+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Live-in caregiver PR applicants for April,May and June timeline

Datamira

Oct 4, 2011
LCPcaregiver said:
A FRIEND CALLED AND YES CIC SAYS THAT OPEN WORK PERMITS CAN TAKE UP TILL 17 MONTHS AGAIN ?????????????????

Lets email all the filipino newspapers:

choloinsua @ yahoo.ca Planet Philippines

info @ canadianinquirer.net Philippine Canadian Inquirer
inquirerinc @ gmail.com

info @ philippineasiannewstoday.com Philippines Asian News

tedalcuitas @ shaw.ca

editor @ postpeopleinc.com Filipino Post
jmann @ postpeopleinc.com

balita @ sympatico.ca Balita

philreporter @ gmail.com
ads @ philreporter.com

[/quote
With my big respect to Filipino's organisation, we should also contact with powerful organisations, who have the real authority to fight for our rights.

Datamira

Oct 4, 2011
ustian said:
Hello everyone! I am new here and I am a live-in caregiver from Vancouver. I am very upset about this information from CIC (about OWP), so if someone wants to make a protest or write a letter to John Kenny I will participate.
Ha-ha-ha, lets tell again and again to John Kenny how much he was wrong to create all these b*lsh*t for us...maybe he will realise it!
If you have so naive heart, you can write him. I am sure he will appreciuate your attention.
Here is only one way to do smth, we should contact with power in the Government, which contradict with Conservative party ( our ministr of immigration is Conservative, as we know). So the best way is write to THE LIDERS OF NDP.
Someone here on the forum, on the previous page,had gave real contact information. Lets consider that!

H

Datamira

Oct 4, 2011
Kalinka said:
CIC STUCK ON JUNE 26 2010 GUYS!!!!!!!!!! It almost 2 month CIC checking June 26th 2010 APPLICANTS without any moving!!!!!!!!
It says 17-18 month for 1 step approval (AIP) !!! But CIC stuck on June 26 2010 !!! I am August 2010 applicant, and in 2 weeks my first stage approval will be 20 !!!!!!! month.
And on the site it shows only 17-18 month!!!!!How it could be? Everything is sooooooooooo wrong!!!!!!
The first step of approval (AIP) takes 20 month, and second step - another 17 month, so we have to wait AT LEAST 37 !!!! month for PR card
And everyone just worry only about OWP.
Let do protest
Live-in caregiver, Strikenannies, Wsongso, Rosellynd - H E L P please for all of us. And we are ready for protest!!!!!!!!
[/quot

Yes Kalinka, it was really sad to read how guys were concerned only about OWP. Maybe they really have forgotten about their cruicial the main factor of being here in Canada! I guess, only people with family and kids were immensely wanted to have their PR IN TIME, as it was before and as it is supposed to be. Now, finally, we are all on the same boat. No empty talk about OWP anymore. YOU ARE WELCOM!!! lets do something about it already, lets colaborate, every day is counted. Otherwise, the tears of our kids will be endless, as our waiting time.

akina green

Star Member
Sep 1, 2011
darookie said:
I called this morning and they said that they're still processing OWP and they have no delays. lets wait if somebody will get their OWP this April. :)
thank you for the info. ;)

but, how long will it usually take?

thanks again

ustian

Star Member
Apr 16, 2012
Datamira, thank you for your comment. I am just saying, I am really concern about the way CIC and government treated live-in caregivers and if anyone suppose to take any actions, I'd like to participate. And I called CIC today, they said they could not tell certain processing time for OWP, but it should be faster than 17-18 months. That's all.

akina green

Star Member
Sep 1, 2011
ustian said:
Datamira, thank you for your comment. I am just saying, I am really concern about the way CIC and government treated live-in caregivers and if anyone suppose to take any actions, I'd like to participate. And I called CIC today, they said they could not tell certain processing time for OWP, but it should be faster than 17-18 months. That's all.
:) :) :)

LCPcaregiver

Star Member
Jun 16, 2011
I don't want to be too negative but what is happening is that Kenney mad the big announcement in December and released a whole bunch of open work permits to shut up the caregivers and NOW the open work permit will slowly increase again.............

the CIC agent told my friend that the owp can take several months now and is not release asap like before cause of
backlog issues and they are growing..............

So unfair ...........

Shelleonn

Jun 3, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think its time for CIC to stop focusing only on owp and should start prioritizing family reunification and give all the LCP who qualified and finish the program their permanent residence,weve been already waiting way way too long for all of us here,all we hear about this past couple of months is owp owp owp but what about the real reason why we came here in canada and work hard and be abuse in the first place?i think many caregivers here are really not that desperate to start something and fight for their rights,coz no one really wants to wait for too long,even for just owp coz,they are contented waiting a couple of weeks or months,a year from now no one knows if the program will still exist or they are gonna do the one that they did on all skilled worker applicants,to dissolve the big backlog,i hope that wont happen to us coz its a clear and ovious sign of abuse and no fairness to our rights,its a desparate times to all of us now,so if all of us wants to start something we should organize and focus on it,time is wasting and our families need us being away 4-5 years is way too long good luck to all of you

kablas99

Star Member
Dec 13, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
DEC 10, 2010
Doc's Request.
UPDATE : AUG 16, 2011
Nomination.....
OWP : DEC 10, 2011
AOR Received.
AIP : FEB 6, 2013
File Transfer...
LC2 KIT MARCH 4, 2013
Med's Request
LC2 : Nov, 2013
Med's Done....
LC2 : Dec 5 2013
Interview........
LC1 : Feb.12, 2014 Landed Immigrant Status
Passport Req..
LC2 : Jan 7, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LC2 : WAITING
LANDED..........
LC1 : Waiting
Shelleonn said:
I think its time for CIC to stop focusing only on owp and should start prioritizing family reunification and give all the LCP who qualified and finish the program their permanent residence,weve been already waiting way way too long for all of us here,all we hear about this past couple of months is owp owp owp but what about the real reason why we came here in canada and work hard and be abuse in the first place?i think many caregivers here are really not that desperate to start something and fight for their rights,coz no one really wants to wait for too long,even for just owp coz,they are contented waiting a couple of weeks or months,a year from now no one knows if the program will still exist or they are gonna do the one that they did on all skilled worker applicants,to dissolve the big backlog,i hope that wont happen to us coz its a clear and ovious sign of abuse and no fairness to our rights,its a desparate times to all of us now,so if all of us wants to start something we should organize and focus on it,time is wasting and our families need us being away 4-5 years is way too long good luck to all of you
LET'S START NOW....

kyzel29

Star Member
Aug 12, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
JULY 2012
Doc's Request.
AUG. 2012
AOR Received.
NOV. 7, 2012
Med's Request
JUNE 2015
Med's Done....
JUNE 25, 2015
Interview........
SEPTEMBER 30, 2015
Passport Req..
JUNE 2015
VISA ISSUED...
SOON :)
LANDED..........
SOON :)
Shelleonn said:
I email them last april 2011 inquiring about lc2 kit they respond after a day and they told me unless they have request from cpc vegreville then they will issue the application form,i email them again last dec 2011 to change address of dependants and inquire a little bit about lc2 kit but they never respond,it is said in the site that they wont respond if its is beyond the processing times and also to expect no replies if its a querry like change of address they will update it but not responding,good luck to you i hope you can get a good reply,i will email them next week coz its already 3 mos and still no application forms for lc2, did you try calling cic hotline then press 121 for pr application?mine said "we are currently assesing your app we anticipate being able to provide you with a response by feb 2012" when i check my ecas the feb 2012 update on my file is the recieve requested info that i sent last nov 2011 about the change of address of dependants,pls update us if you get a response thanks
i just wanna did ur dependent got there kit already??

LCPcaregiver

Star Member
Jun 16, 2011
Please write to

dbrazao@thestar.ca
rbrennan@thestar.ca

about your long waiting for open work permits. He wrote the story in December and it was on the front page of the Toronto Star.

daphneleila

Star Member
Dec 19, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Shelleonn said:

CIC is insane, they are imposing some new rules why not focused on the backlogs...it seems Mr Kenney has forgotten the married applicants under LCP obviously the OWPs issued last december 2011 was a form of mockery playing games on the LICs to shut up their mouth and not to go about street protest because it could lead a great shame on them as Proud Canada...(fair and just system huh!)..I am an LC2 (dependants) with 3 kids my youngest daughter was barely 3 months when my hubby left and now she's turning 4 years old this June, my LC1 got his owp last dec. 10, 2011 exactly after a year of his application with remarks "pending LIC APR" a lot of people here at the forum is on their 20th months and over of waiting for the AIP but no sign at all..I think it would be very worth fighting if you start to organize yourselves LIC's it's about time, let your voice be heard...the agony of being away from your family...you are all in the right track just go go go for your family's sake, one can initiate a protest the rest I guess others will follow just need a little ignition and everything will turn out into place as a formal protest. May God Bless your ways and plans, "there would be no oppressed people if you let tyrants rule" if you know your rights you'll never get wrong...JUst keep the Faith. :)

lyvly

Oct 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-08-2011
Hi fellas..why cic giv different answers to LCs and employers..my friend's employer called cic and was told that they will be releasing PRs this JUNE..i dont
wna judge that employer maybe she had just misinterpreted it of releasing pr for june applicants..i dont know how true is this rumor

Twin mitch

Mar 30, 2012
darookie said:
I called this morning and they said that they're still processing OWP and they have no delays. lets wait if somebody will get their OWP this April. :)

Hi darookie,until now u didnt receive anything yet? Thats sad to hear from u.my friend either she didn't receive anything yet and she send her application last December 2011.I hope you guys received yours.
Goodluck!