+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMIA & work permit processing

nylyor

Feb 15, 2018
I would like to know how long will it takes to process the LMiA and work permit?

My employer already submitted and done posting the advertisement on job bank last Dec 15. Last Monday, Feb. 5, 2018 my employer advised me that the officer already called him that the lmia is already approved. When is the possible arrival of the hardcopy confirming my lmia approved to apply dor a work permit?

I am inside canada and holding a visit visa. Is it possible to exit to Philippines to get my work permit? Thank you.

Reactions: Lorie@030486

dustincarlisle

Apr 30, 2014
Canada
I would like to know how long will it takes to process the LMiA and work permit?

My employer already submitted and done posting the advertisement on job bank last Dec 15. Last Monday, Feb. 5, 2018 my employer advised me that the officer already called him that the lmia is already approved. When is the possible arrival of the hardcopy confirming my lmia approved to apply dor a work permit?

I am inside canada and holding a visit visa. Is it possible to exit to Philippines to get my work permit? Thank you.
Hi,

Congratulations on the positive LMIA. Once it is approved, your employer will give you a copy of that so you can submit it along with your work permit application. If you are inside Canada, don't go back to the Philippines because the immigration there will require you more documents from you before you can leave like POLO, OWWA, etc if I am not mistaken. So I guess you have to go to the nearest border to get your work permit? I hope I am right. Experts in this forum will help you more on that :)

I am also from the Philippines and now PR and I am applying for an LMIA too for a relative who can take care of my child and just started advertising, may I know what NOC is your future job here please?

Thanks and GODBLESS

nylyor

Feb 15, 2018
Thank you for your reply. Front Service Supervisor.

How long does it take? When would I expect my LMiA paper to apply for my work permit? The officer just called the employer and approved over the phone. Thanks

MARCHIE

Jan 8, 2011
Vancouver ....Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC LONDON UK-----Transferred to PVO 7Feb 2013
NOC Code......
3152 ( Registered Nurse )
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26 May 2010
Doc's Request.
18 October 2010
Nomination.....
CHC London 15 Jan 2011...
AOR Received.
1st AOR 18 Oct 2010 / 2nd AOR 16 June 2011..
IELTS Request
All Done..
File Transfer...
PARIS OFFICE
Med's Request
13 March 2013
Med's Done....
10 April 2013
Interview........
Medicals Results Received 15 Aug 2013...
Passport Req..
29 Sep 2013 Submitted @ Abu Dhabi U.A.E
VISA ISSUED...
01 Oct 2013
LANDED..........
Celebrated White Christmas in Vancouver..2013.
Hi,

Congratulations on the positive LMIA. Once it is approved, your employer will give you a copy of that so you can submit it along with your work permit application. If you are inside Canada, don't go back to the Philippines because the immigration there will require you more documents from you before you can leave like POLO, OWWA, etc if I am not mistaken. So I guess you have to go to the nearest border to get your work permit? I hope I am right. Experts in this forum will help you more on that :)

I am also from the Philippines and now PR and I am applying for an LMIA too for a relative who can take care of my child and just started advertising, may I know what NOC is your future job here please?

Thanks and GODBLESS
I am also looking to apply for a nanny from INDIA as we both are nurses and need someone to t ake care of my kids...any advise should we go through an agent or can do it ourselves...plz advice...agent is asking almost most 4-5k $ and says there is no gurantee,

dustincarlisle

Apr 30, 2014
Canada
Thank you for your reply. Front Service Supervisor.

How long does it take? When would I expect my LMiA paper to apply for my work permit? The officer just called the employer and approved over the phone. Thanks
Hi,

Your employer should give you the copy of the approved LMIA so you can apply for a Work Permit. Contact your employer and told him/her to let you know once she received the approved LMIA in the mail.

Goodluck on your next step :)

dustincarlisle

Apr 30, 2014
Canada
I am also looking to apply for a nanny from INDIA as we both are nurses and need someone to t ake care of my kids...any advise should we go through an agent or can do it ourselves...plz advice...agent is asking almost most 4-5k $ and says there is no gurantee,
Hi,

Either you do it yourself or you hire an agent to do all the paperworks, there is still no assurance that everything will go as planned. I am doing all the paperworks myself, just visit IRCC's website.

Here is the website, you can start from here:
https://www.canada.ca/en/employment-social-development/services/foreign-workers/caregiver.html

Goodluck :)

Lorie@030486

Star Member
May 1, 2018

Hi,
im new here, i also got my a message from my employer that my LMIA was already approved last week and they said that they send it this week. Do you have idea what are the requirement for applying the work permit or what will be the next step after LMIA.

Luckyhari

May 1, 2018
Hi
I applied for a work permit application with LIMA from India as Nanny.my file submitted on 20jan 2018 ....there is no response for this process till date...

Please tell me how much time they will take to final decision.
Thank you

Lorie@030486

Star Member
May 1, 2018
Hi
I applied for a work permit application with LIMA from India as Nanny.my file submitted on 20jan 2018 ....there is no response for this process till date...

Please tell me how much time they will take to final decision.
Thank you
Hi,
for LMIA application the advertisement is needed first which will take 3 months maximum i think, then the LMIA application will take 3-6 months but it also depend. In my case since September 2017 im applying but there are a lot of additional requirements needed and my employer is always busy to take time for may application that's the reason it takes a lot of time. Just have patient to wait.

Luckyhari

May 1, 2018
I Have already a positive lmia from a Canadian employers. I applied a work permit application to cic .my work permit application applied a Canadian agent. My applications passed 102 days .till no response

Lorie@030486

Star Member
May 1, 2018
I Have already a positive lmia from a Canadian employers. I applied a work permit application to cic .my work permit application applied a Canadian agent. My applications passed 102 days .till no response
what position are you applying for and from which country are you,... i also have a friend waiting for work permit the other 1 took 3 months to approve and the other one its morethan 1 month already.

Lorie@030486

Star Member
May 1, 2018
I applied for a nanny care giver work permit. I am from India.
this is the most stressful part, "the waiting". be positive and keep praying. cic called my employer that my LMIA is already approved and this week the will send the certificate but till now my employer haven't receive it.