+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

live- in caregiver OWP and PR applicants for august and september 2012 timeline

eilahs23

Star Member
Apr 11, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@rollingolf -- yup somebody got OPW on the livein caregiver facebook page and she submitted july 4 and got OPW oct. 5 same as ewee

hope to get ours soon :)

eilahs23

Star Member
Apr 11, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi just have a news...somebody applied august 1 for pr/owp and already got her OWP last week

I cant wait to get mine :)

Newen7

Oct 18, 2012
Hi everyone I got my OWP yesterday. Here is my info. Hope it help! :)

Sent PR application: July 30, 2012
CIC received: Aug 1, 2012
OWP Approved: Oct 23, 2012
OWP received: Oct 27, 2012 (I'm in Calgary)

Good luck everyone! :)

Jeanette41810

Aug 7, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP Vegreville, Alberta
NOC Code......
LCP1
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2012
Congrats Newen7..not even two months hey?

eilahs23

Star Member
Apr 11, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@newen7 - can I ask something? did you send your application for OWP together with your PR in the same envelop or did you send them separate? just want to ask because my friend know someone who send OWP separate with the PR and also got her OWP same date as you.
thank you for your answer in advance :)

Newen7

Oct 18, 2012
eilahs23 said:
@ newen7 - can I ask something? did you send your application for OWP together with your PR in the same envelop or did you send them separate? just want to ask because my friend know someone who send OWP separate with the PR and also got her OWP same date as you.
thank you for your answer in advance :)
@eilahs23
I sent OWP together in the same envelop with my PR application. I know one of my friends who forgot to sent OWP application when she applied for PR. So she sent it separate and it took right about 3 months also. What I know is she kept calling CIC to find PR application and ask them to enclose OWP app into it.

Good Luck eilahs23

eilahs23

Star Member
Apr 11, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@newen7--thank you so much
yup agreed hope PR is as fast as OWP heheh :D

Jeanette41810

Aug 7, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP Vegreville, Alberta
NOC Code......
LCP1
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2012
That's what I am hoping too..

richmondhill

Star Member
Feb 20, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone!

I am august applicant also.

OWP/PR application submitted: october 9,2012
CIC Received: october 15,2012

Good luck and god bless to all of us.

Newen7

Oct 18, 2012
Um! I got an email from CIC tonight to tell my Application No. and to confirm that my PR application has been received by CIC.

Dose anybody got this kind of email recently?

@richmondhill, good luck to you. hope you get it soon. :)

clio84

Oct 31, 2012
Hi Girls, they received my application on August 27th. I've been waiting and going to the mailbox, but nothing yet so I decided to call CIC yesterday. She said it was normal not to receive anything so far and that they were opening envelopes sent on JUNE 18TH!!! OMG. I got really disappointed because I'm hoping to get my OWP by November. Besides I have a question for you guys to see if anybody can help me.I have been working for the same family the 2 years, but they don't need me anymore and the said they would wait for me until I get my OWP thinking it would arrive by early November. But now I don't know what to do, because they said they want to save money, they told me we would finish our contract and that I could stay with them for a short period until I'd get situated. Since I don't really know when that OWP is going to arrive I let them now and they told me to find out with CIC if I could get a temporary work permit or something since I need to find a new job. So I've been thinking about my options and it looks like I'd have to file for E.I. No other family is going to hire me if they know I'm going to leave soon, besides I don't want to be a nanny anymore. Is there anything I could do on the meantime of waiting for OWP? I'd think I couldn't apply for another work permit, since there is one on the way, is this correct? Also it would take longer for a new family to get a LMO that to wait for OWP, right? If anybody knows of a similar situation, please share. Thanks ! ;)