Los Angeles LVO INFO

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I did have a feeling something was up though they asked for the case file. months after my sponsor had been approved meds done ect
If you didn't declare it in the app, then you may be facing a very serious situation. IRCC may determine that you committed misrepresentation, which would result in a refusal and a 5 year ban from Canada.

alibra22

Star Member
Jan 13, 2018
Yeah im pretty sure I didnt; i assumed because I dont have to when it comes to US expungement law.LA processing makes sense now. Glad i got the heads up from you all so i can plan around there(immagrations) next move and be a step ahead

Last edited:

Fuller12

Dec 16, 2017
Lynden Washington
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Los Angeles
App. Filed.......
15-09-2017
File Transfer...
05-01-2018
Med's Request
26-10-2017
Med's Done....
05-12-2017
Interview........
04-04-2018
I was also transferred to Los Angeles VO January 5th 2018. I am passed medical and no interview required, so who knows why they transferred.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I was also transferred to Los Angeles VO January 5th 2018. I am passed medical and no interview required, so who knows why they transferred.
Apps aren't transferred to LA unless it is because IRCC has concerns and will request an interview. Do you have any red flags, criminal issues etc.? Have you requested GCMS notes?

Fuller12

Dec 16, 2017
Lynden Washington
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Los Angeles
App. Filed.......
15-09-2017
File Transfer...
05-01-2018
Med's Request
26-10-2017
Med's Done....
05-12-2017
Interview........
04-04-2018
Apps aren't transferred to LA unless it is because IRCC has concerns and will request an interview. Do you have any red flags, criminal issues etc.? Have you requested GCMS notes?
No Issues....

alibra22

Star Member
Jan 13, 2018
Update: My document status changed from "documents uploaded" to "We do not need additional documents" assuming this is a good sign or at least a sign that the Los Angeles VO has picked up the file. File was transferred to VO almost a month ago

anyone have a read on this or similar status?

Reactions: Fuller12

Miraclejj

Mar 10, 2017
Update: My document status changed from "documents uploaded" to "We do not need additional documents" assuming this is a good sign or at least a sign that the Los Angeles VO has picked up the file. File was transferred to VO almost a month ago

I believe the LA VO cleared you for whatever the issue IRCC had.

There are two reasons that US cases will be transferred to local VO, one of them is for an interview, and another one is for a further assessment, due to the reason that Ottawa needs more info, that sometimes is more efficient for the local VO to obtain them, in your case, it most likely is related to your prior charge. Now, it is obviously, you are cleared. So, grats.

alibra22

Star Member
Jan 13, 2018

There are two reasons that US cases will be transferred to local VO, one of them is for an interview, and another one is for a further assessment, due to the reason that Ottawa needs more info, that sometimes is more efficient for the local VO to obtain them, in your case, it most likely is related to your prior charge. Now, it is obviously, you are cleared. So, grats.

Nice thank you for the reply!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12

It likely doesn't mean much besides someone looked at your file. That status can change quite a bit.

Not quite sure how you came to that conclusion.

alibra22

Star Member
Jan 13, 2018
Out of curiosity is there a reason the CIC agents cant just tell you the recommendations from the CPC ? I've asked a couple of them and while they seem have access to the case notes they seem unwilling to relay the information.. Would make thing so much simpler

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Out of curiosity is there a reason the CIC agents cant just tell you the recommendations from the CPC ? I've asked a couple of them and while they seem have access to the case notes they seem unwilling to relay the information.. Would make thing so much simpler
The people that you talk to in the Call Centre are not immigration officers and receive very little training. They are there to answer basic questions and inquiries. Anything more than that, such as interpretation of an officer's notes, is beyond them.

alibra22

Star Member
Jan 13, 2018
We shall see this whole process is cryptic ‍♂......

I called and they told me that it’s completely normal for Outland apps to go to Los Angeles an that there where no flags or anything out of sorts within the notes so who knows ‍♂

alibra22

Star Member
Jan 13, 2018
Spoke with HELPFUL IRCC agent who looked into the file notes and stated that the file has been “approved in principle” on the Canada side just waiting on the LA VO to finalize background/security checks and final approval....

LA VO replied to my webform wait 90 Days before submitting any questions :(