+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

live- in caregiver OWP and PR applicants for august and september 2012 timeline

wins26

Feb 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yasmi said:
Hi,wins26 CIC received my application for PR and open work permit on Oct.2,I received the Email from CIC on Oct.7 and my Ecase have been seen on Oct.9.no any news about open work permit untill now!
So,when did you send yours?

You receive the email from the CIC right away? 5 days from the date that they receive it? Seriously? Then you can access now on ecas after 2 days? Your application is so fast, good for you :)

Mine, Cic receive it on nov 16, no update yet :(

ulemum

Aug 30, 2012
Please help:

I sent my work permit application to under LCP on 19th november, they received it on 21st november. I eclosed all the documents, but I forgot to include a cover letter and and proof of my high school. I enclosed all my certificates and letter from my present employers and previous employers.

I am so worried because I havent received any acknowledgement or whatsoever. do you think they my application will be denied because of this?

yasmi

Mar 22, 2012
wins26 said:
You receive the email from the CIC right away? 5 days from the date that they receive it? Seriously? Then you can access now on ecas after 2 days? Your application is so fast, good for you :)

Mine, Cic receive it on nov 16, no update yet :(
Thanks wins26,yes it is all happened to my application,I think you will probably receive a email in days.Good luck and Merry Christmas!

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
So did you finally receive your OWP?

Carol m said:
I just called cic and they said my OWP is on its way. They sent it 3 days ago!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wheeeeeee :) Just so curious what they will do with my husbands...reject or maybe also issue one?? Mine should be here maybe today!
Good luck to all of u guys as well!

speedo13

Dec 27, 2012
Hello Everyone.

Does anyone know how long a spouse being sponsored for PR will receive notification from CIC? By the way my wife is under LIC program and got her open permit just recently after applying for open permit and permanent residency at the same time.

What to expect after an open permit is issued? I am presently working in South Korea and I understand that my wife filled some papers in my behalf as part of the required documents to her application for PR. What I am not sure is that how can CIC forward me a notification only having my address on the Sponsored Dependant documents. There is no contact information on the documents perse.

How long will it take to hear or receive documents I need to fill? Anyone who has the same experience?

clio84

Oct 31, 2012
Hi Girls,

I hope you had a Merry Xmas and I wish a Happy New Year full of blessings. I have a question in case anybody have heard. I live in On and I'm planning on going back to school but I'd need a loan because it's quite expensive. I know people here in ON fund their education through OSAP, but to qualify you have to be either Citizen or Permanent Resident. I got my OWP, on Ecas I have the status "Application Received". On my OWP the remark is " Lic pending apr. temporary resident status maintaIned as Per R183(6)

Anybody knows about a similar case?

Thanks!

joyz0805

Dec 31, 2012
Hello guys esp to my fiipino country men out here just wanna seek help guys I'm here I hogkog working as a domestic helper planning.to go in toronto do you know.any agencyy that has.no placement fee??? By the way congrats to those whoy go there owp and pr

miska28

Jan 9, 2013
Hi,

I sent my application for PR and OWP on October 22nd. They received it on October 23rd.
CIC sent me an acknowledgement letter on December 21st.
Havent received open work pemit yet. I am checking every day and feel so frustrated. Can not wait till I get my freedom.
I called CIC few times and I was told it takes 4 months before they issue open work permit.
Hope it will not take that long. Many nannies got their within 3 months.
Wish you all a good luck...

miska28

Jan 9, 2013
Hi,

I called CIC today and was told that they can not see the payment or application for my Open Work Permit in their syste. They just could see that I paid for Permanent Residency.
Did anyone had same experience? I sent both receipts and applications in the same envelope, so I hope it did not get lost. Do you think that it is just that agents in Vegreville did not put it in their system?
I hope so...This is getting annoying. Not sure what to think. I never get clear answer from CIC.

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
Did you send your application package in one envelop?

miska28 said:
Hi,

I called CIC today and was told that they can not see the payment or application for my Open Work Permit in their syste. They just could see that I paid for Permanent Residency.
Did anyone had same experience? I sent both receipts and applications in the same envelope, so I hope it did not get lost. Do you think that it is just that agents in Vegreville did not put it in their system?
I hope so...This is getting annoying. Not sure what to think. I never get clear answer from CIC.

miska28

Jan 9, 2013
job_seeker said:
Did you send your application package in one envelop?
Hi,

I did send it one envelope. Application+receipt for PR and Application+receipt for OWP.
Not sure what is going on. CIC told me to send Explanation letter and copy of the receipt for OWP to Vegreville again.
They had to receive it, cause everything was in one envelope. Have you ever heard about someone with the same issue? Thanks for you reply.

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
No, not really, except people I know paid in a single receipt. Previous posts had 3 months elapsed before they received their OWPs. Give it another two weeks, and you can send a letter/enquiry, as the agent suggested.

miska28 said:
Hi,

I did send it one envelope. Application+receipt for PR and Application+receipt for OWP.
Not sure what is going on. CIC told me to send Explanation letter and copy of the receipt for OWP to Vegreville again.
They had to receive it, cause everything was in one envelope. Have you ever heard about someone with the same issue? Thanks for you reply.

miska28

Jan 9, 2013
job_seeker said:
No, not really, except people I know paid in a single receipt. Previous posts had 3 months elapsed before they received their OWPs. Give it another two weeks, and you can send a letter/enquiry, as the agent suggested.
I do not know why I did not send single receipt. At the time I probably thought I should pay for it separately. What about you? Do you have your OWP?