quick (hours or less) to transition between the NAs back to the IP statuses or PPR.

Quick story of what happened to me:
When I e-mailed the central intake office asking for a further update (almost 90 days after AoR, almost two weeks into IP2), I was given a reply that my visa was being processed in Ottawa. I don't think our application went to work load sharing with the LVOs though since ours was processed before the (1) September intake student visa rush, and (2) bill C6 Citizenship application influx came into play. Within 24 hours after they sent the email that our application was in Ottawa, I got PPR email.

I don't think the NA2 stage happens in the LVO strictly. I've read from the April-May AOR thread that they really have to do load sharing with the LVOs at times (like the two examples I said above), whatever the stage your application is... (disclaimer: just an opinion after all the threads I read)

mattjp1

Jul 23, 2017
I don't think the NA2 stage happens in the LVO strictly.
Thanks for the feedback. What do you mean by that though? You think Na2 should be done at CIO?

I've read a few cases where people haven't seen their applications moving to NAs too, so not too concerned.. yet.

angelistamaria

Jul 6, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Manila
App. Filed.......
22-04-2017
AOR Received.
22-04-2017
Passport Req..
28-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
01-08-2017
Thanks for the feedback. What do you mean by that though? You think Na2 should be done at CIO?
In my case, I think everything was done in Ottawa and approval was attained in Ottawa (since I was told my application was being processed there tapos within 24 hours, I got the PPR... ) so I think Manila Visa office's job with regard to my application was just to "stamp" the actual passport.

By "I don't think the NA2 stage happens in the LVO strictly" all I meant was the visa officer handling your case might determine if there will be steps done in Ottawa VO or LVO (probably contacting NBI if there are issues, contacting present or former employers for verification if there are red flags on your proof of work experience docs, or if you've unluckily been selected as one of their random interviewees for their internal quality-assurance). So the LVO can come into play at any stage, not just NA2. Again, just what I surmised from what happened to me and from what I read from others. Did that make sense?

Reactions: mattjp1

superspecial90

Aug 13, 2017
I called CIC yesterday and was told my application was sent to Manila LVO, as expected.

My background check status still shows ip1 though. In my understanding, an application should be at na2 stage by the time it reaches the LVO.. perhaps not for everyone.

Anyone has an idea?
Does your BGC show "in progress" now?

mattjp1

Jul 23, 2017
In my case, I think everything was done in Ottawa and approval was attained in Ottawa (since I was told my application was being processed there tapos within 24 hours, I got the PPR... ) so I think Manila Visa office's job with regard to my application was just to "stamp" the actual passport.

By "I don't think the NA2 stage happens in the LVO strictly" all I meant was the visa officer handling your case might determine if there will be steps done in Ottawa VO or LVO (probably contacting NBI if there are issues, contacting present or former employers for verification if there are red flags on your proof of work experience docs, or if you've unluckily been selected as one of their random interviewees for their internal quality-assurance). So the LVO can come into play at any stage, not just NA2. Again, just what I surmised from what happened to me and from what I read from others. Did that make sense?
I didn't think about it but actually, yes it does make sense. CIC probably has the flexibility to use their LVOs as they want to support, so we won't really know what stage an application is etc.. Thanks for your views

angelistamaria

Jul 6, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Manila
App. Filed.......
22-04-2017
AOR Received.
22-04-2017
Passport Req..
28-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
01-08-2017
I didn't think about it but actually, yes it does make sense. CIC probably has the flexibility to use their LVOs as they want to support, so we won't really know what stage an application is etc.. Thanks for your views
Anytime! Just paying the blessings forward. :)

superspecial90

Aug 13, 2017
It shows ip1: we will contact you when we start your background checks.
It shows ip1: we will contact you when we start your background checks.
I don't think it truly reflects the BG checks on our accounts.
Mine showed "Your application is in progress, we will send you a message once we start your Background checks" for last 5 and half months.
Yesterday it changed to "We are processing your background checks". I did not get any messages for this as well!

I think we should consider these changes as "progress" in the application without trying to attribute them to an exact stage of the processing.

superspecial90

Aug 13, 2017
Anytime! Just paying the blessings forward. :)
Thanks for the hope!
Almost 6 months without any updates and yesterday when the BGC showed 'We are processing your background checks", I had fresh hopes.
Considering myself to be in IP2, but when I read the people stuck in IP2 for ages, I tell myself 'I don't want to be in that IP2'!!!

Thanks for hanging around even after your PR. Not many members bother about others once they get their PR.
You are a great person!

Xiaociaoshaw_02

Star Member
Oct 4, 2017
Philippines
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-02-2017
Nomination.....
03-01-2017
AOR Received.
03-03-2017
Thanks for the hope!
Almost 6 months without any updates and yesterday when the BGC showed 'We are processing your background checks", I had fresh hopes.
Considering myself to be in IP2, but when I read the people stuck in IP2 for ages, I tell myself 'I don't want to be in that IP2'!!!

Thanks for hanging around even after your PR. Not many members bother about others once they get their PR.
You are a great person!
I know right? She totally is :).

Reactions: superspecial90

mattjp1

Jul 23, 2017
Hi all

I have a few questions for you! When you got your PPR:

- You went to submit the passport at the VFS office right?
- Then the passport was sent to Manila VO or to Canada (to get it stamped with PR)?
- How long did it get for you to get the passport back?

I just moved to ip2 couple days ago, so trying to anticipate if they request our passport in the coming weeks, if this will affect our end of the year vacation.

Thanks for any help you may have!
matt

angelistamaria

Jul 6, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Manila
App. Filed.......
22-04-2017
AOR Received.
22-04-2017
Passport Req..
28-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
01-08-2017
Hi all

I have a few questions for you! When you got your PPR:

- You went to submit the passport at the VFS office right?
Yes. VFS Manila is easily accessible. Luckily for me, it was on my route to work so I handed it in personally. There is also VFS Cebu if you are from the south.
As an alternative, you can go to their website to see how you can courier your documents (passport, photos as instructed in your PPR, and printed PPR email with the attachment Appendix A or B [whichever IRCC sends you] filled out) there.
https://www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/Philippines/

- Then the passport was sent to Manila VO or to Canada (to get it stamped with PR)?
Your passport & Docs will be sent to the Manila Visa Office in RCBC Tower in Makati. VFS will check first for completion and correctness of your docs before they send it to Manila VO. Pay the fee to get sms/email alerts about your passport's processing, which tells you when your passport is on its way to Manila VO, when it leaves manila VO, and when it arrives back at VFS for your pick up/courier service. Believe me, the fee is worth it--- Not a single tense moment while I waited for my precious passport to come back in time for a trip.

- How long did it get for you to get the passport back?
I was very lucky-- I got it back in three working days (this is not standard, but like I said--- lucky lang)! Of course, add courier time if you chose this option.
If you will pick up your passport+COPR from VFS and not use their courier services, please remember that there is a specific passport pick-up time in the afternoons (check the VFS website).
Your IRCC account will change to status: "approved" when they stamp your passport with the visa counterfoil at MVO.

I just moved to ip2 couple days ago, so trying to anticipate if they request our passport in the coming weeks, if this will affect our end of the year vacation.
matt
Congratulations! Lapit na.... so excited for you!

When you do get approved (I am sure you will), please take time read through the Visa packet that comes with the COPR (as in sit for a good hour to digest the contents!). It is extremely useful.

For Filipinos: When we went for our CFO registration + PDOS seminar, there were two people who were already in the airport the week prior and were barred from leaving because they did not do the PDOS. Imagine the expenses to rebook your flight! This could have been avoided had they read through the detailed packet with the COPR which includes CFO reg and PDOS instructions!

Hope this helps and congrats on IP2. Start your pre-arrival preps na if you have not yet. (prepareforcanada.com webinars, check out newcomersuccess.ca, etc.)

Last edited:
Reactions: mattjp1

mattjp1

Jul 23, 2017
Yes. VFS Manila is easily accessible. Luckily for me, it was on my route to work so I handed it in personally. There is also VFS Cebu if you are from the south.
As an alternative, you can go to their website to see how you can courier your documents (passport, photos as instructed in your PPR, and printed PPR email with the attachment Appendix A or B [whichever IRCC sends you] filled out) there.
https://www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/Philippines/

Your passport & Docs will be sent to the Manila Visa Office in RCBC Tower in Makati. VFS will check first for completion and correctness of your docs before they send it to Manila VO. Pay the fee to get sms/email alerts about your passport's processing, which tells you when your passport is on its way to Manila VO, when it leaves manila VO, and when it arrives back at VFS for your pick up/courier service. Believe me, the fee is worth it--- Not a single tense moment while I waited for my precious passport to come back in time for a trip.

I was very lucky-- I got it back in three working days (this is not standard, but like I said--- lucky lang)! Of course, add courier time if you chose this option.
If you will pick up your passport+COPR from VFS and not use their courier services, please remember that there is a specific passport pick-up time in the afternoons (check the VFS website).
Your IRCC account will change to status: "approved" when they stamp your passport with the visa counterfoil at MVO.

Congratulations! Lapit na.... so excited for you!

When you do get approved (I am sure you will), please take time read through the Visa packet that comes with the COPR (as in sit for a good hour to digest the contents!). It is extremely useful.

For Filipinos: When we went for our CFO registration + PDOS seminar, there were two people who were already in the airport the week prior and were barred from leaving because they did not do the PDOS. Imagine the expenses to rebook your flight! This could have been avoided had they read through the detailed packet with the COPR which includes CFO reg and PDOS instructions!

Hope this helps and congrats on IP2. Start your pre-arrival preps na if you have not yet. (prepareforcanada.com webinars, check out newcomersuccess.ca, etc.)
Thank you so much for the detailed reply, this helps a lot!

I am in Japan though, so I guess I will have to hand my passport over to Tokyo VFS. Good to know for the sms alert.

What do CFO and PDOS stand for though?

angelistamaria

Jul 6, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Manila
App. Filed.......
22-04-2017
AOR Received.
22-04-2017
Passport Req..
28-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
01-08-2017
What do CFO and PDOS stand for though?
This is purely for Philippine nationals. I may have mistakenly been assuming that you are a fellow Filipino.

CFO: Commission for Filipinos Overseas
all Filipinos who are emigrating from the country or going abroad on foreign work visa are required to register with the Commission.

PDOS: (Philippine) Pre-Departure Orientation Seminar
very detailed 1-day seminar on life in the country the Filipino will Emigrate to. PDOS seminars are tailor-fit to the country of destination so those bound for the US will be given a different seminar from those bound for Europe, NZ or Australia, and Canada.