+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Let's share timeline, PGWP March applicant

ayaz94

Jan 1, 2013
Hi Guys,

Can anyone clarify me on the following points.
1) I am applying for TRV after receiving my PGWP. After completing the questionnaire, it gives me the Form IMM5257 (Application for Visitor Visa (Temporary Resident Visa) made Outside of Canada). Is the Outside of Canada and Inside from Canada forms same? I don't know why it's appearing "outside of Canada" even though I am mentioning that my current residence is in Canada.

2) I am on Implied status. So, when it's asking about Immigration Status, should I mention Worker Or Student? (IMO I am a Worker)

3) I am working full time but not in my professional field. The questionnaire asks about written job offer. Should I mention Yes? (Right now, since it wasn't related to my profession, I marked "NO" to it).

I appreciate your sincere replies.

Thanks

Oct 4, 2015
Any may applicant left?
I applied on May 27th, still no response.
Cic said my application is under second review, I will call again next week.

gummybear101

Dec 4, 2015
Hi there, I had a question concerning my PGWP application. When I applied, I used a new passport that I had received 6days before I handed in the application, and so the passport didn't have any pages marked or any pages with visas and recent Canadian entries stamped on it. I wanted to find out if that would be a reason why the application is taking such a long time? And if I should have included the old passport with the marked pages as well? Also I didn't hand in a copy of my study permit since it wasn't on the list of required documents when I handed in the application will that be an issue since they have not said they need any additional documents from me?

Application timeline:
Applied: June 30th (paid fees ($255) in full)
Blank Update: July 1st
Approval: Still waiting :(

ayaz94

Jan 1, 2013
gummybear101 said:
Hi there, I had a question concerning my PGWP application. When I applied, I used a new passport that I had received 6days before I handed in the application, and so the passport didn't have any pages marked or any pages with visas and recent Canadian entries stamped on it. I wanted to find out if that would be a reason why the application is taking such a long time? And if I should have included the old passport with the marked pages as well? Also I didn't hand in a copy of my study permit since it wasn't on the list of required documents when I handed in the application will that be an issue since they have not said they need any additional documents from me?
No, you are okay with that. I did the same, renewed my passport and just sent (scanned) the bio data page. Neither I submitted scanned copy of study permit. Although in the form I mentioned the document no. of last issued document from CIC. It's just the backlog which is delaying :)

Nov 7, 2015
multiverselife said:
Any may applicant left?
I applied on May 27th, still no response.
Cic said my application is under second review, I will call again next week.
Hey, I applied May 28th and was just approved today Dec. 4th! They also had told me I was under a second review, so wouldn't be too concerned about it. Glad that's over with! All the best to everyone still waiting, it'll come!

mumbaikar

Star Member
May 16, 2012
I also finally got my approval
I just logged in and saw the status as updated so I when I clicked in, it said closed and the application has been approved. I didn't get any email notification yet.

Timeline:
Applied: June 26th (paid full amount)
Blank updates 4 times
Approved: December 4th, 2015 (162 days or 5 months, 9 days)
Mail Delivery: Waiting

gummybear101

Dec 4, 2015
ayaz94 said:
No, you are okay with that. I did the same, renewed my passport and just sent (scanned) the bio data page. Neither I submitted scanned copy of study permit. Although in the form I mentioned the document no. of last issued document from CIC. It's just the backlog which is delaying :)

Thank you so much for the response!!That eases my worries!

jubear

May 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ayaz94 said:
Hi Guys,

Can anyone clarify me on the following points.
1) I am applying for TRV after receiving my PGWP. After completing the questionnaire, it gives me the Form IMM5257 (Application for Visitor Visa (Temporary Resident Visa) made Outside of Canada). Is the Outside of Canada and Inside from Canada forms same? I don't know why it's appearing "outside of Canada" even though I am mentioning that my current residence is in Canada.

2) I am on Implied status. So, when it's asking about Immigration Status, should I mention Worker Or Student? (IMO I am a Worker)

3) I am working full time but not in my professional field. The questionnaire asks about written job offer. Should I mention Yes? (Right now, since it wasn't related to my profession, I marked "NO" to it).

I appreciate your sincere replies.

Thanks
Ayaz94,

1) Yes the forms are the same. However, the requirements are different.

2) Currently your status is; Worker. Purpose of visit is; Returning Worker.

3) Job Offer; No.

Cheers!

mets15

Star Member
Oct 22, 2015
mumbaikar said:
I also finally got my approval
I just logged in and saw the status as updated so I when I clicked in, it said closed and the application has been approved. I didn't get any email notification yet.

Timeline:
Applied: June 26th (paid full amount)
Blank updates 4 times
Approved: December 4th, 2015 (162 days or 5 months, 9 days)
Mail Delivery: Waiting
Congrats :D :D I guess it is finally our day!

PgwpUrgent

Nov 21, 2015
Hi, my pgwp got approved on nov 26th and got the confirmation letter on nov 27th. But until today I still waiting for the mail, I just wondering have anyone got approved around nov 26th still wait for the mail? Thanks.

needPermit

Star Member
Jul 9, 2015
Category........
AINP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18-05-2016
Doc's Request.
07-06-2017
Nomination.....
02-05-2016
AOR Received.
18-08-2016
Med's Request
07-06-2017
Med's Done....
07-013-2017
Hey Guys,

I would just like to update my final timeline.

PGWP Process
Applied: May 15, 2015
Blank Updates: Every month on the 14th.
$100 request: No request, paid thru CSE on Aug 18th.
$100 request confirmation: Aug 24th.
PGWP Approval: November 13th, 2015 (after getting MP involved)
Mail Delivery: November 18th, 2015

TRV Process
Applied: November 18, 2015
Passport Request: November 25, 2015
Approval: December 2, 2015
Mail Delivery: December 4, 2015

It has been a very long and tiring process. I hope you all get yours very soon. Get your MP involved if possible, mine helped me a lot during the crunch time.

Cheers,
needPermit

ayaz94

Jan 1, 2013
jubear said:
Ayaz94,

1) Yes the forms are the same. However, the requirements are different.

2) Currently your status is; Worker. Purpose of visit is; Returning Worker.

3) Job Offer; No.

Cheers!
Many thanks Jubear! :)

gummybear101 said:
Thank you so much for the response!!That eases my worries!
Your are most welcome :)

gummybear101

Dec 4, 2015
Another question, how do I get in touch with an MP in the Edmonton area? And how exactly do I format the email/phone call to convey my message? Thanks!!

jubear

May 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
[size=14pt]
It has been quite a wait, but you finally received it.

Congratulations to Netz, Mets15, Alex Z, Ayaz94, Lady0421, Vasu_26, Thunderbird22, Mark484, May2015, Chatha94, VPoutine, Jiajialin92, Guillecr, Pgpgwp, Gwylily, Jo_Zhao, Eva2015, Xiaopan, I Want Luck, Kris Vassilev, Pier39lab, and Koooy on the approval and/or receipt of your respective PGWP.

A big thank you again to those who continuously reach out to help others every week. You guys rock!

As always I ask that you continue sharing your experiences, ideas/tips, and full timelines. For those applying for TRVs and have shared your timelines, kudos to you. I encourage other TRV applicants to do the same. Hopefully you will receive them in time so you can travel home for Christmas.

For applicants still waiting for their PGWPs, stay positive and don't give up yet. No matter how long it takes, you will finally get it. Good luck.

Cheers!

koooy

Nov 16, 2015
UPDATED TIMELINE:
applied : june 16th (full amount)
blank updates: September 13th and September 16th
request for additional documents ( school transcript) : nov 5th
submitted additional documents (school transcript) : nov 13th
approval November: 28th
mail:December 3rd