+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMIA & work permit processing

Pilipinas16

Jan 30, 2019
Hi everyone, Happy New Year. My employer applied for LMIA last August 2018, and still no result up to now. Does it take long? has anyone had the same experience as mine, my employer already applied me as a domestic worker before she applied LMIA. I submitted my work application via jobbank canada.
That seems too long

DrCheema

Aug 13, 2018
My employer want to apply LIMA for me at NOC code 1241 office admin assistance Is this NOC code suitable to apply to get approval or any other suggestion. Please help me friends.
Hi
I am also applying for the same
Which province are you applying ??

Feb 12, 2019
I

i got my LMIA already and preparing my documents for work permit which i think a big problem as they want a recent experience in caregiving or nanny and they are looking for a contract and visa copy stating that im a nanny. i have experience as a nanny but it is just a partime job, i also have an experience in my home country but its long long time back,

now i think my agent will not continue my work permit because of that issue.
if i got approved LMIA than what next step required ....like my employer says first it has to convert in your name than we can apply for work permit.
how long it will take to issue the work permit and how much investment required....i am asking becoz my agent says i will do.

Lorie@030486

Star Member
May 1, 2018
if i got approved LMIA than what next step required ....like my employer says first it has to convert in your name than we can apply for work permit.
how long it will take to issue the work permit and how much investment required....i am asking becoz my agent says i will do.

hi, for me after getting my LMIA, my agent contacted me to submit all my documents for work permit application.

Ph_QC

Mar 12, 2019
Hi. My consultant already informed me about my positive LMIA 10 days ago. He said it will be sent thru my email, but until now I havent received any. When will I expect it?

sksk

May 14, 2014
same as yours caregiver/nanny but im applying from UAE through an agent in canada
Hello dear,
I am also planning to apply from UAE. my employer said I need proof of payment. since i get paid by cash, i dont have any pay slip to provide. how did you apply ( with the employment contact and the letter from the employer?) Please advise. thank you.

sksk

May 14, 2014
I

i got my LMIA already and preparing my documents for work permit which i think a big problem as they want a recent experience in caregiving or nanny and they are looking for a contract and visa copy stating that im a nanny. i have experience as a nanny but it is just a partime job, i also have an experience in my home country but its long long time back,

now i think my agent will not continue my work permit because of that issue.
Hi Dear,

What happened with your application? did you apply for work permit or wait for to get contact?
Please let me know.

Cdaize

Jun 23, 2018
Hi everyone,

I am from Nigeria and I did my biometric and paid for my work permit visa @Vfs office here in Nigeria on 16th May 2018. On 17th May 2018, I receive a mail (Your application W3033***** has been updated). Another mail came in on 14th June 2018 stated that (Your application W3033***** has been updated). On 14th July 2018 (There have been no updates on your application W3033*****) since you last checked your account.

Now my questions are; How many months does it going to take Vfs in processing a WP
It shouldn't take this long, max should be 14 to 16 weeks for visa stamping in Lagos.

Lorie@030486

Star Member
May 1, 2018
It shouldn't take this long, max should be 14 to 16 weeks for visa stamping in Lagos.

Hi, what is written in the updates??

Because for me I got an update after 3 months I submitted my documents. Other than first update the my documents is submitted, the update was they are requesting for medical, next passport request

Robelie

Apr 30, 2019
Hi,

Congratulations on the positive LMIA. Once it is approved, your employer will give you a copy of that so you can submit it along with your work permit application. If you are inside Canada, don't go back to the Philippines because the immigration there will require you more documents from you before you can leave like POLO, OWWA, etc if I am not mistaken. So I guess you have to go to the nearest border to get your work permit? I hope I am right. Experts in this forum will help you more on that :)

I am also from the Philippines and now PR and I am applying for an LMIA too for a relative who can take care of my child and just started advertising, may I know what NOC is your future job here please?

Thanks and GODBLESS
Hi, IM new here but needing all your INFO s and advises....please
Me and my husband were from the Philippines, we enter Canada as Tourist with a visitor SINGLE ENTRY visa expired last december 2018. BUT we got a status Extension valid until november 2019. WE DONT HAVE A US VISA. My husband got a job offer with a possitive LMIA.

Questions:
1. Is he allowed to apply for his work permit at the Port of Entry using Flagpole application? Or he needs to Go back to the Philippines and apply there for a work permit?
2. IF we Will be applying at the border, are we allowed to re enter Canada since our visa was expired but with valid status of stay and we are single entry?
3. Can we apply together, work permit for my husband and open work permit for me at the border?
4. Does Flagpoling a good idea for US?

Thanks

maba

Star Member
May 21, 2014
Hi,
My employer has applied for LMiA in November 2018. No answer until now. Can any body advise that if it takes that long.

maba

Star Member
May 21, 2014
My employer just got positive LMiA.
I'm foreign national in USA. I was wondering if I need Canadian visitor or I can just go to the border and ask for work permit.