+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMIA application processing time?

Dec 10, 2014
I am a skilled worker in the sport field.. I am waiting since June 2014. The only thing that I have heard is that the goverment froze the program for a while and came half October to a standard in the program. My employer does have an lawyer in service and send AGAIN an application in. I do not have to do anything for this process. 2 weeks ago, my employer had to fill in why she could not hire a Canadian worker in this field. who does know how long the process is?

I am still waiting for good news...

Tubilai

Sep 18, 2013
skepar said:
Hi guys,

I would appreciate an advice regarding my current situation...

I ma FSW applicant for NOC 2171 application date Sep 2 with DD mode. Until now I dont know the state of my FSW application whether has been accepted within the Cap or not. And recently I received a Job offer with LMIA.
Can I attach my Job Offer and LMIA to my existing FSW application or It would be better to apply for TFW visa alone?
Would it be a problem my Dual intend while applying for TFW visa?
Should I request termination of my current FSW application before applying for TFW visa?

Your king input and guidelines will be much appreciated !
Well I can speak from experience. I had 2 TWPs rejected due to dual intent. My previous LMO expired before I could take the IELTS.

Been waiting 26 weeks and counting for my second LMO/LMIA. - NOC 7271 - Ontario - About 8% above median.

A_Sidhu

Star Member
Nov 20, 2014
Category........
FST
Visa Office......
India
Hii friends, can anyone let me know about the thread where the applicants who have applied for temporary work permit are posting their experience and views.

ButterflyChemist

Jun 24, 2014
Tubilai said:
Well I can speak from experience. I had 2 TWPs rejected due to dual intent. My previous LMO expired before I could take the IELTS.

Been waiting 26 weeks and counting for my second LMO/LMIA. - NOC 7271 - Ontario - About 8% above median.
It's not dual intent that is the problem. With dual intent though you have to convince VO that if your plans don't work out you would be willing to return to home country so you have to show string ties to home, strong work prospects, a business or something like that.

arife86

Oct 13, 2014
Hello guys,

I'm waiting for LMIA also since September 2014, my application was sent on September, 18th, NOC Code 1122 and province is Ontario. My employer is applying through a consultant company, and no news so far.

Do you know if SC takes holiday vacations (2 weeks off or something) or do they take only Dec 25th and January 1st? Because if they take more days this waiting will be longer than I thought. :(

Aneam

Star Member
Dec 9, 2014
arife86 said:
Hello guys,

I'm waiting for LMIA also since September 2014, my application was sent on September, 18th, NOC Code 1122 and province is Ontario. My employer is applying through a consultant company, and no news so far.

Do you know if SC takes holiday vacations (2 weeks off or something) or do they take only Dec 25th and January 1st? Because if they take more days this waiting will be longer than I thought. :(
We too applied 18th September. NOC 7321 alberta. We have been told today that our answer will more than likely be the New Year now as next Friday 19th is the shut down for Christmas fortnight! How true this is I don't know. That would mean reopen 6th Jan! Sorry to be the bearer of bad news! The wait is awful! May just take myself off and sit and rock in the corner! As another week ends still no news :-(. Every Monday we get up and say 'maybe this week'! Good Luck!

Kate8kate0

Star Member
Oct 29, 2014
Aneam said:
We too applied 18th September. NOC 7321 alberta. We have been told today that our answer will more than likely be the New Year now as next Friday 19th is the shut down for Christmas fortnight! How true this is I don't know. That would mean reopen 6th Jan! Sorry to be the bearer of bad news! The wait is awful! May just take myself off and sit and rock in the corner! As another week ends still no news :-(. Every Monday we get up and say 'maybe this week'! Good Luck!
Haha yes! That made me giggle, were rocking too, we've been too neglected by service canada! Thanks for the information aneam :)

I reckon there will be a good bunch of LMIAs given January, they've gone a bit quiet again and tend to do them in batches... Merry Christmas everyone! The magic is coming I reck :)

skepar

Star Member
Apr 8, 2013
Macedonia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ButterflyChemist said:
It's not dual intent that is the problem. With dual intent though you have to convince VO that if your plans don't work out you would be willing to return to home country so you have to show string ties to home, strong work prospects, a business or something like that.
Then what do you suggest guys... A strong cover letter explaining the purpose of TWP application should work out?

ButterflyChemist

Jun 24, 2014
skepar said:
Then what do you suggest guys... A strong cover letter explaining the purpose of TWP application should work out?
A letter alone won't help you if you have no ties to home. Just put together as strong of a package as you can. A letter is just your word and not something objective so they may or may not believe you. It really comes down to the officer you get I suppose. This is all just my opinion though so maybe others can give a bit more insight.

skepar

Star Member
Apr 8, 2013
Macedonia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ButterflyChemist said:
A letter alone won't help you if you have no ties to home. Just put together as strong of a package as you can. A letter is just your word and not something objective so they may or may not believe you. It really comes down to the officer you get I suppose. This is all just my opinion though so maybe others can give a bit more insight.
Thank you ButterflyChemist I appreciate your opinion +1 :)
As long as the documents package is considered I think I can include everything since I already have a good paying Job and reference letter from the company saying that my position will stay open as long as I wish to come back after my WP. Plus since it is one of the best paying Job in my Country I have a lot of Cash savings and property. I also have 10 year US visa and recently traveled there on a business trip and got back. I have no one in Canada and nothing can make my stay there without legal job.
If this is not enough to convince the officer then I dont know how to convince him that I am not desperate in relocating in Canada by any means!

Canadaf0r3v3r

Dec 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 28 2016
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
July 28 2016
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
September 21 2016
Med's Done....
October 3 2016
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Hi all.....
Quick note...

Noc 9214
App fill. 10 sept 2014
Fee charg. 12 sept
Approved. 12 dec.

Hope all the best for you guys!

Realben

Nov 21, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-03-2016
Doc's Request.
25-04-2016 (sch. A provided 29-04)
AOR Received.
15-03-2016
Med's Done....
30-03-2016 (passed)
Passport Req..
13-09-2016
VISA ISSUED...
Visa exempt
Canadaf0r3v3r said:
Hi all.....
Quick note...

Noc 9214
App fill. 10 sept 2014
Fee charg. 12 sept
Approved. 12 dec.

Thanks Canadaf0r3v3r !
My application was filed around Sept 10th too and I am still waiting. SC asked for further information in early November though and it appears they lost the information my employer sent right away. :-(
You're right guys this wait is brutal! Rhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

fastfood

Apr 16, 2014
New delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Canadaf0r3v3r said:
Hi all.....
Quick note...

Noc 9214
App fill. 10 sept 2014
Fee charg. 12 sept
Approved. 12 dec.

Congrats!! Good luck for your work permit application.