+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMIA application processing time?

ButterflyChemist

Jun 24, 2014
skepar said:
Thank you ButterflyChemist I appreciate your opinion +1 :)
As long as the documents package is considered I think I can include everything since I already have a good paying Job and reference letter from the company saying that my position will stay open as long as I wish to come back after my WP. Plus since it is one of the best paying Job in my Country I have a lot of Cash savings and property. I also have 10 year US visa and recently traveled there on a business trip and got back. I have no one in Canada and nothing can make my stay there without legal job.
If this is not enough to convince the officer then I dont know how to convince him that I am not desperate in relocating in Canada by any means!
Sounds good to me. Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Kate8kate0

Star Member
Oct 29, 2014
Realben said:
Thanks Canadaf0r3v3r !
My application was filed around Sept 10th too and I am still waiting. SC asked for further information in early November though and it appears they lost the information my employer sent right away. :-(
You're right guys this wait is brutal! Rhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

It's horrendous! Lol! Argh! :)

A_Sidhu

Star Member
Nov 20, 2014
Category........
FST
Visa Office......
India
Friends who have get their positive LMIA are requested to join WORK PERMIT APPLICATION WITH LMIA IN INDIA . PLZ join and post your experiences.

fastfood

Apr 16, 2014
New delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys I was having doubt if employer needs to add employee name after approval of LMIA. So I spoke to my employer today and she told me that the names are pre-added to the new LMIAs. My doubt is clear now. Still waiting for the LMIA though :)

Service Canada lost the documents and requested documents again from my employer in November so we are expecting couple of months delay in LMIA now..

Kate8kate0

Star Member
Oct 29, 2014
fastfood said:
Guys I was having doubt if employer needs to add employee name after approval of LMIA. So I spoke to my employer today and she told me that the names are pre-added to the new LMIAs. My doubt is clear now. Still waiting for the LMIA though :)

Service Canada lost the documents and requested documents again from my employer in November so we are expecting couple of months delay in LMIA now..
Ah how frustrating fastfood!

Tubilai

Sep 18, 2013
ButterflyChemist said:
It's not dual intent that is the problem. With dual intent though you have to convince VO that if your plans don't work out you would be willing to return to home country so you have to show string ties to home, strong work prospects, a business or something like that.
Great point!

Thank you

Rut

Jul 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-10-2014
Nomination.....
24-09-2014
AOR Received.
31-03-2015
Med's Request
03-04-2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
12-01-2016
LANDED..........
22-01-2016
My final timeline

Mechanical assembler (Mechanical Assembler/Inspector/Tester) NOC: 9486 - 24,5$/hour - ALBERTA

4 Sep 2014 LMIA application delivered to Edmonton
11 Sep 2014 Application resent due to request for additional documents
15 October 2014 - Payment taken, file number provided
3 December 2014 - LMIA rejected - Reason - I'm not a German astronaut means they don't need low skilled people in Alberta,

Previous LMO application rejected after 7 months of waiting. Reason was: High skill position, too low wage.
Fortunately last month I've got my 2 years work permit with my wife's PNP nomination :)

Good luck :)

Kiwisteph

Star Member
Sep 28, 2013
Aneam said:
We too applied 18th September. NOC 7321 alberta. We have been told today that our answer will more than likely be the New Year now as next Friday 19th is the shut down for Christmas fortnight! How true this is I don't know. That would mean reopen 6th Jan! Sorry to be the bearer of bad news! The wait is awful! May just take myself off and sit and rock in the corner! As another week ends still no news :-(. Every Monday we get up and say 'maybe this week'! Good Luck!
I had a feeling there would be some kind of long Christmas break coming up soon :(
We've told ourselves not to expect an answer before Christmas now - but secretly hoping we have a case officer who wants to clear their desk by Christmas and give us a positive results haha !!

NOC 7283 - Calgary
Application sent - 15 Sept approx
File number issued and payment taken - 23rd November

Try to enjoy the Christmas break everyone but I know it's all we think about and have the same "monday - maybe this week" issues.
My job isn't very enjoyable at the moment which doesn't help as it makes me want a positive LMIA more so I can quit hahaha :D

fastfood

Apr 16, 2014
New delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Kate8kate0 said:
Ah how frustrating fastfood!
Yes, this is very-2 frustrating. Firstly I was victim of the moratorium. Now just waitinggggggggggggggg for LMIA. Its been over a year now since my first lmo was filed and still waiting..........

ButterflyChemist

Jun 24, 2014
I haven't seen anything on the Service Canada website that suggests a 2 week break is going to happen. Nothing I can do about it either way but the site seemed to suggest that only statutory holidays are taken which in this case would be Christmas Day and Boxing Day. My birthday is this Friday. A positive LMIA is the only gift I need :D

It's been 12 weeks since we sent the application and 9 weeks since the fees were charged and the application was assigned.

Kate8kate0

Star Member
Oct 29, 2014
fastfood said:
Yes, this is very-2 frustrating. Firstly I was victim of the moratorium. Now just waitinggggggggggggggg for LMIA. Its been over a year now since my first lmo was filed and still waiting..........
Yep 1 year waiting for us too! :-( cmon service canada! I just thought thismorning how lovely a result before Xmas would be, ours went in October.

ms.reannox

Jul 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct.10 2014, Charged Dec 17, 2014
Nomination.....
PER Jan. 16 2015
AOR Received.
Feb 3, 2015 reached Ottawa
File Transfer...
RPRF Mar 9, 2015
Med's Request
Mar 10, 2015
Med's Done....
Mar 16, 2015; Uploaded Mar 23, 2015; 3rd Line: Mar 30, 2015
Passport Req..
May 26, 2015
Hi Guys, do you know how long it takes for Service Canada to charge you or inform you that you have incomplete application? if yes, how do they inform your employer?

prashanthbv

Jun 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-08-2016
AOR Received.
11-08-2015
ms.reannox said:
Hi Guys, do you know how long it takes for Service Canada to charge you or inform you that you have incomplete application? if yes, how do they inform your employer?

Usually it should take a week, but took two weeks first time and a month second time for me

ButterflyChemist

Jun 24, 2014
ms.reannox said:
Im not sure how they inform you that your application is incomplete but there's no set time for them to charge you. We were charged after three weeks but some people are charged within days and others take longer than three weeks so its really anybody's guess.