+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMIA application processing time?

Marooned

Nov 14, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,
Does anyone know how many LMIA has been issued during the past years(e.g. 2013,2014)?

kik4

Sep 20, 2014
Hello everyone, someone remember me?

kik4 said:
Just got email from my employer, my LMIA application is REFUSED :(
Reasons: * You have not demonstrated sufficient efforts to hire Canadians in the occupations
* All advertisements must include the location of work and business adress
* All advertisement must include benefits package being offered

Explanation from my lawyer: The decision to reject, especially in relation to work address and business address is part of a shift in processing policy that has recently come about. The business address requirement in the advertising used to be met by satisfying the Officer that there would be no confusion as to where the employment was located

My timeline:

NOC: 7311 - Mobile scale Mechanic/Technican
Wage: 30.00$
Province: Alberta

LMIA application sent via Xpresspost: October 17
File number and charged: October 22
Refusal: November 24
Now you probably do :)

So this time everything that has led to refusal was corrected (advertisement), and this time even less people with necessary experience has been applied for a position. My employer just gave me info that they are on a 2nd revision of transition plan and that they are working with SC to approve training program.
Has anyone have similar experience? I do not know what to think, is this news are good or bad? My nerves are damaged pretty bad as I am struggling to obtain lmia since may 2014

Timeline:
So new LMIA application was sent via Xpresspost on January 15
File number and charged: Dunno exactly
Working with SC Canada on 2nd revision of Transition Plan: January 29

johnny123

Aug 18, 2012
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
18-10-2016
Med's Done....
10-12-2016 passed
Passport Req..
25-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2017
LANDED..........
19-04-2017
Couldn't your employer choose to do only one activity, as in, to help you obtain PR?

saracunity

Feb 2, 2015
Hi friends,

I need your help immediate. I paid some money to broker (Agent) for job in Canada. Money paid on end of August-2014. He explained the procedure of TWP Canada ( First advertisement, 2nd LMO application, 3rd positive or negative LMO, 4th Visa application ). Then he also mentioned this process can take maximum 6 months and said he transferred the money to Canada what he got from me.

From September until now in between this time he said my LMO was applied and in process ( I haven't note down the date he mentioned around oct. 2014).

Starting from October almost 4 months whenever I call him he says no update and LMO in progress. He says he want to speak to the employer in Canada but he not giving any update on this process.

How to check LMO was really applied and in process? Any proof shows application for LMO?

Please help me on this issue!!!

Thanks

ntwkengg

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ask that guy to give you that mail from SC that contains file number for your LMIA. Also ask that guy to call SC call center number for status update on your LMIA. And try to remain in contact with that person and ask him to call SC once a week.

Hope it works and you get positive LMIA soon.

ntwkengg

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Only employer can get update on LMIA. As it is applied by employer and not by you. So you have to urge them to give you updates and call SC.
There is no way for us to check processing time.

veteran

Jun 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi shifted to colombo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-12-2014
Doc's Request.
PCC RPRF 08-10-2015
Nomination.....
PER 25-3-2015
AOR Received.
18-5-2015
IELTS Request
REDO 24-12-2015
Med's Request
09-10-2015
Med's Done....
15-10-2015
Passport Req..
11-4-2016
LANDED..........
my brother got LMO letter from quebec ...he got packing job in food company......

he applied on 3rd jan...received lmo on 29th jan

is this a genuine lmo ????

irishIan

Star Member
Apr 10, 2013
veteran said:
my brother got LMO letter from quebec ...he got packing job in food company......

he applied on 3rd jan...received lmo on 29th jan

is this a genuine lmo ????
I doubt it. The LMO are no longer available and is replaced by LMIA. He may have got an LMIA file number but it seems they can take anywhere from 3-7 months

ButterflyChemist

Jun 24, 2014
irishIan said:
I doubt it. The LMO are no longer available and is replaced by LMIA. He may have got an LMIA file number but it seems they can take anywhere from 3-7 months
Your brother cannot apply for the LMO/LMIA only the employer can apply.

Tubilai

Sep 18, 2013
jaybakerca said:
Crazy how they are giving out LMIA's for Chefs but IT and software developers or mechanical engineering, they aren't...strange BUT!! THATS AWESOME FOR YOU, congrats buddy :)
http://www.esdc.gc.ca/eng/jobs/foreign_workers/lmo_statistics/quarterly-top-occs.shtml

Hariboy

Star Member
Sep 30, 2013
I have been working here since Sept. 2013 as a civil engineer. Now I want LMIA for my PR application under EE. So my employer has started the process by advertising on 4 job sites. But all of them are free job sites. careerowl.com, allstarjobs.com, activehire.com and ofcourse the Job Bank. Any idea if my approval would be bleak for any reason?

irishIan

Star Member
Apr 10, 2013
Hariboy said:
I have been working here since Sept. 2013 as a civil engineer. Now I want LMIA for my PR application under EE. So my employer has started the process by advertising on 4 job sites. But all of them are free job sites. careerowl.com, allstarjobs.com, activehire.com and ofcourse the Job Bank. Any idea if my approval would be bleak for any reason?
The Job bank must be up until the decision is made. Also, it must have the company address, phone, benefits, wages ect...very detailed. The others do not have to stay up for the full duration, only job bank.

Also, your employer will be asked for some type of action plan to hire Canadians for the job.

I would suggest getting your employer to hire a consultant just in case.

Tubilai

Sep 18, 2013
Hariboy said:
If you've been working with a valid LMO/LMIA then you could apply under Canadian Experience Class. I haven't read much about it but I don't think advertisement is a requirement. Advertising is one of the requirements for LMIA.

Read this page: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/cec/apply-who.asp

Use the Come to Canada tool and see what are the requirements: http://www.cic.gc.ca/ctc-vac/ee-start.asp

And good information from the Law firm that runs this forum: http://www.cicnews.com/2014/11/canadian-experience-class-applications-refused-114114.html

Hariboy

Star Member
Sep 30, 2013
What is meant by an action plan? Any idea?
irishIan said:
The Job bank must be up until the decision is made. Also, it must have the company address, phone, benefits, wages ect...very detailed. The others do not have to stay up for the full duration, only job bank.

Also, your employer will be asked for some type of action plan to hire Canadians for the job.

I would suggest getting your employer to hire a consultant just in case.