+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Los Angeles LVO INFO

fatiza

Star Member
Jul 12, 2018
May be next week or in few days they will ask for PPR because my medical was expired they extended they email for that only we extend your medical.

fatiza

Star Member
Jul 12, 2018
Yayyyyy i feel happy got PPR
After 9 months file sent to los angeles
Did apply july 2017, it was long long long journey. Good luck everyone it's nerve wracking but be patient

Reactions: Duemanshi

Duemanshi

Star Member
May 27, 2018
Yayyyyy i feel happy got PPR
After 9 months file sent to los angeles
Did apply july 2017, it was long long long journey. Good luck everyone it's nerve wracking but be patient
Congratulations! I thought I was waiting long at 13 months you were close to the two year mark, can't imagine how difficult that must have been for you. Happy you can finally start the next chapter of your life.

fatiza

Star Member
Jul 12, 2018
Congratulations! I thought I was waiting long at 13 months you were close to the two year mark, can't imagine how difficult that must have been for you. Happy you can finally start the next chapter of your life.
Thank you actually me and my husband live togather that's why it take that much time because we are togather we can wait. Yeah 20 months

Duemanshi

Star Member
May 27, 2018
10 months since file was transfer to LA. No updates since, really hope I and others in this thread can get some kind of update soon.

Reactions: Awy

Awy

Dec 5, 2018
10 months since file was transfer to LA. No updates since, really hope I and others in this thread can get some kind of update soon.
Wow
File transferred since December 4th
I don’t understand why it’s taking forever

glj18

Oct 15, 2017
Hey all,

Today my husband and I received notice that his file was sent to the LA office for further review (was previously sent to CPC-M)

He has full documented custody of his child but cannot get his ex to agree to signing the appropriate form. We've already received the request for additional docs and submitted the custody order along with a letter of explanation, we hoped that would be enough, but here we are...

Any ideas on what may happen next? I'm trying to determine whether this is a good or bad thing (good that they didn't just outright deny, I suppose)

qwert97

Sep 14, 2017
Hey all,

Today my husband and I received notice that his file was sent to the LA office for further review (was previously sent to CPC-M)

He has full documented custody of his child but cannot get his ex to agree to signing the appropriate form. We've already received the request for additional docs and submitted the custody order along with a letter of explanation, we hoped that would be enough, but here we are...

Any ideas on what may happen next? I'm trying to determine whether this is a good or bad thing (good that they didn't just outright deny, I suppose)
I had similar circumstances. My file was initially being processed by CPC-M but was transferred to LAVO in August 2018 and nothing has happened since then. Multiple reminders and no answer.

The bad news is that it will take at least 8-9 months before someone will even look at your file, so it gets severely delayed. In some cases it has taken almost 10 months even. SO hold tight.

Duemanshi

Star Member
May 27, 2018
File transferred in August 2018. No updates yet :(
This office is terribly slow.... Next week will be 11 months since transfer, file was first received by CIC over 14 months ago. My medicals also expire next week.

My wife just visited her local MP yesterday regarding how long this is taking and since the office has yet to reply to her inquiry from over 2 months ago. The rep there said they will contact LA either today or Monday to try and get updates.

We are both deeply saddend and stressed at how long it's taking. This is not a very active thread, no way they have a bunch of these kinds of apps there, I just don't get it...

Last edited:

Awy

Dec 5, 2018
This office is terribly slow.... Next week will be 11 months since transfer, file was first received by CIC over 14 months ago. My medicals also expire next week.

My wife just visited her local MP yesterday regarding how long this is taking and since the office has yet to reply to her inquiry from over 2 months ago. The rep there said they will contact LA either today or Monday to try and get updates.

We are both deeply saddend and stressed at how long it's taking. This is not a very active thread, no way they have a bunch of these kinds of apps there, I just don't get it...
Oh wow!! our file was transferred there on December 4th. Haven’t heard anything since then.. n I am a June applicant

Duemanshi

Star Member
May 27, 2018
MP rep called my wife back this morning, says she spoke to an officer at LA. Apparently, because my case is complicated they have not received all the other notes from another officer that was initially on our case. They said they will contact my MP again by early July with updates if not sooner. Seemed like a really vague reply without anything guaranteed to happen for at least two more months..

Last edited: