+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMIA application processing time?

zazen

Jan 27, 2015
Cter said:
I've been asking my prospective HR manager for more then one year, since they said they applied for lmia.
HR manager has been asking a lawyer for the same time. I hope that lawyer in their turn has been requesting SC about my app status - every once in a while at least.
The result of all this is one: Application is in process...

Ontario, Noc: 2174, APPLIED: September, 2014

So, Zarf I wish you to arm yourself with patience. All this limbo is sucks, thought.

Good luck.
@Cter that's harsh. It's 18th week in progress for me, i can only imagine how a year long wait can feel. BTW is your position still being advertised on Job Bank?

Sunshinegirl_X

Star Member
Mar 22, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/07/2015
Cter said:
I've been asking my prospective HR manager for more then one year, since they said they applied for lmia.
HR manager has been asking a lawyer for the same time. I hope that lawyer in their turn has been requesting SC about my app status - every once in a while at least.
The result of all this is one: Application is in process...

Ontario, Noc: 2174, APPLIED: September, 2014

So, Zarf I wish you to arm yourself with patience. All this limbo is sucks, thought.

Good luck.
Do you at least have a file number? Did they say?

Cter

Mar 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sunshinegirl_X said:
Do you at least have a file number? Did they say?
@ Sunshinegirl_X once this spring I asked my HR about that - and got a reply from my representative - a member of lawyer company serving my prospective employer. It was a 7-digit number. without any letters. like 0678495. does this look like a credible one? Probably anyone who has already got that file number could assure me.

zazen said:
@ Cter that's harsh. It's 18th week in progress for me, i can only imagine how a year long wait can feel. BTW is your position still being advertised on Job Bank?
@ zazen, yes I created a profile and put my resume/cover letter to advertisement pool. But recently just was unable to login there (https://employers.jobbank.gc.ca/commun-common/Connexion-Login-eng.aspx), have: "The User ID or Password you entered is incorrect." Tried reset password form and had: "The password recovery process has failed. Please contact your provincial/territorial Job Bank representatives." Post them via request form asking them for either letting me in ore reset my password or migrate my profile into the new job bank system. No reply since last weekend. Another sucker story.

In general my work permit story is odd enough.
I've been working as a remote contractor for a Canadian company for a few last years. In summer 2013 we came to the agreement with my boss we're going towards to lmia/work permit/etc. In September 2013 i filled out all the forms for lmia app and pinged my boss asking for any update, he asked my HR and it turned out that my forms (not papers but just email attachments) was lost somwhere in the middle 0O.
I resent that and started to be pinging my HR once in a while. They always replied that my app is in process without any details and only in April-May 2014 I knew that was only company application phase (fin reports/advertising/preparing their forms/ etc.) 0O again ))
As I got my app was sent to HRSDC only in September 2014. finally.
Somewhere in March (this year) I decided to find out my company might've probably been kinda cheating me and asked a few specific questions related just to my app (noc/date of app/filenum/ etc.). My HR forwarded that list to a lawyer and I then I got a supposedly real file number. That's why I'm so interested is that format of number credible or not.

So, long story short, actually I've been waiting in limbo for more than 2 years by today. Still harassing my HR, having the same 'in process' replies and don't know is this option gonna turn into smth real or not. Prepairing for IELTS to apply for EE. Having all the necessary docs prepared (forms/credential assessment/police record) excepting IELTS passing scores. On the other hand don't rely on EE so much without those 600 points I might get from arrangement job aspect.

If something changes in my status - will post into this thread.

Sunshinegirl_X

Star Member
Mar 22, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/07/2015
Cter said:
@ Sunshinegirl_X once this spring I asked my HR about that - and got a reply from my representative - a member of lawyer company serving my prospective employer. It was a 7-digit number. without any letters. like 0678495. does this look like a credible one? Probably anyone who has already got that file number could assure me.
All I can tell you is mine is also a 7 digit number #13*****.

Can you not apply through Canadian Experience CLass for PR as you have over 1 years experience.

Cter

Mar 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sunshinegirl_X said:
All I can tell you is mine is also a 7 digit number #13*****.
This sounds reassuring for me ) To know someone else has filenum alike to mine. Thanks!!!
What province have you applied for?
You haven't received any service canada reply, right?

Sunshinegirl_X said:
Can you not apply through Canadian Experience CLass for PR as you have over 1 years experience.
Unfortunately I can't. I'm remote worker providing my services to my company from outside Canada.

Sunshinegirl_X

Star Member
Mar 22, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/07/2015
Cter said:
This sounds reassuring for me ) To know someone else has filenum alike to mine. Thanks!!!
What province have you applied for?
You haven't received any service canada reply, right?

Unfortunately I can't. I'm remote worker providing my services to my company from outside Canada.
It's for Calgary Alberta. As its for duel intent EE the application is in St John's. So far they only have a file number. Application was nearly 12 weeks ago they are confident they will get phone interview soon. The company has applied for 2 lmia that I know of. Mine and someone for Edmonton salon.
I'm emailing them tonight to see if any news. I mail them about once a fortnight.

Cter

Mar 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sunshinegirl_X said:
It's for Calgary Alberta. As its for duel intent EE the application is in St John's. So far they only have a file number. Application was nearly 12 weeks ago they are confident they will get phone interview soon. The company has applied for 2 lmia that I know of. Mine and someone for Edmonton salon.
I'm emailing them tonight to see if any news. I mail them about once a fortnight.
Is there any correlation between the type of lmia (dual intent/regular) and the processing center?
I'm gonna find out what type my employer has applied soon, but if I have a regular lmia can I enclose that into EE package. Or can't? Why?

jaybakerca

Jul 30, 2014
Sunshinegirl_X said:
My friend is 2 weeks behind you, their lawyer said it will be a few more weeks so you should be coming to the end. Fingers crossed for you.

Zarf

Sep 26, 2015
Cter said:
So, long story short, actually I've been waiting in limbo for more than 2 years by today.
2 years is a hell of a time! I wish you have a positive answer soon @Cter.

It's the same thing for me in the past year, all that I hear is "your application is in process...". At this point its hard to know if the company is really having a hard time to get information and push things to make it happen or if they are not really trying.

I'm waiting for an answer from the lawyers until the end of the week, will keep you guys updated when I receive it

zazen

Jan 27, 2015
Zarf said:
2 years is a hell of a time! I wish you have a positive answer soon @ Cter.

It's the same thing for me in the past year, all that I hear is "your application is in process...". At this point its hard to know if the company is really having a hard time to get information and push things to make it happen or if they are not really trying.

I'm waiting for an answer from the lawyers until the end of the week, will keep you guys updated when I receive it
@Zarf @Cter if your Employer is still actively pursuing your LMIA, they should have the position advertised on Job Bank till a decision is made on your LMIA application. If you know your employers/company name ( query the Job Bank and see if your position comes up. If it doesn't your priority should be to get your employer to get it active. One job bank registration is valid only for 4 months or so, to keep the posting active your employer should create a new one, downtime for transition is usually 3 or 5 days and that's acceptable by SC. Concurrent Job advertising on Job Bank is a requirement and failure to do so in most times can result in rejection.

Sunshinegirl_X

Star Member
Mar 22, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/07/2015
jaybakerca said:
My friend is 2 weeks behind you, their lawyer said it will be a few more weeks so you should be coming to the end. Fingers crossed for you.
God I hope so. I was offered this job in Aug 2014 and through stupidity of the first immigration consultant it all got messed up but it's all working now.
I've emailed them today so let's see what they say. Birthday Saturday so would be nice to get a gift from Canada. ;D

Harpreet88kaur

Star Member
Jun 29, 2013
Sarnia, ON
Visa Office......
Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
22-08-2013
I need help for Lmia or any lawyer who can support me

Hi guys,

I m in such situation packed from all side with no option left. Always been guided wrongly from consultants. My visa and work permit is expired and as per one consultant I should apply for study permit to maintain my status in Canada and according to him I don't have to study again we can give excuse to college that I will start studying from next semester so in this way I can get hold of 6 months to stay in Canada.

I m been screwed by all these fake consultants. If any of you know the lawyer who can arrange lmia in Toronto please let me know , I will be glad if you guys can help me

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Re: I need help for Lmia or any lawyer who can support me

Harpreet88kaur said:
Hi guys,

I m in such situation packed from all side with no option left. Always been guided wrongly from consultants. My visa and work permit is expired and as per one consultant I should apply for study permit to maintain my status in Canada and according to him I don't have to study again we can give excuse to college that I will start studying from next semester so in this way I can get hold of 6 months to stay in Canada.

I m been screwed by all these fake consultants. If any of you know the lawyer who can arrange lmia in Toronto please let me know , I will be glad if you guys can help me
Don't listen to the lawyer who is saying you can delay studying for six months. If you fail to attend school for 90 days or more your study permit will be automatically canceled.

If you are looking for an LMIA - you should be searching for jobs with employers directly. Anyone who is offering to arrange an LMIA for you in exchange for money is most likely scamming you.

sandra02

Mar 1, 2015
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
16 07 2017
Med's Done....
April 2017
Cter, our file number is also 7 digits without any letter. We got positive LMIA in 30 business day,on the last week. I really do not understand why people have to wait for a year.

Harpreet88kaur

Star Member
Jun 29, 2013
Sarnia, ON
Visa Office......
Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
22-08-2013
Tons of thanx for ur feedback .. To b honest i m lost with no hope left i m trying all possible options but 2 times i have been misguided by consultants and employer ...I couldn't find employer who can provide lmia if u guys can help me regarding this pls let me know ..if anyone of u can inbox me lawyer contact information or employer who is ready to help pla let me know .. I m standing at dead end!