+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Live-in caregiver PR applicants for April,May and June timeline

KHampton

Jan 17, 2012
hi everyone. this is my first time posting ever. but i've been a follower of this topic when this topic was only 60 pages long.....just stumble upon this website on the internet and i get anxious with regard to the views on this website immigrationreform.ca/english/view.asp?x=894&id=74 there is a pdf downloas of the full article on the page, and if you care to click on it and read, on page 12, in the middle section, there is a paragraph regarding LIC "If such overseas workers were not available, the employers would
either have to do their own housekeeping, or pay sufficiently high wages to make it attractive for people
already in the country to do it. There is no good reason why Canadian taxpayers should subsidize the athome
childcare of higher income two-income families. The Live-in Caregiver program should thus be
terminated
Live-in caregivers should either come in strictly as temporary workers and leave when their
contracts are completed, or meet the regular requirements of immigration."
this is really making me nervous asn i am also a a lic warting for my pr :(

KHampton

Jan 17, 2012
i really feel hostility from these ppl on this website immigrationreform.com
if ever their suggestions were to be taken as policy, i don't know what to make of it....anyone has any idea these ppl's opinions are really taken seriouly????
fellow LICs, we should not stop our fighting for faster pr!!!! our fight should not stop when we get "owp with lic pending", because the "lic pending" can mean a waiting times for years.

madpotato

Nov 24, 2011
KHampton said:
i really feel hostility from these ppl on this website immigrationreform.com
if ever their suggestions were to be taken as policy, i don't know what to make of it....anyone has any idea these ppl's opinions are really taken seriouly????
fellow LICs, we should not stop our fighting for faster pr!!!! our fight should not stop when we get "owp with lic pending", because the "lic pending" can mean a waiting times for years.
god knows what we have sacrificed in this horrible industry,let him take care of us weak group!

karri

Dec 11, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-03-2012
karri said:
Hello guys, I am about to submit my OWP/PR application but i need to clarify a few things.
1. Do I need to request a police certificate in canada or should i send the original one i have from my country?
2. Do i have to submit month by month time sheets, i have already completed 22 months and wanted to apply using option 2.
Thanks so much for your reply Kablas99, it was for sure helpful. (I cannot seem to reply to your personal message)

stress_27

Star Member
May 27, 2011
@ honeysweetie i need ur help in applyin for re-entry visa....im frm toronto too, the application for temporary resident visa made outside of canada form..question 7 ur status wud b temporary foregin woker n the dates n details of visit to canada...i guess u choose b and put in canada and do we need to full the schedule 1 application for a temporary resident visa made outside of canada and family information and we go to bank and make a draft payable to receiver general.... thxs in advance i no its alot of questions, bt if u can help me i will really appreciate it...thxs again...waiting for ur answers

Birdy

Star Member
Jan 1, 2012
darookie said:
are you a filipino?? maybe then we should hang out.. ;D
I haven't send my application tho . I will send it in March and I wonder how do I pay? I want to pay by credit card it's $550+$490+$150 right? And I wanna know can I pay like 2 weeks before I send ? I need it put Internet receipts in the envelope and send it together in the and envelope right? Thank you , anyboy knows the answer???

HONEYGIRL

Star Member
Jan 7, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 27 2015
Doc's Request.
Aug.4 2015
AOR Received.
July 3 2015
File Transfer...
Aug.12 2015 plus SA ...in process Aug.15. 2015
Med's Done....
May 8 2015
Passport Req..
Sept.1 2015 sent Sept 2 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
Birdy said:
I haven't send my application tho . I will send it in March and I wonder how do I pay? I want to pay by credit card it's $550+$490+$150 right? And I wanna know can I pay like 2 weeks before I send ? I need it put Internet receipts in the envelope and send it together in the and envelope right? Thank you , anyboy knows the answer???
Birdy u pay the 550+150 the 490 is later when u got ur Pr ... yea u can pay early if u want..

bitoyzz

Star Member
Sep 19, 2011
mrmaan said:
i have my owp. but i want to do study .will it effect my pr application if i apply for a study permit?
i dont think it will affect your pr application coz you finished the LCP..so get a study permit and good luck to your studies..

riaivy1980

Jun 2, 2010
darookie said:
are you a filipino?? maybe then we should hang out.. ;D
hi! Yes, proud to be pinoy. ;D PM me. Maybe some other time? This week is just brutally cold to go out. Hehe! My employer just release me last Friday and 2 weeks ago I've submitted my OWP/ PR. And if pilot project is gone then I'll be doomed.

riaivy1980

Jun 2, 2010
Birdy said:
I would like to tap 'like' for this quote like we are on Facebook lol it's funny ;D
thanks birdie! I hope they are working on our papers now. Goodluck on your application. Make a copy of everything that you will be sending to CIC. Just in case! ;D