+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Los Angeles LVO INFO

Rosanna123

Star Member
May 24, 2019
Anyone going through Los Angeles LVO and have any info on processing times/trends for that office :(......My file was received by them on Jan 6th I believe.....transferred from Mississauga on Dec 26th

24 May - App received
19 Jul - AOR1
30 NOV- ECAS IP
30 NOV- AOR2
23 JUL - SA
30 NOV - BGC IP

MEDS PASSED.
Hi,
I am in a similar situation. My file got transfered to Los Angeles. Did they called you for an interview?How was the interview?

Duemanshi

Star Member
May 27, 2018
Hi,
I am in a similar situation. My file got transfered to Los Angeles. Did they called you for an interview?How was the interview?
According to this thread, no one has been called to an interview since last September, honestly don't know what's going on at this office. Their emails say they processes applications in the order they receive them. A few people in this thread had applications here for over 10 months before they finally got their PPR. My file was transferred to LA over a year ago, haven't had any updates since. I'm a Feb 2018 applicant that had Sponsorship approval and medicals passed before the transfer.

Hope you wont have to wait as long but I guess it's best to prepare for a potential long delay, I'm not the only one in this thread that has been stuck in LA for over a year now. Definitely order your notes if you haven't already.

They really need to get in gear as more applications keep getting sent to the office but hardly any are moving.

Last edited:

Rosanna123

Star Member
May 24, 2019
According to this thread, no one has been called to an interview since last September, honestly don't know what's going on at this office. Their emails say they processes applications in the order they receive them. A few people in this thread had applications here for over 10 months before they finally got their PPR. My file was transferred to LA over a year ago, haven't had any updates since. I'm a Feb 2018 applicant that had Sponsorship approval and medicals passed before the transfer.

Hope you wont have to wait as long but I guess it's best to prepare for a potential long delay, I'm not the only one in this thread that has been stuck in LA for over a year now. Definitely order your notes if you haven't already.

They really need to get in gear as more applications keep getting sent to the office but hardly any are moving.
This is really depressing. I was so happy when it was transferred to Mississauga, then they dropped the news. I hope they do the processing soon and make all our lives easier.

Reactions: Duemanshi

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
This is really depressing. I was so happy when it was transferred to Mississauga, then they dropped the news. I hope they do the processing soon and make all our lives easier.
Remember that the estimated processing time is 12 months. Things happen quickly at the beginning and then there are months where you hear nothing.

Rosanna123

Star Member
May 24, 2019
Remember that the estimated processing time is 12 months. Things happen quickly at the beginning and then there are months where you hear nothing.
Out of curiosity, If the processing time is more than the estimated completion time, Do we have aright to request an explanation? or we just have to wait? In my case it says the remaining processing time is 9 months.

Rosanna123

Star Member
May 24, 2019
Just wanted to update everyone that we received the pre-arrival services letter today. 7 months after file going to LA. No interview or additional requests (yet?). Dec 2017 applicant.
Your medical is still valid right?? I am wondering if they takes really long time to process our application and meanwhile our medicals expires. Do they really ask for another medical? Or they waive that process?

gobbos

Nov 27, 2018
Your medical is still valid right?? I am wondering if they takes really long time to process our application and meanwhile our medicals expires. Do they really ask for another medical? Or they waive that process?
Medical is expired actually. I assume they would ask for another one if all else is good

Rosanna123

Star Member
May 24, 2019
Medical is expired actually. I assume they would ask for another one if all else is good
Let’s hope for the best and they might waive that. Since you have received the pre- arrival services letter, next will be passport request. Can you update us on the expiry of your COPR and one time entry visa once you receive your passport back?All the best..

Reactions: gobbos

Duemanshi

Star Member
May 27, 2018
Just wanted to update everyone that we received the pre-arrival services letter today. 7 months after file going to LA. No interview or additional requests (yet?). Dec 2017 applicant.
That's fantastic news. Do you know if your BGC has started? Sometimes they won't start that till after eligibility passes/ Pre arrival is sent out.

gobbos

Nov 27, 2018
That's fantastic news. Do you know if your BGC has started? Sometimes they won't start that till after eligibility passes/ Pre arrival is sent out.
BCG is at "We are processing your background check." Its been like that for months though. Nothing really has changed since we got the pre-arrival letter. Will keep you updated.