+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

live- in caregiver OWP and PR applicants for august and september 2012 timeline

richmondhill

Star Member
Feb 20, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

Sometimes when you call C.I.C the agent who will speak to you are not really helpful. They will try to finished the conversation as much as possible.
From what I experience when I call them to inquire about my application, the agent told me immediately that there is no result yet, the processing is 4-5months. But I continue asking her and I questioned her that how did she knows tha there is no result yet? She didnt even bother to ask me my UIC! And then I told her that I have a friend and this friend of mine she called C.I.C then the agent told her that it was approved. Then the agent told me that they are not allowed to check in applicationthat that didnt reach the 4months processing period. So I asked her something "so do you mean to say the agent who spoked and checked to my friend on the phone is just doing a favor to my friend? And then I asked her again to just pls. Check my application! Then after a long conversation she suddenly ask me about the details of my application. Then after few mins. She told me that it was approved on jan. 8.

Sometimes we need to make a conversation with them. Specially when you know what you are asking them.

VILLAGEHUA

Star Member
Jan 23, 2010
I called CIC today, a male officer was so mean and said to me that I didn't answer his questions (because my
phone connection was pool). He didn't let me continue and asked me call again. What a awful attitude! :'(
Then I called again, a lady who has a opposite attitude said the OWP takes 4 months. I hope is not true, it just take like you guys' time (3months).

OWP& PR sent on 2012/10/19
CIC received on 2012/10/24
Received CIC letter and file number on 2012/12/24

richmondhill

Star Member
Feb 20, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yasmi said:
I received my OPW today!super happy!
Good luck to everybody!
Hi yasmi,

Just want to ask something, if its ok. When you received your OWP permit is there any details or info in there, like your phone number or the same thing with our working permit?

It's just that i am not the one who open the letter, my employer.

Thank you so much

wins26

Feb 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
richmondhill said:
Hi yasmi,

Just want to ask something, if its ok. When you received your OWP permit is there any details or info in there, like your phone number or the same thing with our working permit?

Thank you so much
Same info like on the wp, but the only difference are the employer's name and location, its says OPEN :)

richmondhill

Star Member
Feb 20, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wins26 said:
Same info like on the wp, but the only difference are the employer's name and location, its says OPEN :)
Hi wins26,

Thank you so much. I just don't want them to know that i have a phone number ;)

Thank you so much again.

miska28

Jan 9, 2013
VILLAGEHUA said:
I called CIC today, a male officer was so mean and said to me that I didn't answer his questions (because my
phone connection was pool). He didn't let me continue and asked me call again. What a awful attitude! :'(
Then I called again, a lady who has a opposite attitude said the OWP takes 4 months. I hope is not true, it just take like you guys' time (3months).

OWP& PR sent on 2012/10/19
CIC received on 2012/10/24
Received CIC letter and file number on 2012/12/24
Hello,

they received your application one they after they received mine. Can you please post here again, when you will have something new? Have you called CIC about your OWP?

miska28

Jan 9, 2013
richmondhill said:
Hi yasmi,

Thank you so much
Why did your employer open your letter? They are not allowed to do that without your permission. It is your personal mail...

miska28

Jan 9, 2013
wins26 said:
I have friend of mine that passed his application on Oct 15 and CIC received it Oct 19, he received the comfirmation on Dec 16, now his OWP got approved yesterday so you are next in line :)
Hello again,

I got so excited when I read your post about your friend. It gave me a hope, so I decided to call CIC today.
Not sure what to think now and I feel very frustrated, almost desperate.
I talked to 2 different agents today. The first one told me that she can not see my application for OWP in the system. Basically, she could not trace it, I was on hold for quite awhile. I send all my papers and receipts in one envelope. She told me to send a letter and copy of the receipt to Vegreville. I already did that and they received it this tuesday. She told me it takes up to 4 weeks before they even open my letter. I can not believe this.
I called again like 20 minutes later. Another agent told me, that it is normaln, that they can not see my application for OWP in their system and I should wait till 23rd of February and if I do not get it by then, I should call back and they will follow up...seriously??? I do not know who to believe anymore.
Can they see you OWP application when you call? Maybe its normal, but what if not??? I do not get it..maybe they misplaced it..I feel like crying right now:(

richmondhill

Star Member
Feb 20, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
miska28 said:
Why did your employer open your letter? They are not allowed to do that without your permission. It is your personal mail...
Hi,

To make the story short. I don't live in there anymore after i gave birth. And that day after calling C.I.C i phoned my employer and they told me that i have a letter from C.I.C. And they ask me if they can open the mail, i said yes.

;)

miska28

Jan 9, 2013
richmondhill said:
Hi,

To make the story short. I don't live in there anymore after i gave birth. And that day after calling C.I.C i phoned my employer and they told me that i have a letter from C.I.C. And they ask me if they can open the mail, i said yes.

;)
Gotcha ;)

wins26

Feb 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
miska28 said:
Hello again,

I got so excited when I read your post about your friend. It gave me a hope, so I decided to call CIC today.
Not sure what to think now and I feel very frustrated, almost desperate.
I talked to 2 different agents today. The first one told me that she can not see my application for OWP in the system. Basically, she could not trace it, I was on hold for quite awhile. I send all my papers and receipts in one envelope. She told me to send a letter and copy of the receipt to Vegreville. I already did that and they received it this tuesday. She told me it takes up to 4 weeks before they even open my letter. I can not believe this.
I called again like 20 minutes later. Another agent told me, that it is normaln, that they can not see my application for OWP in their system and I should wait till 23rd of February and if I do not get it by then, I should call back and they will follow up...seriously??? I do not know who to believe anymore.
Can they see you OWP application when you call? Maybe its normal, but what if not??? I do not get it..maybe they misplaced it..I feel like crying right now:(

They were right, you have to wait for your 3 months, usually it takes 3 months to get the open work permit plus mailing time, just relax and wait, they were slow right now because of the holidays last december. About the document that you had been sent before, yes it takes time to open it, they dont open documents if they receive it, because of the volume of documents that they receive every day they cant open right away, so be patience, like mine, i send a new photocopy of passport on January 6th and they received it January 10th, but still not on their system yet, so just wait. About the open, no, they cant view it as long as they not processing it, if they process your open already and you got approved, they will tell right away, but because of your case, they cant view it, they are only the agent not the officer, they dont know what happening to your application, they just say what they saw on their system, so dont blame them, heheh, goodluck

jangs0524

Jan 1, 2013
Jeanette41810 said:
@ ellahs23: your welcome..
@ kate: try to call CIC as I phoned (follow-up) them A day before they issued my OWP (August 15), and the call center agent told me that they received my app its just that they are on April 17, 2012 app still. So i've been expecting then that I'll receive it by October but luckily i got it on the 20th of Aug. so my employer and I think that if I didn't call maybe they won't send me yet. I do have a friend who sent her app same day as mine but she haven't receive hers. Well her case is kinda funny tho coz she told me that when she apply for the renewal of her work permit, they issued OWP. She's been here 24 months but she knows that she's not yet qualified for the app for OWP/PR as she change employer 2x so there are months that she's unemployed but they gave her OWP instead of Work Permit. She inform the CIC and she said they admit that it's their mistake and they will send her work permit but it never happen until she applied for OWP/PR. I told her to follow-up but she says she's scared that it may cause delay of an app if you keep on doing it, so that's her choice. It's a long story but that's what my friend's story.
hi jeanette
need a little help here please what are the requirements in renewing work permit? because my plan is not to work with the same employer anymore after my 2years on october 31 this year..please message back i really need your help on this matter.
thanks and godbless.

richmondhill

Star Member
Feb 20, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jangs0524 said:
hi jeanette
need a little help here please what are the requirements in renewing work permit? because my plan is not to work with the same employer anymore after my 2years on october 31 this year..please message back i really need your help on this matter.
thanks and godbless.

Hi,

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/caregiver/extend-stay.asp

Go to that link and you will find all the forms and guidelines that you are looking for.

Hope that helps.

Good luck.

yasmi

Mar 22, 2012
hi richmondhill,happy for you !
sorry to reply you late,since i came back home with my family now.as wins26 said ,i did not find my phone number on the letter!
good luck.

miska28

Jan 9, 2013
Hello,

I just want to post my timeline. Hope it will help you guys.

PR and OWP application sent on 22nd of October 2012
Received in Vegreville on 23rd of October 2012
CIC sent an acknowledgement letter on 21st of December 2012
OWP approved on 22nd of January 2013

I just called them today and was told that my owp was approved yesterday and I should receive it sometimes next week. Wish you all a good luck and lots of patience.