+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Los Angeles LVO INFO

alibra22

Star Member
Jan 13, 2018
Whoa was told via webform reply not to contact LA Visa office for another 90 days for application information. eesh. I sent a (sngle) inquiry about app process/status. :confused::confused:

Fuller12

Dec 16, 2017
Lynden Washington
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Los Angeles
App. Filed.......
15-09-2017
File Transfer...
05-01-2018
Med's Request
26-10-2017
Med's Done....
05-12-2017
Interview........
04-04-2018
Whoa was told via webform reply not to contact LA Visa office for another 90 days for application information. eesh. I sent a (sngle) inquiry about app process/status. :confused::confused:
LOL...That/s great! I will let you know if i hear ANYTHING from Los Angeles. Hopefully were sitting on the desk and they get started this week....fingers crossed

alibra22

Star Member
Jan 13, 2018
Apps aren't transferred to LA unless it is because IRCC has concerns and will request an interview. Do you have any red flags, criminal issues etc.? Have you requested GCMS notes?
Looks like you where right on this,got my notes in today and they state file transferred for adverse information on FBI cert, also states in the outgoing correspondence section that my outgoing pre-arrival letter was cancelled. Seems like there setting me up for the decline.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Looks like you where right on this,got my notes in today and they state file transferred for adverse information on FBI cert, also states in the outgoing correspondence section that my outgoing pre-arrival letter was cancelled. Seems like there setting me up for the decline.
If you didn't declare your conviction, then yes, they are likely preparing to refuse you for misrepresentation. However, they will give you the opportunity to respond to their concerns through a Procedural Fairness letter.

alibra22

Star Member
Jan 13, 2018
If you didn't declare your conviction, then yes, they are likely preparing to refuse you for misrepresentation. However, they will give you the opportunity to respond to their concerns through a Procedural Fairness letter.

Yeah I’ll just have to wait and see, sucks because it was an honest mistake I assumed that because the case was dismissed it didn’t count .. oh well

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Yeah I’ll just have to wait and see, sucks because it was an honest mistake I assumed that because the case was dismissed it didn’t count .. oh well
And you may very well be able to argue that.

Miraclejj

Mar 10, 2017
I wonder if there’s a way to check LA’s processing times or pipeline... they stopped responding to my inquiries an MPs can only help if the VO is in Canada ...
Unfortunately, there isn't a timeline available to assess, especially it involves BGC. CIC can take whatever the time they needed to conduct the background check.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I wonder if there’s a way to check LA’s processing times or pipeline... they stopped responding to my inquiries an MPs can only help if the VO is in Canada ...
No. As LA only processes non-standard apps, it depends entirely on the individual situation.

Forte

Nov 14, 2016
Assumed expunged meant expunged smh...... super minor charge as well I would’ve easily claimed it nothing to get denied for at all. Anywhoo I submitted a new Schedule A with LOE an documents . Fingers crossed
Hope it works out. Fingers crossed.

Fuller12

Dec 16, 2017
Lynden Washington
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Los Angeles
App. Filed.......
15-09-2017
File Transfer...
05-01-2018