+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

live- in caregiver OWP and PR applicants for august and september 2012 timeline

maplesirup

Nov 15, 2012
I received an email today ( sent it sept. 2012)! I'm married but my husband is already in Canada working on a Work Visa. They approved finally his OWP and he got an email saying he has to see an doctor for his medical examination! Yes!
I didn't expect to get an email at all but so happy!My Ecas is still application received though.
:) ;) Good luck to all of you guys!!

rhiyen13

Star Member
Oct 7, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Guys,

My husband received an email yesterday from CPCV. See below:

This letter refers to your application for permanent residence under the Live-in Caregiver Class.

It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent resident status as a Member of the Live-in Caregiver Class. However, a final decision will not be made until all remaining requirements have been met. If applicable, all of your family members, both in Canada and abroad, must pass medical and background checks even if they are not applying to join you in Canada at this time. You cannot become a permanent resident until you and your family members have passed the medicals and background checks.

You may now apply for an open work permit, which will allow you to work in the occupation and location of your choice. You may also apply for a study permit. If applying for a study permit please ensure you include a letter from the educational institution you plan to attend. The letter should outline the type of course or program for which you are registered, the start date and the expected completion date. To obtain the correct forms please visit the Citizenship and Immigration Canada Internet web site or contact the Immigration Call Centre at the number indicated below.

Passports for yourself and your family members must be valid for the duration of your stay in Canada.

Your temporary resident status is valid until 23 January, 2017. You must have legal temporary resident status in Canada to remain in the country legally. Having legal temporary residence status means you have a document issued by Citizenship and Immigration, which allows you to remain in Canada for the period of time specified on your work permit (visitor document, study permit) or on your temporary resident permit. Persons without legal immigration status in Canada may be subject to removal proceedings at any time for failing to have or maintain legal immigration status in Canada.

CIC will process your application for permanent residence on a first-come first-served basis. However, we receive large volumes of applications for permanent residence and cannot guarantee that all processing procedures will be completed before your temporary residence status as a worker, visitor, student or permit holder expires. Should you need to extend your status, please obtain the “Application to change conditions, extend my stay or remain in Canada” kit by visiting the Citizenship and Immigration Canada Internet web site or by contacting the Immigration Call Centre at the number indicated below.

Kindly advise if this is the same as Approval in Principal?

My husband's timeline:
PR & OWP Application sent on October 2012
CIC received his application on October 29, 2012
CIC sent an acknowledgement email on December 25, 2012
OWP approved on January 23, 2013
CPCV Email: December 17, 2013

rhiyen13

Star Member
Oct 7, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rollingolf said:
Congrats @ maplesirup & rhiyen13
thanks rollingolf... is that the same letter that you received from CVCP? Not sure if this letter is same as the "Approval in Principal"?

Kindly shed some light... Thanks in advance. :)

Cheers,
Rhiyen

rollingolf

Star Member
Sep 17, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@ rhiyen13 - I'm a single applicant so my letter is not the same.

This is the 2nd email that I received:

This letter refers to your application for permanent residence under the Live In Caregiver In Canada Class.
We are pleased to advise you that processing of your application has been completed. The Canada Immigration Centre in CALGARY will contact you concerning your permanent resident status.

The Right of Permanent Residence Fee of $490 is required before you can become a permanent resident in Canada. To date this fee has not been paid and the confirmation of permanent residence document will not be issued until payment is made. Please be prepared to submit the total fee of $490. Fees can be made online at www.cic.gc.ca. You must print a receipt of payment. Fees must be provided to the Immigration Centre in CALGARY when you are scheduled to obtain your confirmation of permanent residence document.

Please note: At the time of your appointment, you and your family members, if any, will be required to present the original identification document(s) to the Canada Immigration Centre. A final decision concerning the granting of permanent residence status will be made at that time. If permanent residence is granted, the name that will appear on the confirmation of permanent resident document is your name as it appears on your passport or identity documents.

rhiyen13

Star Member
Oct 7, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
[quote author=rollingolf]
@ rhiyen13 - I'm a single applicant so my letter is not the same.

This is the 2nd email that I received:

This letter refers to your application for permanent residence under the Live In Caregiver In Canada Class.
We are pleased to advise you that processing of your application has been completed. The Canada Immigration Centre in CALGARY will contact you concerning your permanent resident status.

The Right of Permanent Residence Fee of $490 is required before you can become a permanent resident in Canada. To date this fee has not been paid and the confirmation of permanent residence document will not be issued until payment is made. Please be prepared to submit the total fee of $490. Fees can be made online at . You must print a receipt of payment. Fees must be provided to the Immigration Centre in CALGARY when you are scheduled to obtain your confirmation of permanent residence document.

Please note: At the time of your appointment, you and your family members, if any, will be required to present the original identification document(s) to the Canada Immigration Centre. A final decision concerning the granting of permanent residence status will be made at that time. If permanent residence is granted, the name that will appear on the confirmation of permanent resident document is your name as it appears on your passport or identity documents.
[/quote]

Hi rollingolf.... Thank you for the info... I appreciate it...

I hope you will receive your PR the soonest... God bless us all... :)

richmondhill

Star Member
Feb 20, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rollingolf said:
Thanks rhiyen13.

It would be the greatest Christmas gift ;D
Hi rollingolf,

I just want to ask something. I received a letter from CPCV their asking me to send some info and i don't know how to do it! They didn't tell me how!

Please help me thank you.

Richmondhill

rollingolf

Star Member
Sep 17, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@Richmonhill- There is an initial of the officer at the end of the letter. You can attention to that person.

nicajean26

Star Member
Jan 27, 2013
maplesirup said:
I received an email today ( sent it sept. 2012)! I'm married but my husband is already in Canada working on a Work Visa. They approved finally his OWP and he got an email saying he has to see an doctor for his medical examination! Yes!
I didn't expect to get an email at all but so happy!My Ecas is still application received though.
:) ;) Good luck to all of you guys!!
hi maple did u applied for an owp for your husband of they just approved it? my husband is here too in canada wiith a work permit and we applied for pr already. thanks

maplesirup

Nov 15, 2012
@ nicajean26: Yes, they approved it. I applied for OWP&PR for me and my husband. I received my OWP las year but my husband was not eligible. They said he had to wait until they would start processing my PR application. So he was still stuck with his company and his work permit.
So when I received the email from Vegreville like so many others did yay, they wrote that his OWP got approved and will be sent to him. He then got asked to do the medical examination.
I hope this helps:)

sofiazyrine

Mar 13, 2013
rollingolf said:
I just checked my status on eCAS today and it says "decision made". Yay!
Any news on your application? Have thry contacted you yt?? Our timeline are pretty the same. Do you guys have any idea on how long will it take before contacting us reg the confirmation sched?