+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Let's share timeline, PGWP March applicant

ndrs11

Star Member
Jan 24, 2014
hi,
i just checked my application and it happens the same as yours. What lets yme download is a new IM5710e and NOT the one I submitted
I believe once you upload the form while submitting the application, the system validates the form and does not let you finalize the application unless all required parts are filled.
For example i saw in another post how the system was not letting an applicant finalize the application because the form he was using had a discrepancy in the name/date of birth and the information on CICs system, so he had to correct it in the form before submitting everything

so with that said, if you were able to submit your application, it is then obvious that the form was NOT in blank :)

numair728 said:
hey Guys,
Looks like May applicants are finally getting rid of the stress after getting their permits. congratulations to all. and all the best to everyone who has applied and is waiting. i applied on 2nd october. i have received an update on 17th november. and 2 emails stating"there has been no updates to the file"

thanks for the really good advise of cross checking the uploaded file on cic.

when i was applying for the PGWP, i saved my application files folder somewhere in my drive after applying online.

for the sake of cross checking, i opened my cic account today, to see my documents that i have attached with the application.
the only document which i was able to check is the imm5710e file since rest of the files can not be accessed or clicked on. therefore, i downloaded it and realized that all the fields in the form are empty. :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
rest of the files i cant see what i attached
anyone else got the same? or is it just me. MY GOD :(
how can i know that:
1- (what did i attach with my application) i.e. what pages i attached with my passport. can i check it at cic website?
2- (i am pretty sure that i uploaded IMM5710E after filling it. but now it looks like its not filled. is it same with everybody?

thanks all

ndrs11

Star Member
Jan 24, 2014
nuendo said:
I am very sure in the instructions they asked for the entire passport including all marked pages. It is even stated there on the upload page itself. I don't think it is enough to warrant a rejection, but it could well result in a delay since the files are assessed upfront for completeness and any omission makes them place it for an additional review. My recommendation is to attach the complete passport and send via CSE with a written note if necessary ( as a precaution)
Hi, it does not require the entire passport. It says the biodata information and marked pages if applicable.

Mark484

Jul 16, 2013
Hi Friends,

Here is my timeline

Applied: June 3rd, 2015
Approval: Nov 26th, 2015
Mail Delivery: December 2nd, 2015

Submitted application for TRV: December 3rd, 2015
Blank Updates: December 3rd, 2015
Request for Passport: N/A
Approval: N/A
Mail Delivery: N/A

Best of luck to all those who are waiting for work permit , I need help related to TRV, I want to travel on 25Th December. Do I still have a enough time to get my visa before 25 December ?

jiajialin92

Aug 12, 2015
my timeline~

Applied: May 10, 2015
Approval: Nov 26th, 2015, case reopened and required transcripts on December 3nd, 2015

now is waiting for approval again .......... sad news before my x-mas

Chatha94

Oct 13, 2015
Hello Guys
My Timeline
PGWP Applied: 8th may
Paid $100: August 25 (CSE)
Approval: 2 NOV
Mail: 9 NOv

TRV
Applied: 12 Nov
Request for passport: 17 NOV
Passport Delivered 19 NOV
Approval: 25 NOV
Passport Received: 26 NOV

I really appreciate the support this forum has provided me in stressful time. Thanks to all the anonymous members. CHEERS :)

numair728

Star Member
Apr 19, 2014
nuendo said:
Don't panic . I think once you filled in the right fields, crosschecked and attached, you are fine. I saw similar empty fields when i tried to download what I sent but my conviction was from the copy I saved for myself in my computer. I think those uploaded files are distorted from our end or so once we upload them.
thanks nuendo :)

numair728

Star Member
Apr 19, 2014
ndrs11 said:
hi,
i just checked my application and it happens the same as yours. What lets yme download is a new IM5710e and NOT the one I submitted
I believe once you upload the form while submitting the application, the system validates the form and does not let you finalize the application unless all required parts are filled.
For example i saw in another post how the system was not letting an applicant finalize the application because the form he was using had a discrepancy in the name/date of birth and the information on CICs system, so he had to correct it in the form before submitting everything

so with that said, if you were able to submit your application, it is then obvious that the form was NOT in blank :)
thank you ndrs :) its a word of satisfaction for me. fingers crossed im gonna get mine soon.

hdizzle

Star Member
Sep 8, 2015
I applied Sept 24th. and have received two emails regarding updates but nothing has happened online. I wonder if our applications will be delayed because of Christmas, new years etc. Canada government is LAZY!

mets15

Star Member
Oct 22, 2015
Hi guys,

I FINALLY got my approval!! Thought I would log in to check even though the status never changes and it said updated so I when I clicked in, it said closed and the application has been approved. So I guess I will get the email later today or tomorrow. Man, what a relief! I can finally get out of here for Christmas.

My timeline:

Applied: June 26th (paid full amount)
5 blank updates over the time like clockwork every 4 weeks
Approved: December 4th, 2015 (162 days or 5 months, 9 days)
Mail Delivery: Waiting

I guess contacting the MP finally helped! She said a message was sent from the Immigration Minister's office two days ago and today I got my decision.

thunderbird22

Sep 29, 2015
My timeline
Applied: June 8 ( full amount paid)
Blank updates: Aug 15, Aug 19
Approval: Nov 27 (173 days)
Mail delivery : December 4

xiaopan

Star Member
Sep 24, 2015
Just saw your post here! Yea, have a good trip this Christmas!

mets15 said:
Hi guys,

I FINALLY got my approval!! Thought I would log in to check even though the status never changes and it said updated so I when I clicked in, it said closed and the application has been approved. So I guess I will get the email later today or tomorrow. Man, what a relief! I can finally get out of here for Christmas.

My timeline:

Applied: June 26th (paid full amount)
5 blank updates over the time like clockwork every 4 weeks
Approved: December 4th, 2015 (162 days or 5 months, 9 days)
Mail Delivery: Waiting

I guess contacting the MP finally helped! She said a message was sent from the Immigration Minister's office two days ago and today I got my decision.

Alex Z

Star Member
Oct 23, 2015
just received my permit on mail.

Applied: May 20th
Blank Update: July 31st, August 11th, November 29th
Paid $100: September 15th (wasn't asked by CIC, attached receipt via CSE and never heard back)
Mail delivery: December 4th (198 days)

jeffli24

Nov 30, 2015
I thought you can only submit files if they request you to?

And I just realized that I only sent in the first page of my passport Huh Shocked Shocked Shocked Sad Sad Embarrassed
I just submitted the scan copy of all my stamped/marked pages through CSE. fingers crossed :-[ :-\

vasu_26

Aug 24, 2015
My timeline
Applied: Aug 08 ( full amount paid)
Blank updates: Aug 09, Oct 28
Approval: Dec 03
Mail delivery : Waiting
Follow-ups: Never called CIC !!

Thanks to Jubear and others for your support and motivation. Request further for throwing some light on TRV application process. Though I'll start researching on it while waiting for the Mail delivery.