Let's share timeline, PGWP March applicant

Netz

Star Member
Sep 30, 2015
Alex Z said:
Unbelievably. Approved!

Applied: May 20th
Blank Update: July 31st, August 11th, November 29th
Paid $100: September 15th (wasn't asked by CIC, attached receipt via CSE and never heard back)
Mail delivery: waiting

I will update my timeline again when I receive an actual permit.
Many many congratulations my friend

thunderbird22

Sep 29, 2015
I had the same experience. It takes 24 hours for the official notification. Nothing to worry. Stay positive...
niekangli said:
Something amazing happend today !
I checked my application status, it was shown updated first, then changed to submitted after I refresh the page. Few mins later, I logged into the web, it says your action is required, then I refresh it and it changed to Approved !
hope everything goes right

didn't receive any email, still waiting for the official notification to come....
application sumbitted on June 13 (paid full amount)

guillecr

Star Member
Oct 14, 2015
I got my WP in the mail Yesterday. Here is my timeline.

- Applied: May 2nd, 2015
- Paid: $155
-Payment Request: Aug 18th
- Blank updates: Monthly
- Approval: Nov 26th, 2015
- Mail delivery: Received on Dec 1st. Wait time 6 Month, 31 days

My permit is valid for one year ( Dec 14th, 2016) because my passport expire the same date, but the permit has a remark say this:
Document issued to passport expiry date; must be renewed for further extensions.

But it doesn't say for how many time i can renew it.... anybody with something similar?

Thanks a lot for all your help and support guys.

lady0421

Star Member
Sep 10, 2015
NOC Code......
Lady0421
Applied: May 2nd
Paid $100: Aug 18th
Blank Update: July 31, Aug 30th, Sep 29th, Oct 29
Current Status: Approved on 26 November, 2015 - Wait time: 208 days, 6 months and 24 days
Mail Delivery: December 1, 2015 - Wait time: 213 days or 6 months, 30 days.

A 3 year work permit was issued. However, the conditions do not authorize me to work in 'health service field occupations' or to take professional/vocational training courses. Having completed a master in counselling psychology, I'm not sure why it prohibited me from working in the field of health care, and if I cannot take professional training courses, I'll lose my CCPA registration (Canadian Counselling and Psychotherapy Association) as well :(

loocyb1008

Sep 28, 2015
lady0421 said:
Lady0421
Applied: May 2nd
Paid $100: Aug 18th
Blank Update: July 31, Aug 30th, Sep 29th, Oct 29
Current Status: Approved on 26 November, 2015 - Wait time: 208 days, 6 months and 24 days
Mail Delivery: December 1, 2015 - Wait time: 213 days or 6 months, 30 days.

A 3 year work permit was issued. However, the conditions do not authorize me to work in 'health service field occupations' or to take professional/vocational training courses. Having completed a master in counselling psychology, I'm not sure why it prohibited me from working in the field of health care, and if I cannot take professional training courses, I'll lose my CCPA registration (Canadian Counselling and Psychotherapy Association) as well :(
To work in the health service field you need to complete an up front medical exam and should have submitted it with your application, but I know that CIC does not make that clear when applying for a pgwp.

www . cic . gc . ca / english / information / medical / medexams-temp . asp

www . cic . gc . ca / english / helpcentre / answer . asp?q=844&t=25

It looks like you have to submit an application to change your work permit conditions.

Maria112233

Nov 6, 2015
Hi all!
Does any one know:
1. How often does PGWP get refused?
2. If having a delayed application means that it's going to get refused?
3. If adding an offer of employment will fasten the processing time?
4. If anyone had it delayed and got it accepted recently?

guillecr

Star Member
Oct 14, 2015
Guys one question, now that i get my PGWP i have to renew my visa?

the one that i have right now is salid until march..i cannot renew it right now because i'm traveling in 2 weeks...

guillecr

Star Member
Oct 14, 2015
Maria112233 said:
Hi all!
Does any one know:
1.- Since I have been in this forum i'm pretty sure that 99% of the people get approve.
2.- What you mean by delayed? do you have more that 90 days?
3.- It wont fasten you processing time. you should not do that because you permit can be issued just for that employer.
4. I don't know of somebody who applied over the 90 days.

jubear

May 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
guillecr said:
I got my WP in the mail Yesterday. Here is my timeline.

- Applied: May 2nd, 2015
- Paid: $155
-Payment Request: Aug 18th
- Blank updates: Monthly
- Approval: Nov 26th, 2015
- Mail delivery: Received on Dec 1st. Wait time 6 Month, 31 days

My permit is valid for one year ( Dec 14th, 2016) because my passport expire the same date, but the permit has a remark say this:
Document issued to passport expiry date; must be renewed for further extensions.

But it doesn't say for how many time i can renew it.... anybody with something similar?

Thanks a lot for all your help and support guys.
Guillecr,

Yes, you can renew your PGWP to the maximum time you were supposed to get if your passport needed to be renewed. In essence you will have to go through the same application process again.

However, a PGWP is a one-time opportunity for international students. Once you get your full duration, you can't renew it.

So what do you need after a PGWP? You will apply for what we call a;

Bridge open work permit (BOWP):
A BOWP allows a qualified applicant whose WP is about to expire to keep working while they wait for a final decision on their PR application.
For further info and to learn more about a BOWP, go to: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/work/prov/bridging.asp.

Cheers!

mets15

Star Member
Oct 22, 2015
jubear said:
Guillecr,

Yes, you can renew your PGWP to the maximum time you were supposed to get if your passport needed to be renewed. In essence you will have to go through the same application process again.

However, a PGWP is a one-time opportunity for international students. Once you get your full duration, you can't renew it.

So what do you need after a PGWP? You will apply for what we call a;

Bridge open work permit (BOWP):
A BOWP allows a qualified applicant whose WP is about to expire to keep working while they wait for a final decision on their PR application.
For further info and to learn more about a BOWP, go to: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/work/prov/bridging.asp.

Cheers!
Can the renewal be done at the border Jubear?

jubear

May 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Maria112233 said:
Hi all!
Does any one know:
Maria112233,

Qn 1 & 2: A PGWP can be refused as long as the applicant hasn't met the conditions/requirements such as;
a- Invalid status at the time of application. This means that the applicant either applied after a required 90 days window or the SP was invalid or both.
b- Submission of invalid documents. For example, submitting a student online unofficial transcript.
c- Submission of fake documents.
d- Not submitting all required documents.
e- Not paying the full fees. A common example is for those who CIC requested to pay the extra $100 (OWP holder fee), but don't pay it under the deadline given to them after the request. This deadline is usually 7-10 days.
f- Incorrect information/misrepresentation on the form IMM5710E.
g- Gaps in your studies/didn't attend full-time studies might also lead to more scrutiny and delays.

Qn 3: You don't need an offer of employment to apply for a PGWP. It might help speed up the application, but it rarely does. And as Guillecr said above, it only works against you. You might end up getting a restricted PGWP.
Ask yourself this; what if I want to get a better job? What if my working relationship with my boss goes sour? What if I want to move to a different province or city? What if I want to change my career with a different job position?

In other words a PGWP is the best type of open work permit (OWP) that gives you the freedom to work anywhere in Canada, for any employer, and in any job occupation of your choice (except for human trafficking, strip clubs, massage parlors, etc).

Qn 4: Lots of applicants get delayed (5-6 months +) if you've observed on this forum, but still end up getting approved after everything has been verified and acceptable to CIC.

Good luck.

Cheers!

jubear

May 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mets15 said:
Can the renewal be done at the border Jubear?
Mets15,

Yes, absolutely. As long as you are in status and have all documents as I've mentioned in previous posts.

Cheers!

Jo_Zhao

Nov 7, 2015
I finally got approved now! No more waiting time!!!

This is my timeline:
Applied: June 12th
Blank Update: Every Month
Case Review Sent: Nov 8th
PGWP Approval: Dec 2nd (173 days)
Mail Delivery: Waiting

MP is really helpful in my case. I emailed my local MP, and they told me they were setting up office but would love to set up meeting with me in next January. I replied and said it would be too late since I have been waiting for so long. In a few days, which is Nov 28th, my MP emailed me and told me they already called CIC and asked them the status of my application. CIC said that they would give us the answer within 10 days (by December 10th). Today I checked my CIC and it said I was approved!!!

But not all the MP are helpful. I did contact another MP when my local MP told me they were setting up their office. That MP didn't reply at all so I went back to find my local MP.

I was quite worried about my study permit, since my last two semesters were part-time study. I sent an email to case-review-im-enquiry and explained why I was doing part time. I was able to explain why I had to take part-time studies with my prove. They replied the next day and said the decision would be made by CIC officer (that's it!!!). But luckily, now it seems they did go through my explanation and approved my application.

Thank you all. I have followed this forum for a long time, and I did get helps from here. Thank you Stefanovic for answering my post about case review. Thank you Jubear for helping everyone here.

Stefanovic

Oct 6, 2015
Guys,

Sorry for being a little off topic but I just need to know if it is ok to travel to the US and enter canada with an expired visa but a valid work permit. I will be travelling by air.
Please let me know.

Thanks.

mets15

Star Member
Oct 22, 2015
jubear said:
Mets15,

Yes, absolutely. As long as you are in status and have all documents as I've mentioned in previous posts.

Cheers!
That's good to know, thanks Jubear. I am still waiting for my PGWP and I refuse to go through this again for the renewal. Only thing I am not sure about is the TRV. Is a valid TRV necessary for renewing at the border? I have a US visa and I've already been to the US and back on an expired TRV since I know it is allowed. Wondering if I need to spend money on a TRV before passport and PGWP renewals or if I can avoid it. I couldn't find anything certain about it.