+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Live-in caregiver PR applicants for April,May and June timeline

svetacaru

Feb 3, 2011
CALGARY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My friend applied last AUGUST for the OWP!!!!! still nothing..... she called CIC million of times, they always said - next month, just wait... :eek: now they said - we don't know, we can't say anything!!!!!! :mad: That's so weird... ans scary, and feels like it's just abuse!!!!!

akina green

Star Member
Sep 1, 2011
cats_lover said:
I just want to share something that i read from another topic I didnt know we could send the OWP application online!! woow ! that would be much easier
What has changed?
Prior to 11 December 2011, caregivers completing the LCP were only is-sued open work permits after their applications for PR were “approved in principle.” This is generally referred to as “stage 1” in the PR process. The stage 1 approval process involves verifying whether a caregiver has met all the requirements of the program and has completed 24 months of author-ized work. The estimated processing times for stage 1 approval is 18 months.

Since 11 December 2011, CIC has decided that open work permits may be issued before a caregiver's application for PR receives approval in princi-ple. This means that caregivers no longer have to wait 18 months for an open work permit. The choice by CIC to issue an open work permit earlier in the PR process is purely a policy decision and is always subject to change. There is no law that requires CIC to issue an open work permit be-fore a caregiver's application reaches Stage 1.

What is the current estimated processing time to issue an open work permit?

CIC posts all estimated processing times for immigration applications on its website. As of 25 January 2012, CIC estimates that it will take 32 days for an open work permit to be processed when an application is submitted by mail. Applications for open work permits submitted online are processed faster- in as few as 13 days. Caregivers should be aware that supporting documents have to be in electronic format in order to send a complete online application.
Caregivers should also bear in mind that the estimated processing times are always changing. The posted proc-essing times are just estimates. CIC is not legally bound to process applications in accordance with the esti-mated times on the CIC website.
hi,, ;)

may i ask about the source of this info.?

thank u!! :)

mcdebe

Star Member
Feb 7, 2011
Kalinka said:
I am an August 2010 applicant and still nothing. I haven't still letter of Approval In Principal.
On April 18th 2012 my processing time for 1 stage of approval will be 20 !!!!! month (instead 17-18 month. what CIC writing on CIC site) CIC stuck on June 26th 2010 applicants and doesn't work for our applications

Kalinka we have the same issue. applied July 2010. received OWP Dec 2011, but until now I haven't received any confirmation that I passed the first stage approval. Called CIC and the agent said they can't do anything that it's stuck in June 26 for a couple of months already. Very frustrating :mad:

Kalinka

Jul 17, 2011
Canada, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Aug 2010
Let me know please if you will have some news, please
And me too

FatimaTO

Apr 14, 2012
Hi all, I am new but I want to share something with you.
Just saw this message on facebook :

i call the C.I.C yesterday to ask about the processing time of open work permit and they said the processing time of open work permit is 17-18months. and when i ask them about the new rules that minister kenny declared last dec. 15, 2011, that all application for OWP will be issued as soon as the immigration received the application. then the C.I.C agent answer me "NO" they just change the rules again, now you need to wait 17-18months for your OWP together with your PR.

IS THAT POSSIBLE THAT THEY CHANGED THE NEW RULING AGAIN ????????? Can we all call our MP or call CIC to confirm ????????

geca20

Nov 9, 2011
FatimaTO said:

i call the C.I.C yesterday to ask about the processing time of open work permit and they said the processing time of open work permit is 17-18months. and when i ask them about the new rules that minister kenny declared last dec. 15, 2011, that all application for OWP will be issued as soon as the immigration received the application. then the C.I.C agent answer me "NO" they just change the rules again, now you need to wait 17-18months for your OWP together with your PR.

IS THAT POSSIBLE THAT THEY CHANGED THE NEW RULING AGAIN ????????? Can we all call our MP or call CIC to confirm ????????

geca20

Nov 9, 2011
Hi All, I'm an employer of a live-in caregiver and am using her ID to post. First as a Senior Canadian I'm ashamed at the way the PC government is treating the LIC. I can't ... now...Please forgive our government
I'm not a proud Canadian. It is beyond unfair. It is inhumane the way all of you are treated. The abusers may sometimes be the employer, but so it is the Government that allows them to do. I've read a lot of the posts many of you have submitted and it brings tears to my eyes, many of you have faith to endure the ever changing rules against you.
Allow me to suggest that maybe Mr. Kenney may not be interested in your feelings or situation.
I am ashamed to admit that I voted for the Conservatives last election, I will not be next time. You may find that the NPD who are not in the majority, may be more interested in fairness even now.. If many of you e-mail the NDP immigration critic..Don Davies MP Vancouver Kingsway Don.Davies@parl.gc.ca and let him know the unfair treatment you may have suffered collectively, he may be able to put a little pressure to find out the truth.. If only the Live-in caregivers could form a union...

akina green

Star Member
Sep 1, 2011
FatimaTO said:

i really hope that it's not true. :(

LCPcaregiver

Star Member
Jun 16, 2011
A FRIEND CALLED AND YES CIC SAYS THAT OPEN WORK PERMITS CAN TAKE UP TILL 17 MONTHS AGAIN ?????????????????

Lets email all the filipino newspapers:

choloinsua@yahoo.ca Planet Philippines

info@canadianinquirer.net Philippine Canadian Inquirer
inquirerinc@gmail.com

info@philippineasiannewstoday.com Philippines Asian News

tedalcuitas@shaw.ca

editor@postpeopleinc.com Filipino Post
jmann@postpeopleinc.com

balita@sympatico.ca Balita

philreporter@gmail.com
ads@philreporter.com

ustian

Star Member
Apr 16, 2012
Hello everyone! I am new here and I am a live-in caregiver from Vancouver. I am very upset about this information from CIC (about OWP), so if someone wants to make a protest or write a letter to John Kenny I will participate.

darookie

Star Member
Jan 3, 2012
I called this morning and they said that they're still processing OWP and they have no delays. lets wait if somebody will get their OWP this April. :)