+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMIA application processing time?

ButterflyChemist

Jun 24, 2014
kjg09 said:
My husband is a software engr. The employer is in Montreal, Quebec. Although his salary is below median which is 60K. The HR told us maybe we could be there by end of feb or beginning of march which depends to the work permit. Does anyone knows how long is the work permit processing and what are the chances we can get approved work permit this time? Thanks.
Processing times depend on the visa office that processes your application provided you submit the necessary documents and medical if required. Visit the link below and go from there.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/English/information/times/temp.asp

A_Sidhu

Star Member
Nov 20, 2014
Category........
FST
Visa Office......
India
Rahul77 said:
congratulation to sidhu and kjg09.Under what category you guys got approved lmia?
[/quot
I am a welder

A_Sidhu

Star Member
Nov 20, 2014
Category........
FST
Visa Office......
India
ButterflyChemist said:
Congrats! Hope this week is a positive one for those of us still waiting.
Thanks and best of luck to all of you who are waiting for long time

Aneam

Star Member
Dec 9, 2014
Hi guys, firstly congrats to all the positive LMIAs! Thought it was about time to introduce myself seen as I have been following this thread for what seems like forever! (I feel your pain @butterflychemist !). We (husband, myself and 2 girls 4yrs and 7yrs) are awaiting LMIA. Hubby has a job offer in a Edmonton Alberta.
NOC 7321 Automotive Technician
Province Alberta
LMIA Submitted 18th Sept 2014
Not sure when charged or file number issued
And the waiting goes on and on and ......
Good Luck to all who are waiting!

Kate8kate0

Star Member
Oct 29, 2014
Aneam said:
Hi guys, firstly congrats to all the positive LMIAs! Thought it was about time to introduce myself seen as I have been following this thread for what seems like forever! (I feel your pain @ butterflychemist !). We (husband, myself and 2 girls 4yrs and 7yrs) are awaiting LMIA. Hubby has a job offer in a Edmonton Alberta.
NOC 7321 Automotive Technician
Province Alberta
LMIA Submitted 18th Sept 2014
Not sure when charged or file number issued
And the waiting goes on and on and ......
Good Luck to all who are waiting!
Hi welcome, I myself, hubby and 12 daughter waiting too, he's truck driver, alberta; ours went in 1st October, this thread has been good support, the wait has been horrible, things are looking up though! Phew!
Good luck! : -)

skepar

Star Member
Apr 8, 2013
Macedonia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys,

I would appreciate an advice regarding my current situation...

I ma FSW applicant for NOC 2171 application date Sep 2 with DD mode. Until now I dont know the state of my FSW application whether has been accepted within the Cap or not. And recently I received a Job offer with LMIA.
Can I attach my Job Offer and LMIA to my existing FSW application or It would be better to apply for TFW visa alone?
Would it be a problem my Dual intend while applying for TFW visa?
Should I request termination of my current FSW application before applying for TFW visa?

Your king input and guidelines will be much appreciated !

Aneam

Star Member
Dec 9, 2014
Kate8kate0 said:
Hi welcome, I myself, hubby and 12 daughter waiting too, he's truck driver, alberta; ours went in 1st October, this thread has been good support, the wait has been horrible, things are looking up though! Phew!
Good luck! : -)
Thank you! You too! Agree the wait is a killer - can't put anything in to action until the result. Living in limbo!

Skmum

May 8, 2014
Jovie said:
thats what I thought and scared about Prashant :(
Buddy ... Don't even think about leaving Canada with this Risk ...

The Immigration's at the airport have not let one of my friend whose visa was still valid for 10 days at the time of entry, the reason given was they suspected that he might become absconding once his Visa expires. He explained his ongoing process, but they said he would have wait outside the country until the process is complete.

Poor man, lost his senses & had to leave to his home country with all his belonging in Canada. He had to wait 45 days outside country until the process was complete. In such a mess he dint have option to speak to any lawyer as well ...

So well Donate your Christmas to the Poor Service Canada they need it much !!! :-[

kjg09

Star Member
Dec 8, 2014
skepar said:
Hi guys,

I ma FSW applicant for NOC 2171 application date Sep 2 with DD mode. Until now I dont know the state of my FSW application whether has been accepted within the Cap or not. And recently I received a Job offer with LMIA.
Can I attach my Job Offer and LMIA to my existing FSW application or It would be better to apply for TFW visa alone?
Should I request termination of my current FSW application before applying for TFW visa?

We are also interested to know about this. My husband is NOC2171 as well but the HR told us to process the work permit first then once we are in Montreal then we will apply for Express entry. I am not sure if can process work permit and FSW at the same time.

kjg09

Star Member
Dec 8, 2014
Thanks ButterflyChemist. We are currently in Singapore and it indicates 6 Months... Is it true even on other visa office ? Its quite too long. :(

johnny123

Aug 18, 2012
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
18-10-2016
Med's Done....
10-12-2016 passed
Passport Req..
25-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2017
LANDED..........
19-04-2017
skepar said:
Hi guys,

I think you are in wrong thread, this is "LMIA application processing time"

Jovie

Sep 24, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 21, 2015
Doc's Request.
June 16, 2016
Nomination.....
September 16, 2015
AOR Received.
January 11, 2016
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
August 23, 2016 - OTTAWA
Med's Request
June 30, 2016 (but I did upfront prior - June 21)
Med's Done....
June 21, 2016
Passport Req..
December 15, 2016
LANDED..........
22-12-2012 - INLAND
Skmum said:
Buddy ... Don't even think about leaving Canada with this Risk ...

The Immigration's at the airport have not let one of my friend whose visa was still valid for 10 days at the time of entry, the reason given was they suspected that he might become absconding once his Visa expires. He explained his ongoing process, but they said he would have wait outside the country until the process is complete.

Poor man, lost his senses & had to leave to his home country with all his belonging in Canada. He had to wait 45 days outside country until the process was complete. In such a mess he dint have option to speak to any lawyer as well ...

So well Donate your Christmas to the Poor Service Canada they need it much !!! :-[
Thank you for the advice and info I appreciate much..

Salil2013

Star Member
Nov 21, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
What is the maximum time, maximum time to get LMIA, I am waiting from last 3 months 10 days , infact its 7 month, on 4th month they returned it because of incomplete forms which was actually not the case, its really frustrating.

anarsoul

Jul 12, 2014
Salil2013 said:
What is the maximum time, maximum time to get LMIA, I am waiting from last 3 months 10 days , infact its 7 month, on 4th month they returned it because of incomplete forms which was actually not the case, its really frustrating.
As far as I know there's no maximum time.