+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Los Angeles LVO INFO

fatiza

Star Member
Jul 12, 2018
Your case is somewhat unique. Supposedly, even you are not a US citizen or green card holder, but at some point that if you resided in US legally and continuously over 12 months, and is still living in US (legally or not), the CIC may keep your application being fully processed by CPC-Mississauga at their discretion. Your case was CIC transferred your application to LDVO, which is among the slowest VO to process applications, and I think whoever did the initial review found that you were qualified to be processed as a US applicant, and thus, they transferred your application back to US local VO at their choice to reduce their work loads. Although comparing to CPC-Mississauga, LAVO is a bit slower, but if your case is straight forward, it shouldn't take long. Actually, the person who decided to transfer your application back to US DID you a huge favor, in the means of reducing your processing time.

Now, to all other US applicants that their applications to be transferred from CPC-Mississauga to US local VOs, it is because there might have some issues in the application that required a further assessment. And to those applicants, their processing time is longer than usual.
im also pakistani citizen but living in US with my husband because he is student here, although he is canadian citizen my medical was done in febraury and clear medical police certificate from pakistan and US both we send since may so in june like 27th june they(CPC MIssissauga) email your file is transfer to LAVO i guess because i live in US so that's why now waiting for there email what they want actually documents or interview both me and my husband are ready for any response hope for the best

villavittoria

Star Member
Feb 28, 2018
Your case is somewhat unique. Supposedly, even you are not a US citizen or green card holder, but at some point that if you resided in US legally and continuously over 12 months, and is still living in US (legally or not), the CIC may keep your application being fully processed by CPC-Mississauga at their discretion. Your case was CIC transferred your application to LDVO, which is among the slowest VO to process applications, and I think whoever did the initial review found that you were qualified to be processed as a US applicant, and thus, they transferred your application back to US local VO at their choice to reduce their work loads. Although comparing to CPC-Mississauga, LAVO is a bit slower, but if your case is straight forward, it shouldn't take long. Actually, the person who decided to transfer your application back to US DID you a huge favor, in the means of reducing your processing time.

Now, to all other US applicants that their applications to be transferred from CPC-Mississauga to US local VOs, it is because there might have some issues in the application that required a further assessment. And to those applicants, their processing time is longer than usual.
Ah! Makes so much sense now. Thanks! I totally agree about London LVO. My application was packing dust for 3 months before the officer transferred it to the LA office. I really hope I hear back soon. My 6 months mark will be a month from now.

ramy22200

Star Member
Jul 5, 2016
Hi every one i have quest what is the deference between deadline date and due date ?Is it possible to change the deadline

villavittoria

Star Member
Feb 28, 2018

I got an ADR from LA today for my paystubs and w2 for the past 3 years and proof of legal status for the past 5 years in the US along with official transcripts for all degrees earned in the US. I pretty much have all the docs ready to go, but just curious why the office would request that many pay stubs... would you know if this is standard for US non-residents? Thankfully, I remained legal all the years I resided in the U.S., but I'm just wondering if there are times when the visa office requests such docs from specific applicants.

Miraclejj

Mar 10, 2017
I got an ADR from LA today for my paystubs and w2 for the past 3 years and proof of legal status for the past 5 years in the US along with official transcripts for all degrees earned in the US. I pretty much have all the docs ready to go, but just curious why the office would request that many pay stubs... would you know if this is standard for US non-residents? Thankfully, I remained legal all the years I resided in the U.S., but I'm just wondering if there are times when the visa office requests such docs from specific applicants.
Well, it depends on which stream that you applied for. Most folks here applied spousal sponsorship, so we weren't required to provide such documents. But if you were applied for other streams, they may require you to submit those.

villavittoria

Star Member
Feb 28, 2018
Well, it depends on which stream that you applied for. Most folks here applied spousal sponsorship, so we weren't required to provide such documents. But if you were applied for other streams, they may require you to submit those.
ok got it. I'm in the FSW outland stream... no spousal sponsorship

villavittoria

Star Member
Feb 28, 2018
hi everyone,

Did anyone receive a request for additional documents from the LA office? I received a request for pay stubs and w2 and proof of legal status, but when I logged on to my permanent resident profile page, there was no new field to upload the documents. Also, the Review of Additional Documents section was set to Not Applicable. Not sure why it was that way, since a request had just been made. So I was wondering if anyone has run into this issue with the LA office and how they submitted the requested documents.

hetvi

Jul 5, 2018
hey, how was your interview? hope it went well!
any tips for anyone that has one coming up?
It was on August 16th, they just cancelled yesterday due to unidentified circumstances. It says in email that they will reschedule. It is really frustrating to wait for a month and cancel 5 days before interview.Hope I will get next date soon. I will surely share my experience after interview.

villavittoria

Star Member
Feb 28, 2018
Hi Everyone,

Got the PPR email on 31st of July. I was wondering if anyone is aware of how long it takes for LA visa office to process the COPR and mail it back?

Duemanshi

Star Member
May 27, 2018
Hi Everyone,

Got the PPR email on 31st of July. I was wondering if anyone is aware of how long it takes for LA visa office to process the COPR and mail it back?
Congrats! Did you have to do an interview since it was in LA? Mine was transferred to LA two months ago and haven't heard anything since.

villavittoria

Star Member
Feb 28, 2018
Congrats! Did you have to do an interview since it was in LA? Mine was transferred to LA two months ago and haven't heard anything since.
thanks! Mine wasn't really a special case. It was moved to London and then back to the U.S., because I applied to the EE shortly after leaving the U.S. So no, I didn't have an interview. I was just asked for paystubs and a few other documents and then I got the PPR mail. Have you requested GCMS notes?

Last edited:
Reactions: Duemanshi

doubledouble

May 22, 2018
It was on August 16th, they just cancelled yesterday due to unidentified circumstances. It says in email that they will reschedule. It is really frustrating to wait for a month and cancel 5 days before interview.Hope I will get next date soon. I will surely share my experience after interview.
oh wow, did you have a flight booked to go there and had to reschedule ?

arimame

Aug 31, 2017
Japan
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Manila
App. Filed.......
21-08-2017
AOR Received.
07-10-2017
Med's Request
17-10-2017
@Miraclejj I was wondering if you have an idea or an estimate of how long it takes for the LA office to mail out the COPR from receipt of the passport?
I am wondering the same! Let me know if you hear anything.