+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMIA application processing time?

Cter

Mar 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys!

So is ongoing election gonna change anything in immigration policy in part of temporary workers aspect? What do think?

immshunli

Star Member
Jan 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Cter said:
Hi guys!

So is ongoing election gonna change anything in immigration policy in part of temporary workers aspect? What do think?
No matter who would win, the policy wouldn't change dramatically in the first one or two years.

AngusBastion

Oct 14, 2015
Hi All,

My company submitted LMIA application on 2015-09-01.

NOC: 2175-A (Web Developer)

Wage: 18.36 $/h (looking at the jobbank it falls under low wage category)

Today I asked my boss to call processing center, because we did not receive file number. After small interview we received 7 digit number and they said it may take up to 5 months from today to get the answer.

My boss got called on 2015-10-15 for the interview. Stupid thing was to post one of job ads on the kijiji because Service Canada agent is saying that we might need to redo whole thing again.
Welp cheap people pay twice.

Sunshinegirl_X

Star Member
Mar 22, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/07/2015
AngusBastion said:
Hi All,

Today I asked my boss to call processing center, because we did not receive file number. After small interview we received 7 digit number and they said it may take up to 5 months from today to get the answer.

My boss got called on 2015-10-15 for the interview. Stupid thing was to post one of job ads on the kijiji because Service Canada agent is saying that we might need to redo whole thing again.
5 months. :eek: :eek:

Can I ask what processing centre.

I'm not sure if I understood correctly. One of the adverts was on Kijii and now you might have to 're apply as its not one of the accepted placements. Is that correct?

Sunshinegirl_X

Star Member
Mar 22, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/07/2015
14 weeks today and ............nothing

More waiting

Anybody got any news yet?

jaybakerca

Jul 30, 2014
Just to give you all an update. My friend received an update today and i like to keep everyone up to date, this is what the email said.

Hello ********,

There are currently 3 files ahead of SF#8159460 waiting for assessment. I should be able to reach your file by next week.
I will be in touch if there is anything further I require.

Have a good weekend,

Program Officer, Temporary Foreign Worker Program
Service Canada / Government of Canada

Now, i do believe that this is the final assessment as the company have already been contacted twice for more information/interview.

contacted once in august and again in september.

i believe his original application was sent off on july 20th.

jaybakerca

Jul 30, 2014
AngusBastion said:
Hi All,

Kijii is not a suitable term of advertisement, i have heard of cases having to be resubmitted because of this very reason.

Sunshinegirl_X

Star Member
Mar 22, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/07/2015
jaybakerca said:
Just to give you all an update. My friend received an update today and i like to keep everyone up to date, this is what the email said.

Hello ********,

There are currently 3 files ahead of SF#8159460 waiting for assessment. I should be able to reach your file by next week.

Have a good weekend,

Now, i do believe that this is the final assessment as the company have already been contacted twice for more information/interview.

Fantastic news for your friend. I hope it's good news. I wish I knew more on mine.

AngusBastion

Oct 14, 2015
Sunshinegirl_X said:
5 months. :eek: :eek:

Can I ask what processing centre.

I'm not sure if I understood correctly. One of the adverts was on Kijii and now you might have to 're apply as its not one of the accepted placements. Is that correct?
Yes one of the job adverts were on kijiji and because it is not a job board but classified we may need to redo all application again. Well my boss is headhunter maybe he will be able to sweet-talk this thing.

Saint John, New Brunswick processing center. I used this center because we applied for 'Hiring Skilled Workers and Supporting their Permanent Residence'.

I guess 5 months is just what they usually say when asked how long it will take. Like with all government organization they will not do anything unless someone calls them and forces them to work.
Like other members said ask your boss to bug them every 2-3 weeks.

Oh well time to send documents for visitors visa extension and redo application.

Sunshinegirl_X

Star Member
Mar 22, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/07/2015
jaybakerca said:

Hello ********,

Have a good weekend,

Does your friends employer bug them or is this a standard letter they received.

jaybakerca

Jul 30, 2014
Sunshinegirl_X said:
Does your friends employer bug them or is this a standard letter they received.
Lawyer bugs then I believe. As well as the employer.

This is also for PR and Work permit so it's dual intent.

When did you last hear about yours?

Sunshinegirl_X

Star Member
Mar 22, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/07/2015
jaybakerca said:
Lawyer bugs then I believe. As well as the employer.

This is also for PR and Work permit so it's dual intent.

When did you last hear about yours?
Same here dual intent. I last got an email 2 weeks ago saying no news yet. I will email again next week. I email every 2 weeks.
It's so frustrating.

jaybakerca

Jul 30, 2014
Sunshinegirl_X said:
Same here dual intent. I last got an email 2 weeks ago saying no news yet. I will email again next week. I email every 2 weeks.
It's so frustrating.

Yeah I remember all too well from when I applied for mine, they lost my application twice and they changed the forms on me, twice.

Took from like the beginning of July until November 15th.

I never wanna go through that again.