+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Los Angeles LVO INFO

Duemanshi

Star Member
May 27, 2018
I think so too, i was hoping to get DM made mid-May like other people who applied in December, but there's been no movement since my app was forwareded to LA.
Letter was sent to me for the file transfer May 26th, and ECAS updated saying "We started processing your application on May 31st"

I requested GCMS notes after i received the letter so i'll see what they say

My ECAS updated with "We started processing your application on June 7th" with the letter stating it was going to LA the next day. So I guess I'm not far behind you. I'll try to post here whenever I receive updates. Hopefully it won't slow us down for TOO long (months) but I'm prepared for the worst at this point.

Calig1rl

Jun 11, 2018
My ECAS updated with "We started processing your application on June 7th" with the letter stating it was going to LA the next day. So I guess I'm not far behind you. I'll try to post here whenever I receive updates. Hopefully it won't slow us down for TOO long (months) but I'm prepared for the worst at this point.
Mine was transferred to LA too. Same date of processing as yours. I hope we all get good news.

Reactions: Duemanshi
M

marilamb

Did any of you get a email that it was staying in Mississauga then a bit later have it forwarded. My hubby has a slight/minor criminal record and we disclosed it and sent all his info with Schedule A. We got an email that our app is staying in Mississauga and now we are in the background check stage. So I am wondering if it will be forwarded to LA.

doubledouble

May 22, 2018
Did any of you get a email that it was staying in Mississauga then a bit later have it forwarded. My hubby has a slight/minor criminal record and we disclosed it and sent all his info with Schedule A. We got an email that our app is staying in Mississauga and now we are in the background check stage. So I am wondering if it will be forwarded to LA.
Yes, initially the app will be processed in Mississauga, and it seems like if they have any concerns/issues, they'll send it to LA.
Nothing to worry about, especially if you've done what you can to explain everything.

M

marilamb

Yes, initially the app will be processed in Mississauga, and it seems like if they have any concerns/issues, they'll send it to LA.
Nothing to worry about, especially if you've done what you can to explain everything.
Yeah, but since Hubby is American, I guess if they need an interview they will send it to LA. Thanks for the reply though, best of luck to you.

Duemanshi

Star Member
May 27, 2018
Mine was transferred to LA too. Same date of processing as yours. I hope we all get good news.
Best of luck, Do you think your application or the principal applicant has any red flags that would of caused it to be forwarded to LA?

M

marilamb

Best of luck, Do you think your application or the principal applicant has any red flags that would of caused it to be forwarded to LA?
Yes as stated above hubby has minor criminal record. But we disclosed everything in the Schedule A that was sent off 2 weeks ago. We sent 3 pccs (from his state, one from his job and the fbi ones) which stated there was no record found.

But in fact he has been arrested 2 times/went to court for 2 different cases. 1st one was he was convicted of. It was underage drinking which resulted in 2 years probation. Then the other was an 3rd degree assault charge due to a fight with his dad, but he asked for self defence, plead not guilty and then the charges were dismissed and he was not punished.

We hired a lawyer to write an option letter and they said he should be okay, since 1 in minor and other was dismissed. He's in Canada right now as a visitor and has no issues entering the county at the border.

Right now our app is moving as fast as other Americans, so were not sure what that means. We got an email that it is staying in Mississauga as of now and his background check started.

Last edited by a moderator:

fatiza

Star Member
Jul 12, 2018
i even don't know why my file transferred LA I don't know about red flag what people are saying about let's see what will happened with my file
Hope for the best

hetvi

Jul 5, 2018
They process slowly mine was transferred on 27th june to LA visa office
I heard new york visa office do fast processing
Yes, It's really slow. Mine was transferred on March 20 and Just got a interview request yesterday for next month

Reactions: Duemanshi

villavittoria

Star Member
Feb 28, 2018
Hi everyone,

I’ve been looking for a LA LVO forum since I found out my file had been transferred there , but I’m shocked to learn that files sent to LA have been red flagged. The only problem I’ve with that is that my residence isn’t in the US. So technically LA isn’t my local visa office. My file was transferred from Ottawa CIO to London visa office. In my gcms notes, the agent stated that my file should be transferred again to either NY/LA office since my work and education history were all in the US. That was the rationale behind sending it. I’m not sure why my app would be flagged though. I literally have a simple case, per the process. I’ve been in the US most of my life, I’ve performed the exact responsibilities for my NOC, and I’ve bank statements with POF meeting the requirement.

When I spoke with a lawyer, he explained that the 1st review is cursory at the CIO. The final review is what matters and that’s done at the LVO. Also in the gcms notes, it stated that my file was transferred out to re-distribute the workload.

I guess I’m not fully sold on the part that files red-flagged are sent to LA office.

Duemanshi

Star Member
May 27, 2018
Yes, It's really slow. Mine was transferred on March 20 and Just got a interview request yesterday for next month
Glad some progress is being made. I'm curious to know if both the sponsor and PA need to be present for the interview? I would guess so

Miraclejj

Mar 10, 2017
Hi everyone,

I’ve been looking for a LA LVO forum since I found out my file had been transferred there , but I’m shocked to learn that files sent to LA have been red flagged. The only problem I’ve with that is that my residence isn’t in the US. So technically LA isn’t my local visa office. My file was transferred from Ottawa CIO to London visa office. In my gcms notes, the agent stated that my file should be transferred again to either NY/LA office since my work and education history were all in the US. That was the rationale behind sending it. I’m not sure why my app would be flagged though. I literally have a simple case, per the process. I’ve been in the US most of my life, I’ve performed the exact responsibilities for my NOC, and I’ve bank statements with POF meeting the requirement.

When I spoke with a lawyer, he explained that the 1st review is cursory at the CIO. The final review is what matters and that’s done at the LVO. Also in the gcms notes, it stated that my file was transferred out to re-distribute the workload.

I guess I’m not fully sold on the part that files red-flagged are sent to LA office.
Your case is somewhat unique. Supposedly, even you are not a US citizen or green card holder, but at some point that if you resided in US legally and continuously over 12 months, and is still living in US (legally or not), the CIC may keep your application being fully processed by CPC-Mississauga at their discretion. Your case was CIC transferred your application to LDVO, which is among the slowest VO to process applications, and I think whoever did the initial review found that you were qualified to be processed as a US applicant, and thus, they transferred your application back to US local VO at their choice to reduce their work loads. Although comparing to CPC-Mississauga, LAVO is a bit slower, but if your case is straight forward, it shouldn't take long. Actually, the person who decided to transfer your application back to US DID you a huge favor, in the means of reducing your processing time.

Now, to all other US applicants that their applications to be transferred from CPC-Mississauga to US local VOs, it is because there might have some issues in the application that required a further assessment. And to those applicants, their processing time is longer than usual.