September 16, 2015
AOR Received.
January 11, 2016
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
August 23, 2016 - OTTAWA
Med's Request
June 30, 2016 (but I did upfront prior - June 21)
Med's Done....
June 21, 2016
Passport Req..
December 15, 2016
LANDED..........
22-12-2012 - INLAND
Realben said:
Thanks Jovie! :)
That's what I thought too. Service Canada started to ask my employer for additional information 3weeks ago. I thought it would take a few days but I'm still waiting...
In the meantime, one of my colleagues got his LMIA.
You will get it TODAY or anytime this week :) they are awake and working on pendings (Isuppose) we all want to be worry free and ease this anxiousness..

dotpat17

Oct 27, 2014
Good Stuff Jovie!
Believe you were in BC? Or I may be wrong?!

Anyway, still waiting myself!
Goodtimes. NOT EVEN! :(

Since file applied, literally have not recieved/heard anything about it?!

NOC 2232
BC

Salil2013

Star Member
Nov 21, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LMIA Rejected,

After long wait like 5 months, they have decided to reject the application, because we have enough software people to work on.

here is my time line,

NOC 2174
applied on 12 March 2014 returned on 21 August 2014, reason for returned was, you have to switch to LMIA Forms, because you have used LMO forms.

Again applied on 23 August 2014 rejected on 27th of Jan 2015, and meanwhile they asked me so many paper as they pretended that they are proceeding towards approval, but we can't trust :(

kjg09

Star Member
Dec 8, 2014
Salil2013 said:
LMIA Rejected,

After long wait like 5 months, they have decided to reject the application, because we have enough software people to work on.

here is my time line,

NOC 2174
applied on 12 March 2014 returned on 21 August 2014, reason for returned was, you have to switch to LMIA Forms, because you have used LMO forms.

Again applied on 23 August 2014 rejected on 27th of Jan 2015, and meanwhile they asked me so many paper as they pretended that they are proceeding towards approval, but we can't trust :(
omg.. sorry to hear that bad news.. Did they really said this: because we have enough software people to work on?? I feel scared now.. :eek:

Salil2013

Star Member
Nov 21, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kjg09 said:
omg.. sorry to hear that bad news.. Did they really said this: because we have enough software people to work on?? I feel scared now.. :eek:

yes, they are ruthless, I was waiting like mad, they were asking documents and I was providing them through my employer, I was under impression that they are heading towards positive side, but no, they gave us rejection , if they know that they have more software people in Canada, then why they asked for more additional documents? reject it right away man , they were just beating around the bush.

Jovie

Sep 24, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 21, 2015
Doc's Request.
June 16, 2016
Nomination.....
September 16, 2015
AOR Received.
January 11, 2016
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
August 23, 2016 - OTTAWA
Med's Request
Med's Done....
June 21, 2016
Passport Req..
December 15, 2016
LANDED..........
22-12-2012 - INLAND
dotpat17 said:
Good Stuff Jovie!
Believe you were in BC? Or I may be wrong?!

Anyway, still waiting myself!
Goodtimes. NOT EVEN! :(

Since file applied, literally have not recieved/heard anything about it?!

NOC 2232
BC
I am from Saskatchewan, I am positive that you will hear a good news very soon and a positive LMIA :) worth the wait Buddy..

Jovie

Sep 24, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 21, 2015
Doc's Request.
June 16, 2016
Nomination.....
September 16, 2015
AOR Received.
January 11, 2016
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
August 23, 2016 - OTTAWA
Med's Request
Med's Done....
June 21, 2016
Passport Req..
December 15, 2016
LANDED..........
22-12-2012 - INLAND
Salil2013 said:
LMIA Rejected,

here is my time line,

NOC 2174

OH MY!!! so sorry about the rejection :( speechless.........

copper

Jan 11, 2015
really sorry salil,
its speechless, i can see ur actual waiting time i.e. 10 months ... this is really bad... i can imagine your position buddy, i am asking every single day from my employer that if he received call from SC, and you waited all that long to hear a negative response...
really bad ... no words Brother...

tidelander

Star Member
Jan 7, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dotpat17 said:
Hey Mate,
Could not tell you at all - as your dates are exactly the same as mine, and I am waiting as well (BC)
My NOC code though is 2232 - Mechanical Engineering Technologists
Application sent 23rd Oct, File number issued 4 Nov 2014.
And yes, same responses! and still waiting.
So any more timelines from BC to share?
It's been almost 3 months already since file number issued and still no decision. All the timelines have already been breached. At this point application processing can go into 4, 5, 6 months... There are no obligations any more for SC.
I was on implied status last 2 months but today I got my work permit application rejected (because no LMIA).
I would like to know others timelines to understand my current options.

irishIan

Star Member
Apr 10, 2013
tidelander said:
So any more timelines from BC to share?
It's been almost 3 months already since file number issued and still no decision. All the timelines have already been breached. At this point application processing can go into 4, 5, 6 months... There are no obligations any more for SC.
I was on implied status last 2 months but today I got my work permit application rejected (because no LMIA).
I would like to know others timelines to understand my current options.
I had applied for LMIA July 2014 and waited until Oct 2 to find out my boss didnt read the new rules and completely messed up the application. So i had to wait until Nov 2 (4 weeks job advert) to apply again, meanwhile my work permit was due to expire Nov 12. So i got my work permit denial letter last week stating the fact that the LMIA wasnt decided on as yet.
So I'm now out of status and waiting for my LMIA to come through?? and then re apply for work permit or head to the border and try there.

So they have quickened the Work permit applications so much that they are outpacing the LMIA applications?

So my option is that i have 90 days until i apply to restore my status as a visitor but i'm going to wait as long as i can to see if the LMIA comes through. Cant work so that sucks....

Salil2013

Star Member
Nov 21, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
copper said:
really sorry salil,
its speechless, i can see ur actual waiting time i.e. 10 months ... this is really bad... i can imagine your position buddy, i am asking every single day from my employer that if he received call from SC, and you waited all that long to hear a negative response...
really bad ... no words Brother...

its really shocking man, I seriously waited so long

dotpat17

Oct 27, 2014
Yeah feel for you bro!

If a lawyer is involved, do they find out or the employer find out if the LMIA is positive or negative first?

Tubilai

Sep 18, 2013
Noc: 7271 - Ontario - FSTP

SC received application on: June 2nd 2014.

SC rejected application on: December 29, 2014.

Reason: SC called on December 19th, and since it took so long, the accountant at the company (who was off the case as the director was dealing with it) said he didn't know about the job offer and didn't know me as a carpenter. The SC agent then gave him a deadline of December 29th for someone to contact her and provide the information. Since lumbers and construction companies take a week off at the end of December and are excited about Christmas then the information didn't flow around and no one made contact. End result: Rejection.

It's a bit messed up that SC decided to make contact during the holidays, but they are doing their job, so I don't blame them.

My consultant hadn't been replying emails or calls for a while, and during these 6 months maybe he called SC only 3 times.

Make sure you guys keep informed. Ask your lawyers/consultants to make weekly contacts with SC. Had mine done this my LMIA would've been positive.

Make sure the person in charge of the your cases won't forget about it after a long wait.

SC agent was kind enough to tell my employer that we had all the chances and that he should apply again, as my trade is eligible for 10-day processing which has been effective since January 1st.

So I'm on to the next. Good luck guys.

sabbysingh

Oct 22, 2014
NEED SOME HELP

I applied for my LMIA on 24 Nov. I got my file number on the 27th of Nov and the payment was processed on the same day. My employer hasn't received a call from ESDC as yet. My NOC is 6211 retail store supervisor 18.5$ an hour calgary. Anyone with the same timeline kindly share their experience.

I have another question which is a little off topic.

My visa is due to expire on the last day of Feb, I am planning to apply for an extension regardless of my lmia result to get the implied status. By the end of April, I will have completed a year to qualify for CEC and I will be able to enter the pool. So my question is, if my extension is refused and I leave during my restoration period would I be considered inadmissible to Canada. Or should I just leave Canada right after my one year is completed and I am still on implied status.