+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

live- in caregiver OWP and PR applicants for august and september 2012 timeline

rollingolf

Star Member
Sep 17, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Everyone,

I just got an email from CIC today saying that I need to submit a new "Schedule A Background/ Declaration". I just finished correcting my form and I will send it again tomorrow.

The good news is that I know that they just opened my application.

I hope they will not delay my application. :'(

Wish you all the best and good luck to you guys!

Newen7

Oct 18, 2012
clio84 said:
Hi Girls, they received my application on August 27th. I've been waiting and going to the mailbox, but nothing yet so I decided to call CIC yesterday. She said it was normal not to receive anything so far and that they were opening envelopes sent on JUNE 18TH!!! OMG. I got really disappointed because I'm hoping to get my OWP by November. Besides I have a question for you guys to see if anybody can help me.I have been working for the same family the 2 years, but they don't need me anymore and the said they would wait for me until I get my OWP thinking it would arrive by early November. But now I don't know what to do, because they said they want to save money, they told me we would finish our contract and that I could stay with them for a short period until I'd get situated. Since I don't really know when that OWP is going to arrive I let them now and they told me to find out with CIC if I could get a temporary work permit or something since I need to find a new job. So I've been thinking about my options and it looks like I'd have to file for E.I. No other family is going to hire me if they know I'm going to leave soon, besides I don't want to be a nanny anymore. Is there anything I could do on the meantime of waiting for OWP? I'd think I couldn't apply for another work permit, since there is one on the way, is this correct? Also it would take longer for a new family to get a LMO that to wait for OWP, right? If anybody knows of a similar situation, please share. Thanks ! ;)
Hi clio84

If it's nothing wrong with your application, you might get it before Nov 27th tho. I sent my application on July 30th and I got OWP on Oct 27th. Good luck.

rollingolf

Star Member
Sep 17, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi again everyone,

It's weird that I received an email from CIC saying they received my application on August 20th, 2012. I still haven't got OPW yet, though.

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
You can apply for another closed work permit but you need a new LMO before you can apply for a new one and by the time you received the LMO you would probably have the OWP on hand. You're right on for the OWP by November or early December if CIC continues processing the way it does now (three months before the package is opened). Two friends who are July (first week) applicants received OWP early Oct.

clio84 said:
Hi Girls, they received my application on August 27th. I've been waiting and going to the mailbox, but nothing yet so I decided to call CIC yesterday. She said it was normal not to receive anything so far and that they were opening envelopes sent on JUNE 18TH!!! OMG. I got really disappointed because I'm hoping to get my OWP by November. Besides I have a question for you guys to see if anybody can help me.I have been working for the same family the 2 years, but they don't need me anymore and the said they would wait for me until I get my OWP thinking it would arrive by early November. But now I don't know what to do, because they said they want to save money, they told me we would finish our contract and that I could stay with them for a short period until I'd get situated. Since I don't really know when that OWP is going to arrive I let them now and they told me to find out with CIC if I could get a temporary work permit or something since I need to find a new job. So I've been thinking about my options and it looks like I'd have to file for E.I. No other family is going to hire me if they know I'm going to leave soon, besides I don't want to be a nanny anymore. Is there anything I could do on the meantime of waiting for OWP? I'd think I couldn't apply for another work permit, since there is one on the way, is this correct? Also it would take longer for a new family to get a LMO that to wait for OWP, right? If anybody knows of a similar situation, please share. Thanks ! ;)

Nica_2012

Nov 1, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Good Morning Everyone!

So happy to see this forum for August 2012 OWP and PR applicants. I am waiting for my OWP approval too. Sent out my application August 26 and CIC received it on August 29. I am hoping and praying that it will come out soon because I don't have my employer now, she passed away October 2 last month. My contract with her will expire on May 2013, it could have been on March 2014 but I haven't renewed my passport prior to applying my work permit. My current situation is, the children of my employer still wants me to stay the house of their Mom until it is sold. I told them I am waiting for my OWP to come out end of November, so they said they will not cut-off yet my employment with their Mom until I get my OWP, still pay me and my taxes until end of November. I know my contract/employment with their Mom is already ceased when she died but the children said maybe it is still okey because I am still taking care the house of their Mom. One of the children asked advise from an agent and was told it is still okey to pay my taxes. Anyone who has the same experience of losing an employer?

Also, I was planning to go for vacation to the Philippines next year, was planning to renew TRV after I get my OWP, but I don't have my employer anymore. Is it possible that one of the children can draft the letter to the immigration to support my TRV application? And how would the letter go, will it state that my employer already passed away and I am still working as the housekeeper of the house. I really wish to go home next year, I miss my family so much. Need your advise.

Hello Rollingolf, what happened to your IMM5669 form, what is missing or what has been corrected. Are you mailing it back to the immigration or will just have to scan and attached to the email. Thank you.

To all, thank you very much for your very informative postings. I have been following this forum, and just decided to register here now so the questions that have been bothering me will be answered. So many sleepless nights, losing an employer and waiting the OWP.

Thank you and God bless us all.

rollingolf

Star Member
Sep 17, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@ Clio84,
I think you should wait for your OPW instead of doing LMO and Work Permit again. My friend waited about 3 months to get her LMO approved and now just submit her Work Permit.

@Nica_2012
I was wrong with my timeline about where I worked since my 18 birthday. I forgot to put 2010 instead of 2008. It's my bad :'(. I had a copy that's how I know I need to correct the form. I will send it out today and hope that they won't delay my OPW or PR process. I have an initial of the officer who sent me an email so I will just send a mail to them.

Nica_2012

Nov 1, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you Rollingolf....all the best for you and to the rest of us in this forum. God bless always.

rollingolf

Star Member
Sep 17, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@ Nica_2012

Oh, about your visa for returning home, I agree that you should wait for your OPW and then renew your visa. You can ask your employer's children to write you a letter state that you have been working with them as a housekeeper since (time) and receive wages of....

I think you should be ok with that :)

Good luck!

eilahs23

Star Member
Apr 11, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone I also receive email from CIC today nov. 2, 2012, to send new schedule A background declaration...they said they just need updated Schedule backround declaration form. just finished the form and ready to submit it later today....just happy that I know they already opened my application

I submitted august 26, 2012
received: august 28, 2012

Nica_2012

Nov 1, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Rollingolf, thank you very much for your advise.

Hello Eilahs23, what did you update in your newly filled up form. Thank you very much.

Take care and God bless always.

eilahs23

Star Member
Apr 11, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
just putting something under organization and military service...from august 2012 to present that what they only need. the thing is I only put I did not perform any organization/military service because the letter said just put that when didnt have anything and I also put on the employment history from august 2012 to present. Thats all they need from me.

eilahs23

Star Member
Apr 11, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wow I also receive another Email from CIC confirming that my application for permanent residence in Canada has been received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) on 2012/08/28. :)

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
Have you received your OWP?

eilahs23 said:
wow I also receive another Email from CIC confirming that my application for permanent residence in Canada has been received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) on 2012/08/28. :)

rollingolf

Star Member
Sep 17, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@eilahs32 Congratulations! Can you check you status online yet? I can check my status on eCas today.