+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Let's share timeline, PGWP March applicant

Alex Z

Star Member
Oct 23, 2015
ayaz94 said:
Hi Alex Z,

I will write "No" for it because we got Implied status in that transition period. We also applied for the worker status before the expiry of student status.
Thank you so much! I was thinking the same as you said but still a bit concerned ) always better to check!))))) thank you!

jiajialin92

Aug 12, 2015
jubear said:
[size=14pt]
It has been quite a wait, but you finally received it.

Congratulations to Netz, Mets15, Alex Z, Ayaz94, Lady0421, Vasu_26, Thunderbird22, Mark484, May2015, Chatha94, VPoutine, Jiajialin92, Guillecr, Pgpgwp, Gwylily, Jo_Zhao, Eva2015, Xiaopan, I Want Luck, Kris Vassilev, Pier39lab, and Koooy on the approval and/or receipt of your respective PGWP.

A big thank you again to those who continuously reach out to help others every week. You guys rock!

As always I ask that you continue sharing your experiences, ideas/tips, and full timelines. For those applying for TRVs and have shared your timelines, kudos to you. I encourage other TRV applicants to do the same. Hopefully you will receive them in time so you can travel home for Christmas.

For applicants still waiting for their PGWPs, stay positive and don't give up yet. No matter how long it takes, you will finally get it. Good luck.

Cheers!

Hi jubear, my approval changed to submitted, becasue they need additional document which is my transcripts and now I'm waiting again........ :'( :'( :'( :'(

yueCynthia

Nov 2, 2015
Here's my update:

yueCynthia
Applied: May 4th
Paid $100: Aug 25th
Blank Update: July 23, July 30
Current Status: Waiting as of Nov 2nd (day 182)
PGWP Approval: Nov 23
Delivery: Nov 30

Got approval on my first day of new job!! Cheers and keep positive everyone!!

yueCynthia

Nov 2, 2015
Now i have one more question about applying TRV.

Which form should I use, IMM5257E or IMM5708E? I read some posts in this forum but still got confused.

I'm on work permit right now and my visa expired back in June. Now I need to apply a new visa to travel outside of Canada next year in Jan.

Alex Z

Star Member
Oct 23, 2015
yueCynthia said:
Now i have one more question about applying TRV.

Which form should I use, IMM5257E or IMM5708E? I read some posts in this forum but still got confused.

I'm on work permit right now and my visa expired back in June. Now I need to apply a new visa to travel outside of Canada next year in Jan
3rd post from the top of this page. Jubear wrote what we need for TRV!)

kinkiww

Oct 22, 2015
just got my approval! it's incredible!

Here's my update:

Applied: May 29th
Paid $250: full amount
Blank Update: Nov 27
Current Status: Waiting as of Dec 5
PGWP Approval: Dec 5

Yesterday I called the CIC, the agent I spoke to agreed to send a notice finally. Then I told her how painful this experience is. She asked me to explain it in detail, and said she would write down my experience in the notice for CIC. In the end she gave me a link by email and advised me to write down my experience either through that link. I took her advice and opened that link which is the one asking for our comment on CIC's service quality. Definitely I complained it and explained our suffering for such a long time of painful waiting. Today, at about 1pm, I received the message for updating. I think it should be approved yesterday, as email notification usually arrives later.

Hope all of those who are still waiting will get your approval ASAP!

Cheers!

kinkiww

Oct 22, 2015
The link is at below, I believe all of us should go there to give our comments.

https://secure.cic.gc.ca/feedback-retroaction/feedback-retroaction-eng.aspx?_ga=1.159223353.2062273042.1411484201

Udocee

Nov 24, 2015
kinkiww said:
just got my approval! it's incredible!

Here's my update:

Applied: May 29th
Paid $250: full amount
Blank Update: Nov 27
Current Status: Waiting as of Dec 5
PGWP Approval: Dec 5

Yesterday I called the CIC, the agent I spoke to agreed to send a notice finally. Then I told her how painful this experience is. She asked me to explain it in detail, and said she would write down my experience in the notice for CIC. In the end she gave me a link by email and advised me to write down my experience either through that link. I took her advice and opened that link which is the one asking for our comment on CIC's service quality. Definitely I complained it and explained our suffering for such a long time of painful waiting. Today, at about 1pm, I received the message for updating. I think it should be approved yesterday, as email notification usually arrives later.

Hope all of those who are still waiting will get your approval ASAP!

Cheers!
I also applied on May 29. I called in on Thursday and the agent told me they were expecting a decision on my application that day (Dec. 3), that she'll put a note of inquiry for my application. Called again on Friday and the agent said same thing but that no decision had been made yet. I'm hoping I get it next week. Congrats again. :)

xiaopan

Star Member
Sep 24, 2015
Here is my timeline:

PGWP:
Applied: July 25th, 2015
Blank Updates: every month
Approval: Nov 16th, 2015
Mail Delivery: November 23rd, 2015

Submitted application for TRV: November 25th, 2015
Blank Updates: 2 blank updates on Nov 26 and 27.
Request for Passport: Dec 4 (sent my passport in the same day to Ottawa)
Approval: waiting
Mail Delivery: Not Yet

[/quote]

vicky0907wang

Dec 6, 2015
Just wondering any August Applicants got approved.. I applied on the Aug 31st.. but my friend who applied on the Sept.21st had already received her PGWP in hand..

Don't know the orders of the application or it just randomly selected..Anyway, I hope we can get approval before the 20th.. otherwise it will be next year.. :-[ :-[

zhouyvan

Sep 28, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 2015
AOR Received.
Jan 2016
Med's Done....
Juin 2016
Passport Req..
waiting
Im waiting too, applied online on the Aug 20th.

vicky0907wang said:
Just wondering any August Applicants got approved.. I applied on the Aug 31st.. but my friend who applied on the Sept.21st had already received her PGWP in hand..

Don't know the orders of the application or it just randomly selected..Anyway, I hope we can get approval before the 20th.. otherwise it will be next year.. :-[ :-[

jubear

May 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sdeol6 said:
Hi friends
My friend applied pgwp after completing 2yrs diploma in Alberta.
He applied in May 2015
And got request to pay additional fee of $100 in September. He paid it and uploaded the reciept. Then last week of November he got refusel. Then he contacted cic and they told him they received his reciept 2 days later than the date they told to him. Then they submitted reconsideration request. Now last friday he got again refusel email from cic with same reason of late fee paid.
He contacted immigration lawyer , lawyer told him to apply restoration and pgwp same time. His study permit expired on 30th September.
Anyone here knows about this situation plz reply.
Thanks
Sdeol6,

See my response to Maria112233 on page 185 of this forum to avoid any future delays or refusal.

If your friend was advised in the refusal letter by CIC to apply for restoration of status and PGWP, then he should do exactly that. He must be aware that he only again has exactly a 90-day window in which to restore his status. If he makes the same mistake of not doing so within the deadline given, he will be ordered to leave Canada effective immediately. Therefore, to avoid that scenario, he should apply now for both restoration of status and PGWP simultaneously. He will have to pay $455 in total ($200 for restoration of status; $155 for PGWP; and $100 for OWP holder's fee). Good luck.

Cheers!

ruue

Nov 20, 2015
Hi All,

Is they anyone here who has just received their PGWP and are looking into applying for a PR. If so what is the process like for a PR esp if you are an international student.

Please advice

Thank you

numair728

Star Member
Apr 19, 2014
ruue said:
Hi All,

Is they anyone here who has just received their PGWP and are looking into applying for a PR. If so what is the process like for a PR esp if you are an international student.

Please advice

Thank you
can we apply for PR before getting the PGWP and i am working at two places part time. total hours less than 40 each week. can i apply on this behalf if i dont have 12000 bank statement to show?
thanks