+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMIA application processing time?

Hariboy

Star Member
Sep 30, 2013
I hv been working with a PGWp since 2013. PGWP is LMIA exemptand is valid till oct 2016.
Tubilai said:
If you've been working with a valid LMO/LMIA then you could apply under Canadian Experience Class. I haven't read much about it but I don't think advertisement is a requirement. Advertising is one of the requirements for LMIA.

Read this page: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/cec/apply-who.asp

Use the Come to Canada tool and see what are the requirements: http://www.cic.gc.ca/ctc-vac/ee-start.asp

And good information from the Law firm that runs this forum: http://www.cicnews.com/2014/11/canadian-experience-class-applications-refused-114114.html

Hariboy

Star Member
Sep 30, 2013
irishIan said:
The Job bank must be up until the decision is made. Also, it must have the company address, phone, benefits, wages ect...very detailed. The others do not have to stay up for the full duration, only job bank.

Also, your employer will be asked for some type of action plan to hire Canadians for the job.

I would suggest getting your employer to hire a consultant just in case.
Company address as in email address or actual postal address?

ButterflyChemist

Jun 24, 2014
Hariboy said:
I have been working here since Sept. 2013 as a civil engineer. Now I want LMIA for my PR application under EE. So my employer has started the process by advertising on 4 job sites. But all of them are free job sites. careerowl.com, allstarjobs.com, activehire.com and ofcourse the Job Bank. Any idea if my approval would be bleak for any reason?
If your work permit is still valid you do not need a new LMIA to apply if memory serves. You only need a permanent job offer. Also as someone said you could apply under CEC or even a provincial nominee program.

irishIan

Star Member
Apr 10, 2013
ButterflyChemist said:
If your work permit is still valid you do not need a new LMIA to apply if memory serves. You only need a permanent job offer. Also as someone said you could apply under CEC or even a provincial nominee program.
I'm pretty sure its an LMIA supported job offer. They will look for the LMIA number on the forms. This is designed to cut out 70% of new work permits and PR's that they get and to see if employers will go through the $ and months waiting.

Tubilai

Sep 18, 2013
Hariboy said:
What is meant by an action plan? Any idea?
It's called transition plan:

The Transition Plan is a mandatory requirement, for a majority of employers, when applying for a labour market impact assessment (LMIA). This requirement will ensure that businesses that rely on temporary foreign workers have a firm plan in place to transition to a Canadian workforce.
http://www.servicecanada.gc.ca/cgi-bin/search/eforms/index.cgi?app=prfl&frm=emp5594&ln=eng

dotpat17

Oct 27, 2014
So I got some sort of an update last week.
Emailed the HR chick. Mentioned that they had a tough immigration officer who was handling my application. SC said the application would be approved and documetation expected to be received in days?!

I don't know what to believe anymore!

NOC 2232
Submitted 500 BC
File No Issued 200 AD

ButterflyChemist

Jun 24, 2014
dotpat17 said:
So I got some sort of an update last week.
Emailed the HR chick. Mentioned that they had a tough immigration officer who was handling my application. SC said the application would be approved and documetation expected to be received in days?!

I don't know what to believe anymore!

NOC 2232
Submitted 500 BC
File No Issued 200 AD
SC agents are not immigration officers. I can't say if someone actually said your application would be approved but from what I've read they are never this forthcoming. They never inform you of status etc except to give general details and so I find them declaring that the application will be approved (which I guess means it isn't yet) to be unusual. Good luck though

fastfood

Apr 16, 2014
New delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Realben said:
Hi guys,

My LMIA has been approved today.
Application : Sept. 29 2014
SC asked for more info early Nov.
They lost the additional info my employer sent early Nov.

I'm so happy I can move forward.
Hey bro..Congrats:) Happy for you. I am still in queue..

kik4

Sep 20, 2014
LMIA Approved :D
sent: january 15
file #: don't know exactly
approved: February 03
Noc:7311
30$
Alberta

The wait is finally over, ill go now and open a bottle of red wine.
Wish all the best for you who's still waiting
cheers

ButterflyChemist

Jun 24, 2014
kik4 said:
30$
Alberta

cheers

Congrats!

johnny123

Aug 18, 2012
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
18-10-2016
Med's Done....
10-12-2016 passed
Passport Req..
25-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2017
LANDED..........
19-04-2017
kik4 said:
30$
Alberta

cheers
Congrats!! Can you please clarifiy what did you mean with a revision of transition plan and training? Which activities did your employer choose in the plan?

Thanks in advance.

Now, go celebrate :p