+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Los Angeles LVO INFO

doubledouble

May 22, 2018
I was a December 2017 applicant, transferred to LA in March or April 2018, and just received my CoPR on Monday May 6th, 2018.
I went straight to flagpole at Peace Bridge the next day, and did not have any issues,
Finally after almost 17 months I am done, just waiting for my PR card to come in the mail,

Good luck to everyone, it's a long wait but it will all happen eventually!

Reactions: Duemanshi

Duemanshi

Star Member
May 27, 2018
I was a December 2017 applicant, transferred to LA in March or April 2018, and just received my CoPR on Monday May 6th, 2018.
I went straight to flagpole at Peace Bridge the next day, and did not have any issues,
Finally after almost 17 months I am done, just waiting for my PR card to come in the mail,

Good luck to everyone, it's a long wait but it will all happen eventually!

Wow! Congratulations on finally getting through such a long process. Good luck with your new life in Canada

Riria

May 18, 2019
Application type: Outland
Applicant: Applicant is in US, but Philippine Citizen
Sponsor: Canadian Citizen
Application received date - Dec 4th, 2018
AOR 1: January 30th, 2019
MR: Feb 19th, 2019
SA: Feb 26th, 2019
Medical results received: March 17th, 2019
Application transferred to CPC-Mississauga: February 27th, 2019
AOR2: April 11th, 2019

April 2nd, 2019: Received notification from CPC-M that my file will be transferred to Los Angeles VO

Application transferred to Los Angeles VO: May 2nd, 2019

Haven’t heard back yet if the Medical exam passed.

chimaswifey

Mar 3, 2019
Application type: Outland
Applicant: Applicant is in US, but Philippine Citizen
Sponsor: Canadian Citizen
Application received date - Dec 4th, 2018
AOR 1: January 30th, 2019
MR: Feb 19th, 2019
SA: Feb 26th, 2019
Medical results received: March 17th, 2019
Application transferred to CPC-Mississauga: February 27th, 2019
AOR2: April 11th, 2019

April 2nd, 2019: Received notification from CPC-M that my file will be transferred to Los Angeles VO

Application transferred to Los Angeles VO: May 2nd, 2019

Haven’t heard back yet if the Medical exam passed.

Do you know why your application was transferred? How long have you known your spouse? Did you give pictures of the wedding? Was family at the wedding? How often did you visit your spouse before applying? Any red flags?

Sorry for all the questions. My husband and I are in the process of applying so we are trying to avoid the LAVO as much as possible. He is in the US on a visa but is not a US citizen.

Any feedback is greatly appreciated!

Riria

May 18, 2019
Do you know why your application was transferred? How long have you known your spouse? Did you give pictures of the wedding? Was family at the wedding? How often did you visit your spouse before applying? Any red flags?

Sorry for all the questions. My husband and I are in the process of applying so we are trying to avoid the LAVO as much as possible. He is in the US on a visa but is not a US citizen.

Any feedback is greatly appreciated!
Our lawyer said that it’s usually transferred to a VO closest to the PA. We’ve been together for 2 years. Her mother and aunt and a few of our friends were at our wedding, my family is in the Philippines so they couldn’t come. I don't have a tourist visa to canada. She visits me here atleast once a month.

What is your husband's status here? And your timeline.

chimaswifey

Mar 3, 2019
Our lawyer said that it’s usually transferred to a VO closest to the PA. We’ve been together for 2 years. Her mother and aunt and a few of our friends were at our wedding, my family is in the Philippines so they couldn’t come. I don't have a tourist visa to canada. She visits me here atleast once a month.

What is your husband's status here? And your timeline.
Okay thanks! Based on the conversations on this thread I think files are transferred to the LAVO if they have concerns about the application and will likely have an interview. But I don't see an interview would be required in your case. Your application seems good.

My husband is there on a tourist visa. What about you? We have not applied yet. We are planning to submit our application by the end of the month.

Miraclejj

Mar 10, 2017
Okay thanks! Based on the conversations on this thread I think files are transferred to the LAVO if they have concerns about the application and will likely have an interview. But I don't see an interview would be required in your case. Your application seems good.

My husband is there on a tourist visa. What about you? We have not applied yet. We are planning to submit our application by the end of the month.
So your husband is just visiting US, and that I don't think your file will be transferred to LAVO, and it will be transferred to the VO that process all applicants from his country of origin. In order for CIC considering by discretion to transfer files to applicants current residents' VO, other than the VO of applicants' country of origin, the applicant must be lived legally and consecutively of 12 months in the current country the applicant resides, before you submit the application. And even it is true, it is still up to CIC's discretion to transfer the files to or not to the VO of applicants' current residents country.

So, I believe your question isn't a question at all. Your husband's application will not be transferred and processed at LAVO. It will be transferred and processed to the VO of his Country of Origin.

Riria

May 18, 2019

I was here in the US under J1(internship)
visa before for one year, but filed to change status to B2(tourist) visa, and an extension to tourist visa after that to be closer to my spouse. I have been in the US for about 2 years now, with a pending extension to B2 visa application.

Is your husband planning to return to his home country after his tourist visa expires?

chimaswifey

Mar 3, 2019
I was here in the US under J1(internship)
visa before for one year, but filed to change status to B2(tourist) visa, and an extension to tourist visa after that to be closer to my spouse. I have been in the US for about 2 years now, with a pending extension to B2 visa application.

Is your husband planning to return to his home country after his tourist visa expires?
No, he's not planning on changing. He has been in the US for one year now and just filed to change his status to F1 so he can take some classes while we wait for his PR application process.

Romilpatel1

Dec 3, 2018
Another Los Angeles guy here!

Our outland spouse sponsorship (which was being processed in Mississauga) has now been transferred to Los Angeles. I am a Canadian citizen and I sponsored my wife (an international student of a Middle Eastern background.) Our application was going through the usual cycle but has now been transferred to Los Angeles. Neither of us are American or have lived in the US. So we are finding this transfer to be a bit odd.

Before the transfer to Los Angeles, IRCC requested a RCMP police check. Once we provided that, the file was transferred a few days later to Los Angeles. There is no criminality on the RCMP police check or any undeclared criminality.

So, we were wondering if anyone here is in a similar situation to us, or if any of the veterans of this forum have come across similar stories?
I have similar situations did you get anything update yet? 30May my file transfer to LVO. Please help. I am so worried.

Awy

Dec 5, 2018
I have similar situations did you get anything update yet? 30May my file transfer to LVO. Please help. I am so worried.
My file was transferred to LA visa office on December 4.2018 and we haven’t heard anything since then... and I’m a June 2018

Duemanshi

Star Member
May 27, 2018
Medical results went from passed to "You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes"

I guess that's related to my medicals expiring last month? Really hope I don't have to go through that again. Tomorrow marks one year since my file was transferred to LA, haven't had a single update since. Feb 2018 app.

gobbos

Nov 27, 2018
Medical results went from passed to "You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes"

I guess that's related to my medicals expiring last month? Really hope I don't have to go through that again. Tomorrow marks one year since my file was transferred to LA, haven't had a single update since. Feb 2018 app.
Same here. Medical went to "You do not need a medical exam" after it expired. Been 7 months for us now. I guess LA wait times are getting worse.