09 APR - PPR
16 APR -Passport Received by LVO
19 APR- ECAS Decision Made
30 APR - GCKEY Updated to Approved

COPR- Waiting .....

Outland Los Angeles VO

doubledouble

May 22, 2018
Just got an email saying my app was sent to LA visa office, what is there a processing time for LA?
And ordering GCMS notes on Monday, hopefully it’s something small that can just be cleared up

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Just got an email saying my app was sent to LA visa office, what is there a processing time for LA?
And ordering GCMS notes on Monday, hopefully it’s something small that can just be cleared up
There is no processing time for LA. It will depend on the individual situation. Any red flags?

doubledouble

May 22, 2018
There is no processing time for LA. It will depend on the individual situation. Any red flags?
not really red flags, i think maybe we didn't have any money transfers or pictures from the wedding.
we got married in a park with just us and the officiant, and we're having the formal ceremony next month, which was all explained in our application and letters from friends/family. We did have photos with family at other events and everything, and have even more photos since the application, in case they need any. is there a way to upload additional photos to GCkey?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
not really red flags, i think maybe we didn't have any money transfers or pictures from the wedding.
we got married in a park with just us and the officiant, and we're having the formal ceremony next month, which was all explained in our application and letters from friends/family. We did have photos with family at other events and everything, and have even more photos since the application, in case they need any. is there a way to upload additional photos to GCkey?
Request your GCMS notes.

Don't send stuff unless they request it.

Duemanshi

Star Member
May 27, 2018
Had a line added in my ECAS stating they've started processing the application as of June 7th. Next day, my wife (Sponser) receives an email stating it has been forwarded to the visa office in Los Angeles for further processing. My wife never received an email stating that the application was being processed in Mississauga, is this still a cause for concern? Does LA process applications without a need of an interview?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Had a line added in my ECAS stating they've started processing the application as of June 7th. Next day, my wife (Sponser) receives an email stating it has been forwarded to the visa office in Los Angeles for further processing. My wife never received an email stating that the application was being processed in Mississauga, is this still a cause for concern? Does LA process applications without a need of an interview?
Request your GCMS notes. Apps are transferred to LA when there are potential issues. Any red flags?

Duemanshi

Star Member
May 27, 2018
Request your GCMS notes. Apps are transferred to LA when there are potential issues. Any red flags?
Wife and I were living together in the states, she decided to move back to Canada to start working/ getting back on healthcare to help ease our new life in Canada. We mistakenly put in a cancellation thinking we had to change the method of sponsorship (Inbound?) because she now is back in Canada(we basically didn't do our homework enough). My wife and I quickly realized it was a mistake and just filled out an address change and put in a request to revoke the cancellation via IRCC. She then spoke with a representative at the Call Centre who put a "note" on the cancellation form that emphasized revoking the cancellation, in case the separate IRCC form was not read in time.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Wife and I were living together in the states, she decided to move back to Canada to start working/ getting back on healthcare to help ease our new life in Canada. We mistakenly put in a cancellation thinking we had to change the method of sponsorship (Inbound?) because she now is back in Canada(we basically didn't do our homework enough). My wife and I quickly realized it was a mistake and just filled out an address change and put in a request to revoke the cancellation via IRCC. She then spoke with a representative at the Call Centre who put a "note" on the cancellation form that emphasized revoking the cancellation, in case the separate IRCC form was not read in time.
Yeah, that is likely why. A request to cancel generally means the relationship is breaking down and honestly, your explanation is pretty weak.

Any other issues? Criminal record? Excluded dependents?

Duemanshi

Star Member
May 27, 2018
Yeah, that is likely why. A request to cancel generally means the relationship is breaking down and honestly, your explanation is pretty weak.

Any other issues? Criminal record? Excluded dependents?

No criminal record, previous spouses or children. I guess it makes sense seeing a cancellation is a pretty big red flag, was just hoping we wouldn't have to pay such a hefty fee for our ignorant mistake, though I understand the reason for concern and suspicion.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
No criminal record, previous spouses or children. I guess it makes sense seeing a cancellation is a pretty big red flag, was just hoping we wouldn't have to pay such a hefty fee for our ignorant mistake, though I understand the reason for concern and suspicion.
Request the GCMS notes and see what they say.

Reactions: Duemanshi

Duemanshi

Star Member
May 27, 2018
Thank you, We will work on that. I guess this probably slows the process down a bit compared to it staying in Mississauga, not many people have talked about it as much it seems.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Thank you, We will work on that. I guess this probably slows the process down a bit compared to it staying in Mississauga, not many people have talked about it as much it seems.
Yes, it will slow the app down. Few apps are transferred to LA and it means that the normal processing times don't apply.

doubledouble

May 22, 2018
I think so too, i was hoping to get DM made mid-May like other people who applied in December, but there's been no movement since my app was forwareded to LA.
Letter was sent to me for the file transfer May 26th, and ECAS updated saying "We started processing your application on May 31st"

I requested GCMS notes after i received the letter so i'll see what they say