+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Let's share timeline, PGWP March applicant

mumbaikar

Star Member
May 16, 2012
Can any of the applicant who was successful after contacting their MP please share the format of the letter they sent to MP? What are the files we need to attach and do we also need to write an authorization latter?

Many thanks

BrinaBee

Oct 22, 2015
Question,
My permit has been approved and i am going home on an emergency but I need to TRC to travel back. Which forms do I use to apply?

ruue

Nov 20, 2015
I just have a question

My post graduation was recently approved and am now trying to apply for the TR Visa for my passport. How much is the visa its telling me that the fee is a $100 but did not indicate if this is for a multiple entry visa or a single entry visa

Please advise

Thank You

lauraDz

Star Member
Sep 11, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Jubear and all,

I just want to clarify one thing that is very important for me:

I applied for my PGWP and I am still waiting for a decision. Can I start working for a new employer, if my study permit and SIN have already expired?

Thank you in advance for your help!

bluebloodedb

Dec 3, 2015
Re: Let's share timeline, PGWP May applicant

Applied: May 15
Request for $100: Sept 21st
Transcript request: 27th Nov
Timeline: 218 days

Hi Guys,

I was told to send my transcripts last week Friday which I did on the same day. I was wondering if they asked for that because I used a letter of graduation in my application which stated that my program was a two year program but my graduation date was in the third year. That got me worried because I had one term part time but that was because it was an off-term meaning I did not have any courses for that term due to the fact that I had a work term earlier which pushed my school calendar year for an extra term but I decided to take two courses during that off-term which made it a part time term.

I wanted to use the case specific form like Jo_Zhao did to explain my circumstance but it is written there that the form cannot be used twice and I have already used it before for a change of address in September.

I would appreciate any advice because this got me worried.

Thank you.

gwylily

Nov 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CIO Sydney N.S / CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-10-2015
AOR Received.
19-02-2016
Med's Request
10-05-2016
Med's Done....
28-05-2016
Passport Req..
Still waiting....
Hi everyone! It's incredible that mine got APPROVED today!!

Thanks you guys for sharing your experiences and timelines during the long waiting period.

My timeline:

Applied 30th June, full amount paid;
Blank update: 11th Oct.
Approved: 3rd Dec. (online status changed, but confirmation letter to receive)
Waited: 156 days

Good luck to everyone who's still waiting.

mets15

Star Member
Oct 22, 2015
gwylily said:
Hi everyone! It's incredible that mine got APPROVED today!!

Thanks you guys for sharing your experiences and timelines during the long waiting period.

My timeline:

Applied 30th June, full amount paid;
Blank update: 11th Oct.
Approved: 3rd Dec. (online status changed, but confirmation letter to receive)
Waited: 156 days
Hi there, congrats!! Did you contact anyone for help?? I've been in touch with my MP since October and I am still waiting. Applied on June 26th so any insight would be great, thanks!

gwylily

Nov 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CIO Sydney N.S / CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-10-2015
AOR Received.
19-02-2016
Med's Request
10-05-2016
Med's Done....
28-05-2016
Passport Req..
Still waiting....
mets15 said:
Hi there, congrats!! Did you contact anyone for help?? I've been in touch with my MP since October and I am still waiting. Applied on June 26th so any insight would be great, thanks!
Hi mets15, I wrote an e-mail through the CIC online form and called CIC about 3 weeks ago. There was no reply from the online e-mail. And the lady of CIC's call center told me she would send a notification to VOs And that's it. I guess the CIC is now cleaning up all the delays.
All the best to you!

livials

Sep 29, 2015
mumbaikar said:
Hi Jo_Zhao,

Can you please post the format of your email to your MP and what documents did you attache with the mail? Do you also need to write a declaration authorizing them to check your case?

I applied on 26th June and still waiting.

Thanks
Hi,

I have same situation with you, applied on 26th June and still waiting.

concerned imm

Nov 21, 2015
I applied on June 27 and still waiting. Almost everyone who applied around that time is still waiting. Are they experiencing technical difficulties or what ?

jiajialin92

Aug 12, 2015
can anybody help me ... please help

after approved on 26, I'm waiting for the letter.

but when i open cic account again today, it shows updated and they request for all my transcripts for my stuides in Canada, what is this mean ??

please help !!

VPoutine

Sep 30, 2015
May 29th applicant.
The column details on the main page has changed to approved, however if I push into the page - the application profile still says open and the final decision "not started. Weird, but Im glad to get at least some action after half a year of waiting.

Anybody else from May 29 see that with their status?

Cheers

chakaaaaa said:
May 30 applicant. Got a blank update today after 4 months of silence. Fingers crossed

VPoutine

Sep 30, 2015
Hey buddy,

Did they ask you to upload those online? If yes then just upload it.
If they want the paper version. You may wanna ask the student office for another sealed envelop with your transcripts asap and send it to CIC.

Keep us posted.

jiajialin92 said:
can anybody help me ... please help

after approved on 26, I'm waiting for the letter.

but when i open cic account again today, it shows updated and they request for all my transcripts for my stuides in Canada, what is this mean ??

please help !!

jiajialin92

Aug 12, 2015
VPoutine said:
Hey buddy,

Did they ask you to upload those online? If yes then just upload it.
If they want the paper version. You may wanna ask the student office for another sealed envelop with your transcripts asap and send it to CIC.

Keep us posted.
they want me to fax to them? so they want a original copy? the problem is my boyfriend is not in canada. i don't have original coy with me, and i can only scan to my girlfrind and ask her to fax for me.

just see the letter, and realize that due date is today...