+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Let's share timeline, PGWP March applicant

mets15

Star Member
Oct 22, 2015
Has anyone flagpoled to extend a PGWP? Is it possible? Still waiting for mine (day 158), really don't want to go through this again if I can go to the border to extend after my passport renewal :/.

jubear

May 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
utopia110 said:
Given the bold text, I am assuming you can't take this route if your study permit is expired :/
Utopia110,

You can only FP if you fulfill those requirements as a recent graduate. A valid SP gives you status and the first important requirement to have among others. Secondly, even if you apply online, you have to be in status; otherwise you will be asked to restore your status first online. Thirdly, it gives you the right to cross the border and return while still in status. Fourthly, it proves to the CBSA Officer that you've been studying legally and wish to apply (while in status) to change conditions or extend your stay in Canada as a worker.

I hope that explains the importance and why we are required to apply for a PGWP online, or POE, or paper, while still in status (valid SP). This is one of the reasons why CIC recommends the idea of applying for a document, including extensions at least 30 days before one's status expires. This recommendation applies to all immigration programs for those who are within Canada.

Cheers!

I want luck

Nov 4, 2015
Timeline

Submitted:May19, 2015(full amount)
Blank update: maybe in July
Approval: November26
Approval letter: Nov.27
Mail: November 30

ayaz94

Jan 1, 2013
I got the approval as well ;D

Applied : May 20th
Paid Additional $100 : 26 July
Blank Updates : 31st July, 12th Aug, 29th Nov
Approval : 30th Nov (194 Days)
Mail : Awaiting

Venkatrathnam

Dec 1, 2015
Hi guys,
I applied for pgwp on June 29th, 2015
Payment $255
Blank updates on : October 10th and October 23rd, 2015
Waiting time : 155 days and counting

Called CIC on 16th November and the agent said he flagged my application so someone will look at it.
Last week Monday I called and the agent was so rude because I called the CIC again.
Yesterday I called again to ask if I can do something or submit more documents the agent said to wait till February 17th and call the call center back.
I don't know what the **** answer was that from the agent.
I am so devastated by the answer and frustrated. Lost like 3 good job offers and gonna lose 4th job offer in a week.
Do anyone have suggestions? Please
I am so broke my parents could not manage my expenses anymore.

niekangli

Nov 21, 2015
You can contact your local MP, depends on your region, some might be very willing to help. If you have them send an enquiry to the CIC, you will have your application soon be approved.
You can also send an email to the minister of immigration, although I dont know if anyone in this fourm got a reply, it can help raise attenation. You can check on page 144 for some details.

Venkatrathnam said:
I applied for pgwp on June 29th, 2015

Called CIC on 16th November and the agent said he flagged my application so someone will look at it.
Last week Monday I called and the agent was so rude because I called the CIC again.
Yesterday I called again to ask if I can do something or submit more documents the agent said to wait till February 17th and call the call center back.
I don't know what the **** answer was that from the agent.
I am so devastated by the answer and frustrated. Lost like 3 good job offers and gonna lose 4th job offer in a week.
Do anyone have suggestions? Please
I am so broke my parents could not manage my expenses anymore.

hallylee

Oct 30, 2015
niekangli said:
sent a case specific enquiry on Nov.2.... received a response today saying my application has been received and is in queue to be processed...... so for anyone who submitted a CSE, don't expect to get a reply soon
I have sent CSE on Oct 29th and CIC received a response on Nov 25th with same message as yours. But I've got approved next day which was Nov 26th! so don't give up and you will get it soon :)

eva2015

Oct 19, 2015
ayaz94 said:
I got the approval as well ;D

Applied : May 20th
Paid Additional $100 : 26 July
Blank Updates : 31st July, 12th Aug, 29th Nov
Approval : 30th Nov (194 Days)
Mail : Awaiting
Tks for jubear and tks this fortum
Applied:may 19
Paid extra 100:june 12
Bank update:3 times,the last one on nov 29
Approved:nov 30
Approved letter:dec 1,2015
Mail delivery:waiting,i will update again when i get it.
I hope everyone who applied in may and june can approve asap,i totally understand how hard to go thought these crazy long period waiting.although i keep my working day by day.
A longer way to go for next part pr processing,but we r sure a bright future just in the corner.best wish to everyone and merry christmas!

dsmacmilan

Dec 1, 2015
Hello,

I would like to share my timeline and story.
Here's my timeline.

- Applied: June 1st, 2015
- Paid: Full amount ($255)
- Blank updates: two times in August.
- Approval: Nov 30th, 2015 (184 days)
- Mail delivery: Waiting

I was not only called in CIC a lot of times, but I also tired to contact with the local MPs. As you guys already know, CIC agents always said that I need to wait that would be the best way, which is wasteful my time and such a useless help. What I deeply frustrated that I could not contact my local MPs. Totally, I tried to contact three Conservative MPs in my area (Edmonton-Southern), my designated local MP has not been properly functioning because of the election both the phone and email that nobody has not been answered even the phone number does not existed anymore. Thus, I tired to contact the other two local MPs even though they are functioning to neighborhoods, but they also told me, you have to wait until my local MP's office is going to setting for constituency. That was the starting of November because I had have to leave Canada in order to travel my home country due to the family emergency. There was nothing I could do because nobody was helped me out, but I knew that I could enter into Canada as Visitor status because my country is luckily visa-exempt country. So I resigned working and let them know my circumstance. Before leaving, one of my professor suggested me sending a case specific inquiry at least, so I submitted that form before leaving. When I came back through Vancouver airport in 16th of Nov, I totally met two officers in person, they kindly checked and verified all my status even calling to CIC in Ottawa because they said the documentations looked okay. One of the officers, she told me that my case is processed by CIC in Ottawa, and it's still doing additional reviewing so she could not give a new temporary work permit in here, but it shouldn't be longer than December so she could only give me Visitors instead of the other as I know. And 20th of Nov, CIC was suddenly requested my official transcript from my university by the inquiry response through the online, I attached my file what I have immediately. Then yesterday, 30th of Nov, I've finally got it because that the website said that 'this application has been approved'. I'm so glad and happy that there is no longer waiting anymore.
I know most of you guys are struggling with this problem as same as me, but keep thinking positive. It must be approved unless you do have a fake document. Hope everyone has getting shortly.

Cheers,

Venkatrathnam

Dec 1, 2015
niekangli said:
You can contact your local MP, depends on your region, some might be very willing to help. If you have them send an enquiry to the CIC, you will have your application soon be approved.
You can also send an email to the minister of immigration, although I dont know if anyone in this fourm got a reply, it can help raise attenation. You can check on page 144 for some details.
Thanks Niekangli
What if the MP thinks she can't help or if it's too much?
Will the MP really help?
I found my local MP's email but not the phone number. Will the MP reply back for emails.

utopia110

Nov 30, 2015
Jubear:
Like always, thanks for the detailed reply.

I already exercised my study permit extension option. My masters was due to end in August whereas my visa was expiring on March 30th. So I applied for an extension and got my study permit/trv extended till the end of November 2015.

All the updates taking place on the processing times page gave me real hope. I thought maybe I will have my pgwp before Christmas. However the momentum has gone down over the last couple of weeks. I don't think I'd be getting it in 2015 sadly :/

I wanted to flagpole initially. But was afraid that I might get a shorter pgwp as my program was technically 1 year but I had 8 months internship on top of it. Now flagpole isn't an option either.

Applied: Aug 27th
Blank Update: October (once)

jubear said:
Utopia110,

You can only FP if you fulfill those requirements as a recent graduate. A valid SP gives you status and the first important requirement to have among others. Secondly, even if you apply online, you have to be in status; otherwise you will be asked to restore your status first online. Thirdly, it gives you the right to cross the border and return while still in status. Fourthly, it proves to the CBSA Officer that you've been studying legally and wish to apply (while in status) to change conditions or extend your stay in Canada as a worker.

I hope that explains the importance and why we are required to apply for a PGWP online, or POE, or paper, while still in status (valid SP). This is one of the reasons why CIC recommends the idea of applying for a document, including extensions at least 30 days before one's status expires. This recommendation applies to all immigration programs for those who are within Canada.

Cheers!

niekangli

Nov 21, 2015
Venkatrathnam said:
What if the MP thinks she can't help or if it's too much?
Will the MP really help?
I found my local MP's email but not the phone number. Will the MP reply back for emails.
It really depends your MP.
If they don't want to help, I guess then you have to wait....

niekangli

Nov 21, 2015
Something amazing happend today !
I checked my application status, it was shown updated first, then changed to submitted after I refresh the page. Few mins later, I logged into the web, it says your action is required, then I refresh it and it changed to Approved !
hope everything goes right

didn't receive any email, still waiting for the official notification to come....
application sumbitted on June 13 (paid full amount)

jinjinjin

Dec 2, 2015
Hey guys. Here is my roommate's timeline:

- Applied: Sep 8th, 2015
- Paid: Full amount ($255)
- Blank updates: one time in Nov.
- Approval: Nov 19th, 2015
- Mail delivery: Received on Nov 27th.

I applied for PGWP the same day. However, I got nothing. :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(