live- in caregiver OWP and PR applicants for august and september 2012 timeline

richmondhill

Star Member
Feb 20, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
miska28 said:
Hello,

I just want to post my timeline. Hope it will help you guys.

PR and OWP application sent on 22nd of October 2012
Received in Vegreville on 23rd of October 2012
CIC sent an acknowledgement letter on 21st of December 2012
OWP approved on 22nd of January 2013

I just called them today and was told that my owp was approved yesterday and I should receive it sometimes next week. Wish you all a good luck and lots of patience.

Congratulation! ;)

VILLAGEHUA

Star Member
Jan 23, 2010
Hi winska28
Did you apply through 24months or 3900hours? CIC received my application on October 24,2012 and I received my knowledge letter on December 24. I check online and no any further news yet.

miska28

Jan 9, 2013
VILLAGEHUA said:
Hi winska28
Did you apply through 24months or 3900hours? CIC received my application on October 24,2012 and I received my knowledge letter on December 24. I check online and no any further news yet.
Hi,

I applied under Option 2 - 3900 hours. If I were you, I would definitely call CIC tomorrow and ask them if your owp was approved. If they tell you it takes 4 months, just ask them if they can check your application anyways. Yours might be already approved too. Good luck:)
When I check online it does not say anything about my owp, just that my application for PR was received on 23rd of October.

VILLAGEHUA

Star Member
Jan 23, 2010
Thank you for your suggastion and I call CIC today then they said my OWP have been issued on January 22. I was applied option 2 (3900hours)

CIC received my application on 2012/10/24
Received acknowledge letter on 2012/12/24
OWP issued on 2013/01/22. waiting for the document

Good luck for other live in caregivers.

wins26

Feb 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VILLAGEHUA said:
Thank you for your suggastion and I call CIC today then they said my OWP have been issued on January 22. I was applied option 2 (3900hours)

Congrats, did you apply exactly 22 months or more than? How many regular and overtime hours did you declare if you dont mind to tell? I applied for 22 months to, exactly 22 months so i just wanna know some same situation like mine thats why i am asking, thanks and congrats again

And 1 more thing, could you please call the cic automated system if they change your application received? Thanks, press 1, 2, 8 then enter the cliend id then press 1 then enter the birthyear then 1 then listen to the updates, please and thank you

VILLAGEHUA

Star Member
Jan 23, 2010
Why do I need to do that? Is that important? Just wondering. My total hour are 4000 and in 23 months. Because mI didn't work out with my second employer so I tried to apply my PR and owp.

wins26

Feb 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VILLAGEHUA said:
Why do I need to do that? Is that important? Just wondering. My total hour are 4000 and in 23 months. Because mI didn't work out with my second employer so I tried to apply my PR and owp.
Oh so more than 22 months then, nice, so you are unemployed when you apply? I just wanna know if they change your updates on the automated message, if you dont wanna do its fine, not a problem

angelstar

Jan 20, 2013
hello there...im just new here...any advice...i will renew my work permit...it will be expired this coming june 2013...i will be working with the same employer...how long will it take to get the renewed work permit?how many months or year will they grant?

on august 2013, i will be completing my 24months,so therefore i can apply already for open permit and PR...but when im reading the guidelines for PR application,its kinda freaking me out coz they are asking for police clearance from where i worked before(Qatar) and now I have no idea how i can get one...the options listed are not easy though..only im thinking if i can send and ask thru mail to Qatar embassy in Ottawa coz im living in toronto.Can somebody help me out if you encounter the same thing...Also one of the requirement is fingerprint form,where can i get this?

thanks...

richmondhill

Star Member
Feb 20, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
angelstar said:
hello there...im just new here...any advice...i will renew my work permit...it will be expired this coming june 2013...i will be working with the same employer...how long will it take to get the renewed work permit?how many months or year will they grant?

on august 2013, i will be completing my 24months,so therefore i can apply already for open permit and PR...but when im reading the guidelines for PR application,its kinda freaking me out coz they are asking for police clearance from where i worked before(Qatar) and now I have no idea how i can get one...the options listed are not easy though..only im thinking if i can send and ask thru mail to Qatar embassy in Ottawa coz im living in toronto.Can somebody help me out if you encounter the same thing...Also one of the requirement is fingerprint form,where can i get this?

thanks...

Hi,

I came from middle east also. What i did is i submitted my police clearance when i was applying for the visa as a live-in caregiver That was year 2008. I photo copy the old police clearance from where i came from and i included to my application for OWP/PR. But make it sure that you cant really get a police clearance here to that country where you came from.

Thanks god that i didnt encounter any problem.

Hope that my experience help you a little bit.

miska28

Jan 9, 2013
VILLAGEHUA said:

Congrats :)

angelstar

Jan 20, 2013
richmondhill said:
Hi,

I came from middle east also. What i did is i submitted my police clearance when i was applying for the visa as a live-in caregiver That was year 2008. I photo copy the old police clearance from where i came from and i included to my application for OWP/PR. But make it sure that you cant really get a police clearance here to that country where you came from.

Thanks god that i didnt encounter any problem.

Hope that my experience help you a little bit.
thanks for the info.i think i still kept a copy of police clearance that i used for visa.hope i can use it also.didnt they question u why u didnt get a new one?or did u wrote explanation?did u tried getting new one?

thanks...

richmondhill

Star Member
Feb 20, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
angelstar said:
thanks for the info.i think i still kept a copy of police clearance that i used for visa.hope i can use it also.didnt they question u why u didnt get a new one?or did u wrote explanation?did u tried getting new one?

thanks...
Hi,

No,they didnt ask me. And i didnt make any letter. I just make it sure that i cant req. from here. When you include your old police clearance dont forget the english translation to included.

Good luck and god bless us all

angelstar

Jan 20, 2013
richmondhill said:
Hi,

No,they didnt ask me. And i didnt make any letter. I just make it sure that i cant req. from here. When you include your old police clearance dont forget the english translation to included.

Good luck and god bless us all

thank you for the info...