UPDATED TIMELINE:
applied : june 16th (full amount)
blank updates: September 13th and September 16th
request for additional documents ( school transcript) : nov 5th
submitted additional documents (school transcript) : nov 13th
approval November: 28th
mail:December 3rd
Kooy,

That's an informative timeline especially for applicants who were asked to provide additional documents. I'm sure some followers and members on the forum will appreciate it. Feel free to reach out to those who may experience that same situation.

Cheers!

koooy

Nov 16, 2015
jubear said:
Kooy,

That's an informative timeline especially for applicants who were asked to provide additional documents. I'm sure some followers and members on the forum will appreciate it. Feel free to reach out to those who may experience that same situation.

Cheers!
Yes No problem Jubear...for all those whose request are for additional review...this was my experience....I was asked for transcript on the 5th of November. I called CIC why they asking me for my transcript because I already submitted my transcript when I first submitted my application..They told me that they sent my application to the Etobicoke, Ontario office for additional review..so I guess they wanted me to show my transcript again. I requested the transcript from my school in which they did ..sent my transcript on November 13th and got the approval November 28th.

may2015

Nov 22, 2015
PgwpUrgent said:
Hi, my pgwp got approved on nov 26th and got the confirmation letter on nov 27th. But until today I still waiting for the mail, I just wondering have anyone got approved around nov 26th still wait for the mail? Thanks.
I also got approved 7 days ago and I'm still waiting for the mail. It says we need to wait 6 more weeks to be able to contact them again. Don't know what to do :( I need to travel ugrently

livials

Sep 29, 2015
mumbaikar said:
I also finally got my approval
I just logged in and saw the status as updated so I when I clicked in, it said closed and the application has been approved. I didn't get any email notification yet.

Timeline:
Applied: June 26th (paid full amount)
Blank updates 4 times
Approved: December 4th, 2015 (162 days or 5 months, 9 days)
Mail Delivery: Waiting
Hi,

I applied at the same time with you ~ and mine also been approved ~~~!!!!!

PgwpUrgent

Nov 21, 2015
may2015 said:
I also got approved 7 days ago and I'm still waiting for the mail. It says we need to wait 6 more weeks to be able to contact them again. Don't know what to do :( I need to travel ugrently
Me too. I just want to get it as soon as possible and then apply for trv that I can go back to my country beforechristmas.

nuendo

Oct 15, 2015
Hi All,
This question is as regards the TRV application. I have tried answering the questionnaire several time but i always end up getting the form for application made outside Canada. Please any idea what I am doing wrong?? I filled in my current location to Canada and Immigration status as worker . Has anyone gotten this same issue?? I have read don the forum that these form are the same but the requirements differ. In my requirements generated by the list i was asked to provide the work permit, passport and IMM form.

Any insights guys?

Alex Z

Star Member
Oct 23, 2015
nuendo said:
Hi All,
This question is as regards the TRV application. I have tried answering the questionnaire several time but i always end up getting the form for application made outside Canada. Please any idea what I am doing wrong?? I filled in my current location to Canada and Immigration status as worker . Has anyone gotten this same issue?? I have read don the forum that these form are the same but the requirements differ. In my requirements generated by the list i was asked to provide the work permit, passport and IMM form.

Any insights guys?
read Jubear's reply at the top of this page! =)

Alex Z

Star Member
Oct 23, 2015
nuendo said:
Hi All,

Any insights guys?
and yes, you have to upload the form, passport, photo and work permit.)

jubear

May 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

New TRV Within Canada
What you need;
1- Processing fee is $100
2- Required docs for application include;
a) Passport copy (Personal info and stamps)
b) Digital photo
c) IMM5257E form (Same as that for outside applicants. So don't panic)
d) PGWP copy.

eTA
To find out if you are Visa Exempt, go to: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/visas.asp. If you are, then apply for the Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) at: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/eta-start.asp. The fee is $7 (to be paid at the time of application).

Cheers!

Alex Z

Star Member
Oct 23, 2015
Hi everybody!
I'm filling the form for TRV and I have one question.
What are you all writing in the question 'Have you ever remained beyond the validity of your status....'
Yes or no? Do we have to write a comment that my docs expired while I was waiting for PGWP? I'm a bit confused by that question. All insights will be appreciated!
Thanks!

nizolas

Jul 18, 2014
Fyi:
Applied on May 13th.
Approval on Nov 9th.
Mail delivery: Still waiting (starting 5th week of wait this coming Monday)

Called CIC and said no action can be taken unless it's been 6 weeks...

I am thinking that it most likely got lost in the mail...
I wished they would send important docs not through regular mail. At least registered mail!

vivian hsu

Nov 28, 2015
nizolas said:
Fyi:
Applied on May 13th.
Approval on Nov 9th.
Mail delivery: Still waiting (starting 5th week of wait this coming Monday)

Called CIC and said no action can be taken unless it's been 6 weeks...

I am thinking that it most likely got lost in the mail...
I wished they would send important docs not through regular mail. At least registered mail!
Totally agree. They should sent all visa documents (which is critically important) through express mail or something which can be tracked, not through regular mail. I am sorry for you anyways. You will get it soon though.

Oct 4, 2015
RedTapeHoudini said:
Hey, I applied May 28th and was just approved today Dec. 4th! They also had told me I was under a second review, so wouldn't be too concerned about it. Glad that's over with! All the best to everyone still waiting, it'll come!
Thanks for your information, very helpful.

ayaz94

Jan 1, 2013
Alex Z said:
Hi everybody!
I'm filling the form for TRV and I have one question.
What are you all writing in the question 'Have you ever remained beyond the validity of your status....'
Yes or no? Do we have to write a comment that my docs expired while I was waiting for PGWP? I'm a bit confused by that question. All insights will be appreciated!
Thanks!
Hi Alex Z,

I will write "No" for it because we got Implied status in that transition period. We also applied for the worker status before the expiry of student status.